Hospital bag help needed

Sleepy sue

Reaction score
I know it's a little early but I've decided to start my hosp bag. So far I have the following items:

- maternity briefs
- maternity pads (thin ones)
- travel size toothpaste, showergel, shampoo and deodorant
- lip balm
- 2 travel packs of wet wipes (24 in total)
-baby sponge
Carrier bag (put dirty washing in)

Did you take two bags (one for you and one for baby)?

How many blankets?
How many baby grows?
How many nappies?
How many nighties?

I know I've still loads to get but could really do with some guidance

i havent packed mine yet, i did baby one for her clothes nappies and blanket and will put wipes n stuff in mine too as its bigger. i put the pampers welcome pack stuff in there lol

Ive got 1 for me and one for baby.
I also have in mine a nighty to give birth in, pjs for after birth, snacks for me and OH a towel breast pads tens machine and make up bag. Also an outfit to come home in.

Baby's bag has
4 sleep suits and 4 vests neeborn size
1 sleepsuit and vest 0-3 months
A hat
A romper and socks
Going home outfit and snow suit
Blanket
Scratch mits
A towel
8 nappys and cotton wool
Baby wipes (for me) and antiseptic hand stuff
Mini pot of sudocreme

Not sure how much ive missed off as both are from the top of my head and the bags are in the car!

Glad this topic has come up was wondering what to pack myself, when should you start packing your bags do you think? X

I've started to pack now my nephew was born at 28 weeks and I was 8 weeks early I like to feel prepared! X

Thanks pinkyprincess :) x

Erm what's a romper??? x

I've began buying the contents for mine, but not actually put it altogether in the bag and organised it all - gonna leave it a few more weeks if I can (unless I get really bored!)

What about some breast pads? I've bought a pack of them from Boots.

The hospital bag is my nemesis! Can't stand doing it, it's never enough and I alwas have to put more in - I might as well take the whole damn house, aaaargh!

The hospital bag is my nemesis! Can't stand doing it, it's never enough and I alwas have to put more in - I might as well take the whole damn house, aaaargh!

^^^^ This!

Trying to pack my bag as we speak. Baby's was done a few days ago. I'll do a list once it's done. However I have gone for the kitchen sink approach. Also realising that I have an irrational fear of running out of clean underwear.

I have packed mine and Boo Boo's this afternoon, so we are all sorted. OH took control and did it actually, list in hand :D

Did it so we can take to Bristol with us tomorrow...I figure if we have it, then nothing will happen
:love:

xx

Last edited:
My midwife told me I had far too much stuff in my hospital bag. She said 2 out fits max for baby and that includes going home outfit. Wash stuff. 2 nighties max. Maternity pads. A couple of nappies. Underwear. Slippers n dressing gown. And a change of clothes for me. That's it. :-S She said midwives at my maternity get annoyed with people bringing in bags and bags of stuff. She said if I need to stay in longer, hubby can pop home and get more things if needed.xx

My midwife told me I had far too much stuff in my hospital bag. She said 2 out fits max for baby and that includes going home outfit. Wash stuff. 2 nighties max. Maternity pads. A couple of nappies. Underwear. Slippers n dressing gown. And a change of clothes for me. That's it. :-S She said midwives at my maternity get annoyed with people bringing in bags and bags of stuff. She said if I need to stay in longer, hubby can pop home and get more things if needed.xx

I can understand that BUT my OH wouldn't know where half the stuff is lol!

Lol think this is where I'm lucky. Hubby seems to know more then me when it comes to this stuff. He knows where everything is. So I'm not too worried.xx

Ok I've started mine finally...will post the contents in a bit.x

My oh and i also packed our bags today, i didnt realise how hard work it would be. I feel like their never going to be done. God help us when we go on a holiday as a family. I will need ten suitcases. :)

right. I have to iron my son's school shirts so gonna iron the baby clothes tonight. I think tomorrow is the day I'm packing mine. I don't plan on bringing too much.

Only thing I'll add to what others is put is earplugs, and a flannel you can make hot/cold with water as needed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back