How many? Will they?

Lilelephant

Reaction score
Ok so I thought I should think about packing my hospital bag and baby's too so baby bag questions are
Will the hospital have somewhere to steriliser bottles if I can't breastfeed? I have packed a bottle and some formula just incase!
Hospital bag questions are
How many maternity pads will I need? I have packed 10is that enough

The hospital should have somewhere to sterilise the bottles :) Have a quick word with your MW and she should be able to tell you. Do you have a hospital visit planned? You'll be able to see the facilities then too. :)

Our hospital gave you pre sterilised bottles I think! As for maternity Pads, you can never overestimate! I had E at home and I think I'd gone thru 10 before I'd even got in the ambulance :shock:

Def need more than 10 pads! I went through 10 in a few hours. Not sure about bottles as Im breastfeeding so didn't take any.

I was going to say that I barely used any pads BUT I forget that with a section you just get a pad on the bed and spend 12 hours without pants on :wall: So yes, if I remember the bed, you'll go through a fair amount of pads. Also, my hospital did the same with the presterilised bottles I think. I saw the woman across from me with them.

Last edited:
Check that your hosp defo don't provide the ready made bottles first. If not they should provide a steriliser. MW should know.

Defo, defo more than 10 pads - although, you may get a load of them from the hospital, i'd take as many of them first before using your own. I was using 3 one on top of the other after birth & still soaking through pants/jammies/bedsheets & changing pads every hour, so i'd say the 10 will easy be gone in a day. I'd say just put in the whole pack to be on the safe side.

:)

I was going to say that I barely used any pads BUT I forget that with a section you just get a pad on the bed and spend 12 hours without pants on :wall: So yes, if I remember the bed, you'll go through a fair amount of pads. Also, my hospital did the same with the presterilised bottles I think. I saw the woman across from me with them.

so u still need pads when u have a section? oh god im seriously clueless gona hav to start reading up x

Yeah youll need pads but not as many as a normal birth because you wont need them for the first 12 hours, which I think is when you use them the most after a normal birth.

My hospital provided bottles and they had a steralizer if we needed one dummys or anything . As for maternity pads I brought a whole pack I was going through tons at one point I needed two at a time x

I'm so glad you asked this as I have a pack of 10 and thought that would be enough :shock:! I really need to get organised! x

Oh blimey - I haven't even started thinking about this stuff yet, getting frightened now.................... I so have absolutely no clue where to start with all this.......

I knew obviously people bleed afterwards but I never realised it was that much :shock: think I'm going to pack a few packs just incase! lol

My hospital provide pre sterilized bottles and i've packed 2 packs of pads to start with oh knows where the others r so he can bring more in !! Ive also got paper pants for the first day and nighties rather than pj as when your sat in bed can pull it up out the way saves on washing !!!! xxxxx

I have a question if i can hijack this topic lol... i feel stupid asking but do the hospital provide any nappies? Ive packed some but im not sure how many to pack.

When I went in last week they had a nappy sitting ready for the baby, but I guess they knew I wouldn't be prepared at my stage. I think they expect you to take them in though don't they? They might give you a copule to start off with. I have put 7 in baby's hospital bag x

I've been told to pack nappies as our hospital don't. I've also got bottles and ready made Aptimil and SMA milk cartons just in case we don't get on with breastfeeding (I don't know if my hosp provides formula).

xx

they normally provide the first one !!! im taking bout 8 in to start off with !! again oh know where the others r so he can bring more in if they dont let me out that quick. plus in bounty packs there is normally one or 2. xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back