Hospital bag help needed

Hey girls, my thought is I'd rather take too much than not enough and be without it because the hospital is about 5 miles away from where I live, in my bag I have packed a nightie, slippers, dressing gown and an outfit to come home in, a toothbrush, shampoo and showergel and a hair brush, along with some snacks for hubby and me. And for harry 2-3 babygros, 2-3 vests couple of pairs of socks a hat his clothes to go home in ( but depending on how tired we are he might just stay in his baby gro, his jacket and a blanket and his teddy of his aunty,
Also taking his changing bag with nappies and changing stuff
Can you wash baby at hospital or do you wait till you get home? Cuz I would prefer to wash him before he comes home so he's not covered in bits of me :S

Last edited:
Had my 1st antenatal class today and they mentioned that the large/thick always pads won't do the trick as you can bleed quite heavy at first after birth. you need the thick nappy type pads I'm afraid. Also don't forget a sterilised bottle and some formula just in case you need give your little one a head start. Don't forget breast pads and a non wired maternity bra.

Thanks kerrianne I hadn't thought about nursing bra!!

I'll look forward to the lists ladies x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back