Maternity pads for after baby is here?

ok well will get a few packs of each to make sure im covered. used to get really heavy periods (original reason for going on the pill) so no doubt will be awful after baby. xxx

I've bought Tesco's home make but I've bought plenty in because when I had DD2 I had to wear 2 at a time.

It's not the nicest of things and makes me feel quite uncomfortable but hey it's not forever is it.

I need to get some too, i only have a packet of mat ones in my hospital bag. I HATE them and have used tampons for as long as i can remember so really not looking forward to wearing nasty pads :-(

I'm the same! Think I've only ever used pads for 2 periods! Pads just seem dirty to me. Lol something I am going to need to get over!! I have got 4 packs of Boots maternity pads and one pack of always night time pads. Might as well have a nappy! :mad: also got some very sexy disposable knickers too. :)

Xx

I need to get some too, i only have a packet of mat ones in my hospital bag. I HATE them and have used tampons for as long as i can remember so really not looking forward to wearing nasty pads :-(

I'm the same! Think I've only ever used pads for 2 periods! Pads just seem dirty to me. Lol something I am going to need to get over!! I have got 4 packs of Boots maternity pads and one pack of always night time pads. Might as well have a nappy! :mad: also got some very sexy disposable knickers too. :)

Xx

i will be coming home in my disposable knickers and elephant pads if i dont get back into my pre pregnancy jeans that ive packed lol i know all my maternity jeans will fall off me

I'm still in my pre preggers jeans and bottoms as most of mine r hipsters and sit below the bump! Which is very handy, not alway comfortable though depends how long I've worn then etch but talking knickers I don't think I can do disposable knickers I don't like the material ! May just go primark and buy some comfy stretchy ones that font cost the earth and that I can throw away after x

I'm still in my pre preggers jeans and bottoms as most of mine r hipsters and sit below the bump! Which is very handy, not alway comfortable though depends how long I've worn then etch but talking knickers I don't think I can do disposable knickers I don't like the material ! May just go primark and buy some comfy stretchy ones that font cost the earth and that I can throw away after x

i had a gorgeous pair of miss sixty hipsters i swear i loved them i eventually worn the arse out on them and they had to go im still gutted ive never been able to find a pair that fit so nice not even other miss sixtys......oh how i miss my jeans

How many packs do you think I should stock up on then? I'm planning on using the Boots ones and they don't always sell them in the tiny Boots in town! x

my main concern are the chicken breast sized clots you are meant to pass and will ANY pad catch that?! :(

I never passed a clot bigger than 50p with any of my 4 babies-I personally only needed the bigger pads for 4 days at the most then switched down to the slim boots maternity pads. I would say that 3 packs should be enough then stock up on regular sanitary towels aswel just to be sure xx

I passed a clot, and I'm not exaggerating it was the size of a tennis ball, I ran into the corridor screaming and crying... MW checked it out and was apparently completely normal, why do they not tell you about these things?!

Hun, I found that the maternity pads held a lot more blood, I ran out of maternity pads and used a super absorbent Always pad and it lasted all of 20 mins, I was wearing 2 maternity pads at a time, it's a lot more blood but those other pads should be perfect for when it eases a bit :thumbup: The maternity pads are strangely comfy too! x

I also didn't have clots too bad, but after dd1 I turned over in bed and all of a sudden blood started gushing out do bad, I ran into the bathroom and tried to clean up and it looked like a massacre! Hubby came in and saw ant took me straight to the hospital with tea towels stuffed down my pants lol! All was fine tho :blush:

I've totally underestimated how many packs I would need. I only bought 2 packs of boots, one thick pack and one thin. I better get more lol xx

I couldn't tell you how many I went through :lol: I'd get about 5 maternity packs to start with anyway :lol:

I only had 2 packs of boots mat pads and only used one pack x

Hmm quite a variation! For the ladies that bled a lot afterwards, did you bleed less during the birth do you think, and if you didn't bleed so much afterwards did you think you bled a lot during the birth?

I've got 3 packets of maternity pads and two Always night time ones so hope that's enough!

I bled LOADS through the birth, but to be fair I had about 10 sweeps cos I wasn't progressing very well! I went through about 2 packs of pads just during the labour as I was changing it every half hour or so for 30 hours ish :)
Bled lots after too.
Absolutely dreading my first period!

I didn't bleed at all during the birth, Odhran came out with lots of fluid and I didn't start bleeding until the placenta was delivered, I was expecting Odhran to be covered in everything but he was just shiny :lol: I was wearing 2 pads at a time and 2 pairs of knickers and still leaked, although I bled heavy but only for about 3 weeks.. My friend bled for 7 x

Here's another probably silly question, when you wore two pads do you double decker them?

No hun just one. If you can ask the labour ward for some of there pads there huge v v comfy and I never leaked with there's my midwife gave me a pack v v handy. X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back