Maternity Pads?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by TashaWink, Jan 5, 2012.

1. TashaWink

TashaWink Well-Known Member

Hi ladies.... just wondering what pads you have bought? I when to go and buy some yesterday and was so confuzzled! I ended up just buying heavy flow night always ones. But is there a type that i should get thats better?

Tasha

2. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

I bought asdas little angels maternity ones. Xxx

3. hugsy

hugsy Well-Known Member

I got mothercare maternity ones

Got the maternity pads, breast pads and disposable nickers on the 3 for 2 offer in the sale,

Im sure the heavy flow will work too although i was shocked to read on the back of the pack that you need a full pack for 1 day !!!!!!!!!! thats a hell of a lot of bleeding

4. Lilelephant

Lilelephant Well-Known Member

I got tesco but in stole loads from hospital so haven't even opened my own yet

5. TashaWink

Love it! :) Cool cool i will get some proper maternity pads at the weekend! Yea i'm dreading the whole bleeding bit after!

6. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

I've got Boots' own brand in maternity pads, breast pads and disposable briefs :) Cheap too!

7. Nic36

Nic36 Well-Known Member

I've got the Tesco ones - was also shocked that it saId on the back you need a pack a day... Gulp!

8. Lulabell

Lulabell Well-Known Member

Wilkinsons ones. £1 for pack of ten. :) xx

9. TORino

TORino Well-Known Member

How many of these will we need ladies? I am dreading this bit. I hate pads.

10. Hunnie

Hunnie Well-Known Member

Good idea :D.

I bought boots maternity ones

11. leannesxb

leannesxb Well-Known Member

I am slightly concerned was only gonna get a couple of packs but think I may look at getting more. Plus disposable pants wasn't gonna get any of them but looks like I may need to. Think I was being to hopeful having a c-section. lol

12. x_larlybelle_x

x_larlybelle_x Well-Known Member

Tesco ones are 90p for 10. I have 3 packs so far. Gonna have to buy a box of them I think.

I'm the same hugsy - I HATE pads. Only ever used pads once for my very first period, and even that was only 1 pad as I begged a friend for tampons ( I was on a school activity holiday in Wales and I wasn't buying any!!!)

Wasn't gonna get any disposable knickers - they feel horrible! Might have to re-think that too!

13. Olive

Olive Well-Known Member

I just bought a pack of 10 mat pads from mothercare. Figure if I need more, OH can pop in and get them hopefully! xx

14. leannesxb

leannesxb Well-Known Member

I hate pads too I never where them the only time I did was during my mc. Even then I had the very thin ones not big pads. Yukky. x

15. Cazzlou

Cazzlou Well-Known Member

I've bought boots Again this time.

A tip i was told last time was drop a few drops of lavender oil on the pad as it helps with healing. X

16. hugsy

hugsy Well-Known Member

oh are the disposable pants uncomfy? might get extra granny pants and just use them as backup so

Oh it does all sound pretty horrible to be fair, I never knew before gettin pg that u bled so much after so not impressed

not quite related but for some reason im also discusted at the thought of delivering the placenta, no idea why but it sends a shiver right trough me

17. TORino

TORino Well-Known Member

Did I read somewhere that we are not to use the normal sanitary pads like always etc? I might have made this up but I 'm sure I read there was a reason why we should use maternity specific ones.

I only have 10, I'm thinking that might not be enough lol

18. mummy2b73

mummy2b73 Well-Known Member

I've just bought Asda's own maternity pads up to now but I am going to buy some more from elsewhere just so I have a variety in case they aren't any good. As for disposable underwear I have just bought 10 pairs of cheap Asda knickers which were reduced to £2 for 5 pairs so figured I would just throw them away afterwards.......It's difficult knowing what to expect when it's your first pregnancy.

#18 mummy2b73, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  19. TashaWink

Yea i hate wearing pads too - its the whole feeling of the fluid coming out (TMI?) feels like i'm constantly wetting myself! Not nice! I think i will be making a trip to tesco this weekend! :) thanks for the lavendar tip too-defo gonna try that!

20. charliebear

charliebear Well-Known Member

Your meant to use maternity pads at the beginning as they are more absorbent not to mention longer and more padded! Brilliant to protect stitches. They are also better if MW needs to check bleeding etc.
    I found normal pads rubbed and irritated. I also bought cheap underwear instead of disposable more for comfort :)