Maternity Pads?

TashaWink

Reaction score
Hi ladies.... just wondering what pads you have bought? I when to go and buy some yesterday and was so confuzzled! I ended up just buying heavy flow night always ones. But is there a type that i should get thats better?

Tasha

I bought asdas little angels maternity ones. Xxx

I got mothercare maternity ones

Got the maternity pads, breast pads and disposable nickers on the 3 for 2 offer in the sale,

Im sure the heavy flow will work too although i was shocked to read on the back of the pack that you need a full pack for 1 day !!!!!!!!!! thats a hell of a lot of bleeding

I got tesco but in stole loads from hospital so haven't even opened my own yet

I got tesco but in stole loads from hospital so haven't even opened my own yet

Love it! :) Cool cool i will get some proper maternity pads at the weekend! Yea i'm dreading the whole bleeding bit after!

I've got Boots' own brand in maternity pads, breast pads and disposable briefs :) Cheap too!

I've got the Tesco ones - was also shocked that it saId on the back you need a pack a day... Gulp!

Wilkinsons ones. £1 for pack of ten. :) xx

How many of these will we need ladies? I am dreading this bit. I hate pads.

I am slightly concerned was only gonna get a couple of packs but think I may look at getting more. Plus disposable pants wasn't gonna get any of them but looks like I may need to. Think I was being to hopeful having a c-section. lol

Tesco ones are 90p for 10. I have 3 packs so far. Gonna have to buy a box of them I think.

I'm the same hugsy - I HATE pads. Only ever used pads once for my very first period, and even that was only 1 pad as I begged a friend for tampons ( I was on a school activity holiday in Wales and I wasn't buying any!!!)

Wasn't gonna get any disposable knickers - they feel horrible! Might have to re-think that too!

I just bought a pack of 10 mat pads from mothercare. Figure if I need more, OH can pop in and get them hopefully! xx

I hate pads too I never where them the only time I did was during my mc. Even then I had the very thin ones not big pads. Yukky. x

I've bought boots Again this time.

A tip i was told last time was drop a few drops of lavender oil on the pad as it helps with healing. X

oh are the disposable pants uncomfy? might get extra granny pants and just use them as backup so

Oh it does all sound pretty horrible to be fair, I never knew before gettin pg that u bled so much after so not impressed

not quite related but for some reason im also discusted at the thought of delivering the placenta, no idea why but it sends a shiver right trough me

Did I read somewhere that we are not to use the normal sanitary pads like always etc? I might have made this up but I 'm sure I read there was a reason why we should use maternity specific ones.

I only have 10, I'm thinking that might not be enough lol

I've just bought Asda's own maternity pads up to now but I am going to buy some more from elsewhere just so I have a variety in case they aren't any good. As for disposable underwear I have just bought 10 pairs of cheap Asda knickers which were reduced to £2 for 5 pairs so figured I would just throw them away afterwards.......It's difficult knowing what to expect when it's your first pregnancy.

Last edited:
Yea i hate wearing pads too - its the whole feeling of the fluid coming out (TMI?) feels like i'm constantly wetting myself! Not nice! I think i will be making a trip to tesco this weekend! :) thanks for the lavendar tip too-defo gonna try that!

Your meant to use maternity pads at the beginning as they are more absorbent not to mention longer and more padded! Brilliant to protect stitches. They are also better if MW needs to check bleeding etc.
I found normal pads rubbed and irritated. I also bought cheap underwear instead of disposable more for comfort :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back