Please help - could I be pregnant?

flossey

Reaction score
I signed upto this website in hope for some help or advice. I'm not on any contraception from I split up with my ex boyfriend. My period is normally very regular, give or take a day or 2. It normally comes around the 13th-15th of every month. Last month I had sex around the start of July and bled around the 14th, (I don't usually note dates) To be honest I can't remember whether it was like a proper period, light or heavey etc because I thought nothing of it.

However, I haven't had my period yet this month which is unusual for me because as I said it's always been regular give or take a day or 2. My boobs are very tender, for the likes of going over bumps in the road (if there is quite a few) I would have to hold my boobs as it would be quite painful, but I do have naturally big boobs anyway. The past few days I've noticed myself peeing a lot more often. But this is just something I've noticed because I'm thinking 'could I be pregnant'.

The reason I've not yet got a pregnancy test is because I keep putting it off, thinking 'I'll leave it for another few days to see if it comes'. I'm going to go into town tomorrow and buy one and see. I also forgot to add, the fella I had sex with, it was a drunken thing so we didn't use protection, he didn't ejaculate inside of me but I've been told precum can get you pregnant although the chances aren't high. In a way I sort of know I'm not but it's just the fact of the late period, tender boobs etc. although I got a 'period' last month.

Sorry for the big reel, I would appreciate any advice. Thanks guys :)

Edit: Thought of more symptoms, very lately as well I've been getting heart burn like most times after I eat or any time really I burp and sick comes up my throat, not sick as such its almost like lemonade like really bubbly??? And was just scrolling through this forum and seen someone said bleeding gums as a symptom. I've had bleeding gums quite a few times in life whilst brushing my teeth but the past 2 weeks or so most mornings I brush it's really bloody whereas before it was like watery blood.

Last edited:
Hmm it sounds like you have a few symptoms chick but the only way for sure is to take a test. It's best to know sooner rather than later. But if you had sex just before your last period it is very unlikely you'll be pregnant, and also I don't really know about pre-cum but I guess the chances are fairly low from that too. Maybe your period is late because you're worried and stressed- this can delay it? Hope it works out for you xx

yes u can get preg from precum, it still contains sperm. a guy dosent have to ejeculate to get you pg, they constantly leak sperm during sex. its just in a higher concentration when the cum. if your late and have those symptoms you should test.
sperm can also live for a few days in the womb/vagina and you may not have actually had a period, it could have been implantation bleeding or you could have got caught just after by leftover sperm.

Last edited:
hi hun. the only way to know for sure is to test. You say ur period is normally 13-15 of the month and you had sex the beginning of July.. generally you ovulate approx 14 days before ur period so you could have been ovulating and then the bleed you had if very light could have been implantation.
As Bev said, you can get pg even if he doesnt cum inside you... the chances are lower than if he does but there is still a chance.
Get yourself a test to put ur mind at rest, as the stress of worrying could be upsetting ur cycle xxxxxx

good luck hun does sound like you have a lot of symptoms. I got pregnant using the pull out method so it is possible like the other ladies said you could have had an implantation bleed. do the test and put your mind at rest what ever the out come us ladies are here for you xxx

Thanks for the replies girls. One of you said it could be stress of worry delaying it, as far as I know I don't feel stressed or anything so don't think it could be that. My friend is bringing me home a pregnancy test as I slept in today, another thing is just sleeping right through. Yes, I sat up late last night but normally when I'd do that I'd wake up around 11ish then back to sleep then wake up every hour until I get up. But today I slept right through til 3 without even wakening up, which isn't very like me! I'm excited to test later to see what the outcome is :)

I'm not sure whether you want to be....or not! I tend to notice 'pregnancy like' symptoms up a week or so before my period is due, and have convinced and worried myself on many occasions that the heartburn, sore breasts, slight nausea etc. are because I'm pregnant. Then along comes the jolly old period and all's well again. Worrying/wondering about it tends to magnify the symptoms and delay the start of the period (42 days is my record). Although I'm very familiar with pregnancy symptoms (pregnant with number 6) I still struggle to differentiate between pre-period and pregnancy symptoms now. I wish you the very best of luck with your test, but I think your gut feeling will be right on this oneXX

It's definitely possible, good luck with testing and let us know how you get on x

Hope you get the answer you wiksh fokr when you test - good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back