***March Mummies ****

What a day!! Went for appointment at hospital and they checked my blood pressure. Machine kept beeping and bottom number was 120. Midwife said it was high but that she'd recheck in 15 mins. She came back and it was 110. I went to see consultant and she said blood pressure was too high for me to go home and I had to stay overnight for obs, have full bloods and urine with a view to induction.
I was so shocked and had to fight back tears! I'd had bp done at doctors on Monday and bottom no was 78.
Whilst they tried to find me a bed the midwife and consultant tried to manually check my bp. Both kept coming up with different readings varying from 80 - 100!
No room on assessment unit so ended up in a delivery room on a trace waiting for blood tests. Blood pressure read 78 on theirs 4 times over 3 hours - I'm convinced their machine downstairs was wrong!!! Everything else was fine do no concerns.
Was offered a sweep but when she tried she said cervix was posterior and she couldn't do it. One doctor said to leave it and let nature happen, another said get the stirrups out and try again harder - I opted to let nature take it's course!!
So they let me home.
I can't sleep, being in that delivery room has really scared me. I'm not ready, I don't even think I'm capable of giving birth. I've never been so frightened in my life :(

That's horrendous hon, please don't let it worry you so much. When you go in for the real thing, you know your coming out with your baby. Today was stressful for you and not how you will feel on the day. Hope your ok :hugs: x x

Oh Cjj! What a horrible and worrying thing to go through!! I hate the electronic BP machines as I don't trust them (was nurse for 10years and always preferred to take manual BPs).
As T84 said, try not to worry about not feeling ready. Your body will kick in when bab really is in the way.
Sending lots if stretchy cervix vibes your way!! I know how you feel!!XxX

Cjj sounds bloody awful.

Things are kicking off here still pains are getting stronger are closer together, just need them to be a little more frequent now!

Thanks all - not much sleep happening here tonight!!!
Exciting Yolliss, fingers crossed they ramp up for you!

Well things have progressed, I'm heading to maternity unit hopefully this is it this time!!

Glad your bp is fine, that must've been scary x

Good luck Yollis

I was getting contractions from around 6pm but after a while i realised the pain was just a stabbing at the bottom of my bump. If I lie down or sit down I get the sharp pain regardless if I was getting a tightening of my bump, phoned hospital and they told me to just keep doing what I'm doing, going on all 4s, having baths ect.

I've now found the only way to relieve the pressure and pain is lying ob my back. I cant even go to my side of the stabbing pain comes back at its worst. No idea what to do, as im so much pain. Im also getting so mu h pain in my lower back, starting to worry that baby can't fit into my pelvis or something

Well things have progressed, I'm heading to maternity unit hopefully this is it this time!!

Good luck Yolliss! Fingers crossed for you that this is is!

Kaedin - sorry to hear the pains arent easing up for you. I really hope something gets going soon as its just not fair on you now!!

As for me, I did an hour of nipple stimulation last night and it definitely got contractions going but they stopped soon after. I then woke at 1am in a panic that I may have distressed mini pea by doing it so was up another hour making baby move! I'm resigned to being an April mummy now.XxX

How you feeling now Kaedin?
Maybe worth another call to hospital?

Oh Yolliss - how exciting for you... so pleased, things are happening at last. Look forward to updates...

Good luck xx

How many of us are left?

Am i the most officially over due mama now? Feel like im being left behind in school! (Although i am very happy for everyone having their babies as some of you have had a really crappy few weeks. Im just 'still pregnant!')

I'm still here!
Looks like we're three down though - Yolliss, Kaedin and iwant3.

You'll get your baby before I do so fear not! X

Well done to us all for having our babies, and wishing the remaining march mummies lords of labour vibes anda quick one at that.

Also wanted to say a thanks for the chats and helping keep me sane, its been lovely going through the same path with you ladies even if we haven't even met, its made things easier to deal with!!

Xx

Good luck Yolliss! Fingers crossed for you that this is is!

Kaedin - sorry to hear the pains arent easing up for you. I really hope something gets going soon as its just not fair on you now!!

As for me, I did an hour of nipple stimulation last night and it definitely got contractions going but they stopped soon after. I then woke at 1am in a panic that I may have distressed mini pea by doing it so was up another hour making baby move! I'm resigned to being an April mummy now.XxX

Don't give up just yet, I though it was in my head and was and still am shocked at giving birth in 3 contractions after waters being broken...from 0 to 5 then I had her so dont give up it can happen in march still wishing you lots of pain haha xx

Im still here - 40+1.... But aside from the tightest feeling ever in my bump - nothing to report herr.

Its not tightenings just tight all the time - very uncomfortable :-(

X

Get masturbating!!

LOL! Was that your secret ;)? Ive been trying a bit of nipple stimulation and that is definitely having an affect. Will persever!

Melanie, it sounds like your going through the same as me. Generally feeling tight over my bump or with no let up!! Bending down is really uncomfortable!!

Although it feels like we'll be pregnant forever, we won't. Just got to get through each day and know that we are all one step closer to meeting our babies. Come on babies, lets give PF another March hat trick!!

Horrid night last night - uncomfortable tight and painful but as its all over and not coming in waves im sure its nothing..

I was in no rush, but then u get a crappy night and feel rough... Hopefully will be back to chilled and 'in no rush' again after a lazy day today.

Im doing a labour thread for luratraloora so im so excited for her, it will also be a great distraction for me..
X

Its awful when it does that, seems I was in labour for two days but sitting down stopped contractions so dragged it out. Hope it doesn't tease you for too long and baby comes soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back