Manual or Electric Breast Pump?

mrswoody

Reaction score
Hello.
Just wondering of anyone has recommendations on which breast pump is better? I have tommy tippie bottles so just need the breast pump. Any mummies have any advice please? :) I really do hope to BF and to express
Thank you :)
X

I never used a manual one but had the medela swing electric one which was fab x

I've currently just got the manual one, and will see how expressing goes before I fork out for an electric one. I'm tommee tippee too, so just got the TTCTN manual pump xx

I've currently just got the manual one, and will see how expressing goes before I fork out for an electric one. I'm tommee tippee too, so just got the TTCTN manual pump xx

Snap!! Want to see how I get on first before spending to much. And the tommy tippee one is £20 in Mothercare just now.x

I had a manual but it was hard work! Gonna get an electric for the next one!

I've got Tommy Tippee bottles too, but the reviews for their electric breast pump weren't great - so I got the Medela Swing from eBay and will just pour into the Tommie Tippee bottles.

I've got the electric tommee tippee one, have tested it out & it feels so much easier just holding it there rather than getting RSI manually doing it lol. That said, I'm unsure how much I'll be expressing anyway!! Oh and I didn't pay full price for it, think it was half price in a baby event few months ago Xx

I am getting the medela swing one. Planning to regularly express so no point for a manual one for me

I got a cheap electric one for about 25 pound so didnt mind at that price

my view is if your going for a manuel you might as well save your money as you can do the same amount of work with your hand - electric is SO much faster and easier xx

Thank you for your replies! I might hunt around to see if I can get the TT electric one cheaper online somewhere :)

I have a manual one for the time being but don't really want to express straight away.

I'll see how it goes and decide if I want an electric one when I do start expressing.

If I do then it will be the medula swing, I hear very good things about it!

xxxxxxxxx

I have the tommee tippee manual one, but I also have arthritis in my wrists so we'll see if I can even use it lol.
If not, I'll just have to buy an electric one x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping I wont be using it all the time anyway, just enough to make bottles up so that OH can feed LO too so we can take turns doing night feeds x

I have the spectra 3 electric pump and wouldn't be without it :) it has given me the option of still feeding him my milk when he won't take from me.....

I've got the medela swing electric one also. Fx it's a good one xx

I mainly want one so hubby can do feeds and so when we are out I don't have to whip out a boobie!! Lol the TTCN one hasn't got the best reviews but is 50% off at the mo. the Medela swing has the best reviews

It depends how much you are planning on expressing. Finn wouldn't latch on in the first week do I was expressing every feed for him. I tried the tommee tippee one, but didn't get on with it after I'd used the hospital's pump (it was amazing but unfortunately they're about £2000 to buy new!). I now use the Medela swing, which I much prefer. The 'sucking' action is nicer than the Tommee Tippeee, and it's simpler to put together.
I find expressing, even with an electric pump, quite frustrating, and would always say go for electric, just in case you have trouble feeding like I did, and end up doing a lot of expressing x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back