Breastfeeding

MrsR

Reaction score
What do I need to breastfeed? Breast pump-anyone have any recommendations? Breast pads? Nursing bra-any recommendations here? Ditto nursing tops? Should we get a steriliser and bottles just in case? Anything else I need to be adding to my list?

I am planning on breast feeding, but have bought back-up stuff just in case i cant do it. I have bought breast pump, bottles, formula, steriliser, nursing bras, breast milk storage bags, breast pads and nipple cream. Must say - i forgot about nursing tops! Most of the stuff i have got is tommee tippee because it was on offer in tesco a while ago. I only bought 3 nursing bras, as i dont know what size i'll be once baby comes. Migt get some nipple shields too. There is so much to think about!

I would like to breastfeed but have bought 2 bottles just in case. I won't be buying a pump until i know i can definitely breastfeed.

I bought some bottles and a steriliser because although I want to breast feed I want my other half to be able to feed baby too :)
Anyone know the best place to get nursing bras? All the ones i see are a little small :(

I got some from mothercare and M&S (34E) - think they do bigger sizes in both xxx

im not buying bottles as incase i cant then every supermarket got what you need.. Its so much that need to be bouht anyway im not gonna waste the money. Im thinking posetive and i WILL breastfeed!
I have bought washeble breastpads (will buy 1 pack of disposeble aswell to have in bag just incase and for hospital) I will only buy 1 nipplecream thing as its not sure you will need it. :D

I WILL BREASTFEED (thinking posetiv)

i had my nursing bra from next. and i'm 34dd was only £12

i have bottles etc ready im going to be buying a breast pump as i intend to express for first few weeks but il be bottle feeding after that most probably i would recommend having backup stuff there tho as i didnt get milk for 5 days after dd was born as can sometimes happen

yo!
I am going to breast feed too. the pump i am getting is the avent manual pump as EVERYONE has recommended it. and im going to get bottles to go between breast feeding and expressed milk because i have a lot of things to do ( i teach lots of different things so will be leaving baby with people) so going to try and get bubba used to both, but definately going to think positive and WILL only use breast milk haha!! going to get breast pads, and a tube of nipple cream. and i use freya bras and they are amazing! lol all of us have basically said the same thing haha x

I would recommend Lansinoh nipple cream, it is expensive but lasts and lasts - its brilliant :)

I would recommend Lansinoh nipple cream, it is expensive but lasts and lasts - its brilliant :)

I agree but tbh I didn't need it wiv my last son.

As 4 breast pumps,I've never found 1 that isn't uncomfortable,I used the scent manual 1 last time and although it works it's a v strange feelin watching ur nipple been sucked into it *still makes me shudder*

I'm really excited to be breast feeding and it's gonna be so great having you guys around to lend support and advice x thanks guys x

I'm def gonna do this , this time, it's the one big thing I want to achieve in my last pregnancy other than have my healthy baby born.

To make sure I don't cave in at a weak moment, I'm not buying bottles till I need them.

Two out of three of my babies ended up in Scubu (due to C-section mostly) and so ended up tube fed for a while , so it's inportnant for me to fill that gap with my milk and get my boobs going till we can try again - so I will buy a breast pump, looking at the Medela Swing Breast pump, expensive, but it's been looking great on reveiews and I didn't like the manual one last time.

I agree with Helen, using this forum when new to breast feeding will be great for help and advice from the other ladies

Boobs. That's it.....

These companies would have you believe you need all sorts of things but all you need are your girls (.Y.) and to know who to ask if you need some help or support ;)

JJ that's the one they use at my hospital I think but they are just switching to a cheaper version which they feel is just as good I will try and get the details :)

I'm thinking positive too! There's not one formula related item in our house so this baby WILL be breastfed! We bought a tommee tippee electric pump as it was half price but that's about it. Bought some Boots own brand nipple cream which i've been using now, leaves skin REALLY soft! :)

Boobs. That's it.....

These companies would have you believe you need all sorts of things but all you need are your girls (.Y.) and to know who to ask if you need some help or support ;)

LOL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love it!!!!

I havn't bought anything at all because i'm planning to breastfeed and like many of you, I am determined that it will happen, no matter how tough it is. I may look into getting a pump and bottles after bab is born if OH really shows an interest in feeding but TBH I can't really afford things that arn't really essential so if I can get away with it, it will just be me, baby and boobs!

xxx

Nothing worth doing in life is easy ;)

Formula has only been around for 100yrs......humans have been around for hundreds of thousands.....pre formula people didnt have to 'think positive' or 'hope' they could BF.......the negativity surrounding BFing is perpetuated by formula companies and breast feeding 'accessory' manufacturers so they dont go out of business.

If you CHOOSE not to thats perfectly acceptable and no one should be made to feel guilty. In truth less than 1% of women 'cant' BF but because lots give up for many different reasons it feeds in to the whole BFing is hard and something to be nervous and anxious about. Animals dont get nervous and need to think positive - they just crack on because that's the only option or their babies die. Trust your clever bodies girls! They are doing a great job feeding and caring for your growing babies now....they are designed to do that.....why would there be a massive design fault once they are born? Your body wont let your baby down if you just trust it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back