Long termers 6 months or more

Wow @Nikkibiscuit I always think ppls pregnancies go so quickly but now living it for 4 days so far It's going so slow for me. That's you on the home stretch now. Lovely to hear x

Its mad isn't it where time goes?! I think for me the first 12 weeks was super slow and cos we didnt tell anyone it dragged more and just felt like being trapped in an alternate reality. After that its trucked along quite quickly. I'm told it will grind to a halt now as I get more uncomfortable. I cant complain though I've had a pretty good pregnancy really. Although I will not miss the heartburn it's been my one consistent symptom since the early weeks. Every.single.day. xx

How you feeling @Alexis2017 ? Xx

So I've known I'm pregnant for 9 days now and it's going so slow. I had cramps day 13 and 14 then none till tonight on day 19 and I got so worried as they were quite strong. Had some pulling and pinching at the sides too. They have started to settle now but had me worried. I keep getting upset stomache and bloating which is so uncomfortable. I think the next 3 weeks to scan is going to drag in.

So I've known I'm pregnant for 9 days now and it's going so slow. I had cramps day 13 and 14 then none till tonight on day 19 and I got so worried as they were quite strong. Had some pulling and pinching at the sides too. They have started to settle now but had me worried. I keep getting upset stomache and bloating which is so uncomfortable. I think the next 3 weeks to scan is going to drag in.

Bless you hun. Try not to worry about the cramps and pulling I had a lot of that early on in the first few weeks I think it's quite normal as long as no bleeding.

I didnt start bloating until about 8 or 10 weeks then had some seriously gassy belly days.

It will feel like the longest ever. Just try to use distraction tactics that was the only thing that worked for me. Anything to occupy my brain for 5 minutes. It wont shake the constant feeling of holy shit I'm pregnant but I found busying my mind was the only thing that kept me sane. I had an early scan at 7/8 weeks but the gap then to the 12 week scan still felt like an eternity. And I really didnt settle into belief until 20 week scan and having a bump x

Bless you hun. Try not to worry about the cramps and pulling I had a lot of that early on in the first few weeks I think it's quite normal as long as no bleeding.

I didnt start bloating until about 8 or 10 weeks then had some seriously gassy belly days.

It will feel like the longest ever. Just try to use distraction tactics that was the only thing that worked for me. Anything to occupy my brain for 5 minutes. It wont shake the constant feeling of holy shit I'm pregnant but I found busying my mind was the only thing that kept me sane. I had an early scan at 7/8 weeks but the gap then to the 12 week scan still felt like an eternity. And I really didnt settle into belief until 20 week scan and having a bump x

Yeah My scan is when I'm 8.5 weeks so least it's only another 3.5 week to the 12 weeker scan...

I will try find a project to keep me busy. Il prob do some more cm jewellery for my friends charity.

Thank you hunni, I am taking 1 day at a time at the mo. I'm 5 weeks today! how are you?

That’s great Alexis, hopefully the next few weeks will go quickly for you, until you get your scan xx

I’m struggling at the mo :( I’ve been alright for a long time but it’s hit me again lately. It didn’t help that today I used up my one and only pregnancy test....it was a clear blue digital which I’ve had for nearly 2 years now (I never take tests!). I only used it because it was about to expire but now I wish I’d have just chucked it because seeing ‘not pregnant’ was a hard thing to see!

I’m coming up to 3 years ttc now and I just can’t feel any positivity about it. I can’t see it happening, certainly not naturally and even with IVF. I don’t believe there is nothing wrong even though we’re classed at unexplained - if there was nothing wrong I’d have got pregnant by now. Nobody can be that unlucky! I just want to book a holiday and escape reality but I’ve only just been away so I can’t even do that! It’s just so unfair - all I have ever wanted is to be a mum. I feel quite alone with this as well as everyone else around me seems to fall pregnant so quickly.

That’s great Alexis, hopefully the next few weeks will go quickly for you, until you get your scan xx

I’m struggling at the mo :( I’ve been alright for a long time but it’s hit me again lately. It didn’t help that today I used up my one and only pregnancy test....it was a clear blue digital which I’ve had for nearly 2 years now (I never take tests!). I only used it because it was about to expire but now I wish I’d have just chucked it because seeing ‘not pregnant’ was a hard thing to see!

I’m coming up to 3 years ttc now and I just can’t feel any positivity about it. I can’t see it happening, certainly not naturally and even with IVF. I don’t believe there is nothing wrong even though we’re classed at unexplained - if there was nothing wrong I’d have got pregnant by now. Nobody can be that unlucky! I just want to book a holiday and escape reality but I’ve only just been away so I can’t even do that! It’s just so unfair - all I have ever wanted is to be a mum. I feel quite alone with this as well as everyone else around me seems to fall pregnant so quickly.

Oh hun, I’m sorry, long term ttc is horrible, we are at 2 years now, ovulation induction failed and now we are saving for ivf but like you I’m not convinced it will ever happen even when I have conceived I’ve not been able to keep it so I’m scared it won’t work or I’ll lose them.

I wish I could say something to comfort you. X

Oh hun, I’m sorry, long term ttc is horrible, we are at 2 years now, ovulation induction failed and now we are saving for ivf but like you I’m not convinced it will ever happen even when I have conceived I’ve not been able to keep it so I’m scared it won’t work or I’ll lose them.

I wish I could say something to comfort you. X

Thank you. I’ve been avoiding these forums for a while now other than to check in on how you are all doing and I’ve been avoiding thinking about ttc too much in general, but actually, writing it down and reading some of the blogs on here has helped comfort me a little bit. :) I’m due on tomorrow, so my emotions are never calm at this stage anyway lol but I’m definitely feeling it worse than I have done for a long time.

Sorry you’re having such a struggle too... hopefully by the time you’ve saved, you’re little miracle will have happened and you can spend the money on something nice - see I can say it to other people easily, but not myself :roll: :lol:

Thank you. I’ve been avoiding these forums for a while now other than to check in on how you are all doing and I’ve been avoiding thinking about ttc too much in general, but actually, writing it down and reading some of the blogs on here has helped comfort me a little bit. :) I’m due on tomorrow, so my emotions are never calm at this stage anyway lol but I’m definitely feeling it worse than I have done for a long time.

Sorry you’re having such a struggle too... hopefully by the time you’ve saved, you’re little miracle will have happened and you can spend the money on something nice - see I can say it to other people easily, but not myself :roll: :lol:

Oh bless you! That is so sweet!

Yes I’m thinking of maybe starting a journal or blog or something to help me process but honestly when I had a ttc journal on here it made me more obsessed.

I’m also starting an exercise routine as I’ve ripped 3 pairs of trousers in two weeks! Clearly I’ve got more junk in the trunk nowadays even though the scales don’t say I’m any heavier. Hoping that if I give myself some other goals to focus on that will help. X

Yeah I started one, but felt the same - it made me think of it all too much, so I haven’t updated in months!

Good luck with your exercise routine :) I’ve started up again in the last 3 weeks and so far so good, but I have started off slow, just doing 15-20 mins a day but from previous attempts, I know starting off doing too much won’t work! I’ve been doing it as soon as I’ve woken up as well - In the past, attempting to exercise after a days work just doesn’t happen! Also, as it’s been nicer weather, I’ve been trying to walk instead of taking the car as much as I can - I always feel like that’s a nice sort of exercise!

Definitely having something else to focus on does help - outside of ttc, I’ve been really busy lately and I think that’s why I’ve not been upset about ttc for so long! Xx

Unexplained and long term ttc is awful isn’t it. I do hope we all get out of this nightmare one day.

We are classed as unexplained as well and I’ve been wishing they could just find something wrong with me for years now and then fix it so we could get pregnant and move on!!

Been finding the last few days really rough as later this month it will be 2 years since we miscarried and we’re still not pregnant..

Hey guys, hope you are all well.

Just had to pop in to say a massive congratulations to @Alexis2017
What utterly brilliant news and getting to 5 weeks is fabulous. Each day feels like an eternity I'm sure, but try to relax as much as you can until your scan. I'm so excited for you. Xxz

If it can happen for me after 2.5 years and 1 mc after ivf it can happen for anyone. We're unexplained too and all our tests were coming back as excellent results... Only thing I had was low AMH and I still made 3 top grade embryos. I would def recommend trying ivf, I know it's easy for me to say as I got free treatment but I would have paid if I needed too. I know a few ppl and freidbs of friends who tried for years and ivf was successful after a few tries. Keep your chin up and if you have questions about ivf and the process I can help! 0x

Hey guys, hope you are all well.

Just had to pop in to say a massive congratulations to @Alexis2017
What utterly brilliant news and getting to 5 weeks is fabulous. Each day feels like an eternity I'm sure, but try to relax as much as you can until your scan. I'm so excited for you. Xxz

Thanks @_GG_ I am 6 weeks and 2 days today! Still hasn't sunk in. Xx

@Sunflower1 Thank you hunni. How are you?

Took me and my partner about 8 months of really trying after a couple of months casually trying lol. We are both 30.

I had a very stressful job and my doctor advised me that wouldn’t be helping our situation. So I handed my notice in, left and conceived that month!

I used the Flo app which was great for logging my periods and symptoms, turns out my cycle would vary by 10 days or so which I wasn’t aware of before! I had lots of months where I was convinced I was pregnant and getting symptoms, and dozens of negative pregnancy tests. I also have friends and family who have struggled and was worried as when I was younger I had a severe illness and my periods stopped completely for a while.

It’s a time that does make you worry, but for me not being stressed was the key! Keep trying, I hope your time comes soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back