Long termers 6 months or more

Took me and my partner about 8 months of really trying after a couple of months casually trying lol. We are both 30.

I had a very stressful job and my doctor advised me that wouldn’t be helping our situation. So I handed my notice in, left and conceived that month!

I used the Flo app which was great for logging my periods and symptoms, turns out my cycle would vary by 10 days or so which I wasn’t aware of before! I had lots of months where I was convinced I was pregnant and getting symptoms, and dozens of negative pregnancy tests. I also have friends and family who have struggled and was worried as when I was younger I had a severe illness and my periods stopped completely for a while.

It’s a time that does make you worry, but for me not being stressed was the key! Keep trying, I hope your time comes soon xx

Thank you. It’s funny cos when I’d been trying for 8 months it felt like the longest time, but now it’s been nearly 3 years I realise 8 months is nothing and a normal amount of time for ttc. I’m glad it didn’t take you long though and that removing stress for you worked.

Unfortunately, as much as I agree that all these things do help, I think it will take more than not stressing out for me - 3 years can’t just be solely down to bad luck - I think unexplained is there way of saying that they don’t know! And to make it more frustrating for me, I don’t have a lot of stress in my life (obviously good I know) and I generally eat well and am fairly active - I don’t smoke or drink or even have caffeine....I’m pretty much Ned Flanders, yet still can’t get pregnant doing all the ‘right’ things!

Thank you. It’s funny cos when I’d been trying for 8 months it felt like the longest time, but now it’s been nearly 3 years I realise 8 months is nothing and a normal amount of time for ttc. I’m glad it didn’t take you long though and that removing stress for you worked.

Unfortunately, as much as I agree that all these things do help, I think it will take more than not stressing out for me - 3 years can’t just be solely down to bad luck - I think unexplained is there way of saying that they don’t know! And to make it more frustrating for me, I don’t have a lot of stress in my life (obviously good I know) and I generally eat well and am fairly active - I don’t smoke or drink or even have caffeine....I’m pretty much Ned Flanders, yet still can’t get pregnant doing all the ‘right’ things!

I agree with the stress thing. I get annoyed when ppl say just relax etc.... It took us 2.5 years, plus 2 ivf attempts including a early loss to get pregnant and none of that was relaxing but It worked... For me it was unexplained too.

I hope it happens soon for you hunni! X

I hate it too @Peony1. I feel like when people say that they are saying it’s my fault for wanting it so bad?

I do have a stressful job. I’m a manager in a law firm so it can be very high pressured.

It has to be our turn soon right?

Thanks both.

I’ve posted about this in long term ttc, but I’ve just had a call from the clinic to say my day 2 blood test results have come back too high for nhs funding. They came back 9.2 and the cut off is 8.9. I’m devastated. In 2017 they were 7.6. I get to have another blood test before my appointment but now I’ve got to spend a whole month worrying about this.

Just checking in ladies. It's my due date tomorrow and got me thinking of the whole journey and how I really thought we might never get here.

It makes me so happy to see other long termers finally getting some good news and my heart goes out to all of you still trying but I hope that the rest of us can continue to bring support and hope that it really can happen when you least expect it and against all the odds.

Sending love to you all x

Just checking in ladies. It's my due date tomorrow and got me thinking of the whole journey and how I really thought we might never get here.

It makes me so happy to see other long termers finally getting some good news and my heart goes out to all of you still trying but I hope that the rest of us can continue to bring support and hope that it really can happen when you least expect it and against all the odds.

That's amazing, you are almost there. I'm so happy for you. Let us know when baby comes!
I am only 8 wks plus 4 today and just still anxious that I will make it to my 12 week scan. It's going so very slow.

That's amazing, you are almost there. I'm so happy for you. Let us know when baby comes!
I am only 8 wks plus 4 today and just still anxious that I will make it to my 12 week scan. It's going so very slow.

I remember it so well @Alexis2017 the first 12 were like torture. I promise it gets easier after that....I didnt relax and really 'believe' until 20 weeks but I did feel much better for getting past the 12 week mark. Just keep busy but ensure you resting up when u need to. I was exhausted 12-16 weeks ish and had many an early night.

@Nikkibiscuit you are such a sweetheart for coming back on to post that. Excited for you, keep us posted on your beautiful baby xx

Ah you're nearly there! It doesn't even seem possible it's come round so quickly! I'm still stalking you for updates especially as you're still team yellow. I'm glad we kept it a surprise til the end!

Thanks all I shall update you when I have news.

Long story Short I'm going in to be induced on Thursday so hopefully will have Bubba here before the week is out! Xx

Rory Arthur born 3/8/19 8lb10oz

Proof that were there is life there is hope. I thought about you all a lot while in labour and towards the end of pregnancy counting my blessings. Pregnancy may be hard work but it is a walk in the park compared to LTTTC.

Sending love and baby dust to you all x

Screenshot_20190805-000204_Gallery.jpg

Proof that were there is life there is hope. I thought about you all a lot while in labour and towards the end of pregnancy counting my blessings. Pregnancy may be hard work but it is a walk in the park compared to LTTTC.

View attachment 86901
How gorgeous is Rory.
Massive congrats to you x

View attachment 86901

Ahhh. Huge congratulations to you! For some reason I thought you were having a boy! I read in your other post that you had a bit of a rough labour. Hope you are recovering well. Enjoy every moment with Rory. Time really does pass far too quickly!

View attachment 86901

Hes loverly. I was a 18 monther as well.. sorta, caught month 19! X

View attachment 86901

Awwwww he is adorable. Huge congratulations glad mummy and baby are well x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back