Long termers 6 months or more

one last question guys - so as above dh's scan was normal. its noted as normal, but unexpected.. whatever that means!!!
he has mild varicocele on left side. it is not noted as bad tho and still normal. is mild varicocele 'ok'? ive read it basically means the balls get too hot and cause problems with sperm because of that alone? so now considering actually icing them :p Does icing your balls improve fertility? | Testicular Cooling | Male Fertility
I also wanted to make a post as potentially he is reacting badly to the d-aspartic acid supplement. testing to see if thats a fact today. it needs to be a testosterone boosting supplement. any suggestions if we need to buy a new one?

Hi all

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. So pleased @Alexis2017 that you have a date for your next transfer. Keep the faith as best as you can....IVF often doesnt work first time but the success rates overall are pretty good now....I know that probably doesn't help but there is still much hope even if it may not feel that way.

@SugaryIris I hope the BD went well....everything crossed for you. Jump on it!

Bump and I are doing well. 26 weeks so it seems to be speeding up now although if we have a hot summer I'm sure it will slow at the end!

Sending much love to you all xx

That's amazing news hun. Glad you and bump are keeping well. Yeah 11 days till we start FET. We're away up to the Highlands for 2 nights for hubby's bday so it's good to get away. I really hope this will work this time as we're going to use both the embryos and if 1 doesn't stick we need to start round 2 from start again.

My scan just got cancelled .. for no legit reason .. according to drs they just decided they didnt want to do it & cancelled it. Absolutely useless. Means we have nothing test wise till end June / July when my scan will now be. Such a long wait & such a postcode lottery. This is why i cant trust nhs to supply us ivf easily/smoothly. Not a happy bunny :(

one last question guys - so as above dh's scan was normal. its noted as normal, but unexpected.. whatever that means!!!
he has mild varicocele on left side. it is not noted as bad tho and still normal. is mild varicocele 'ok'? ive read it basically means the balls get too hot and cause problems with sperm because of that alone? so now considering actually icing them :p Does icing your balls improve fertility? | Testicular Cooling | Male Fertility
I also wanted to make a post as potentially he is reacting badly to the d-aspartic acid supplement. testing to see if thats a fact today. it needs to be a testosterone boosting supplement. any suggestions if we need to buy a new one?
Sorry to thread hop but have you considered getting his levels up naturally?
It's not that hard for men really...
Lifting weights and adjusting his diet a bit will help loads!x

That's amazing news hun. Glad you and bump are keeping well. Yeah 11 days till we start FET. We're away up to the Highlands for 2 nights for hubby's bday so it's good to get away. I really hope this will work this time as we're going to use both the embryos and if 1 doesn't stick we need to start round 2 from start again.

Have a lovely break hun. Hope u can relax and enjoy it. Maybe twins is your destiny.. .who knows?! Never say never.

Xxx

Sorry to thread hop but have you considered getting his levels up naturally?
It's not that hard for men really...
Lifting weights and adjusting his diet a bit will help loads!x
yeh we have been doing some of these, just you cant ever know if its doing anything without a blood test :) i liked the idea of adding a purposly for Testosterone supplement but looks like it might not agree with him - testing that tho at the moment -

Anyone still floating about here..?

I think more newbies have joined? Sad to see anyone join the long termers thread but It's a lovely supportive one if nothing else

Hope everyone is doing good

Al x

Anyone still floating about here..?

I think more newbies have joined? Sad to see anyone join the long termers thread but It's a lovely supportive one if nothing else

Hope everyone is doing good

Al x

I’m till hanging around here with two years looming and two rounds of ovulation induction down, one to go before we decide if we do this for another 3 months or move on to ivf.

I’m not on the testing threads anymore though, I’ve given up on that.

Hope you’re good and looking forward to your FET x

Still here, but hardly logging in anymore cos it’s like I’m putting my head in the sand trying to forget that I’m still ttc! Hope you’re all doing well. I’m on day 29 today waiting for af to show. I know it will cos I’ve been spotting so no hope there for me. Still keep logging in occasionally hoping there might be someone with some good news! X

Still here also .. another bfn my 38th cycle ttc some days it’s really really hard....

J x

I am also here :(
2DPO on my 11th cycle.
I know i haven't been here as long as some of you but will this nightmare ever turn into a dream? x

i had a fairly serious convo with hubby yday as i was and still am feeling really down/depressed.
i was talking about time, how longs taking why it wont happen based on time etc.. he said before we didnt think there was any issues with him at all and we didnt focus on him but now we are and we are doing stuff (supplements, icing) that we never did before so it will likely work soon... do you think thats at all true?

Last edited:
Hey ladies, may I join this group? Once AF comes in a few days I’ll be at the six month mark.

Hey ladies, may I join this group? Once AF comes in a few days I’ll be at the six month mark.

Of course you can although I’m sorry you are, don’t lose hope yet, we have had girls trying on this thread for over a year and still catch naturally it just takes some a little longer x

Of course you can although I’m sorry you are, don’t lose hope yet, we have had girls trying on this thread for over a year and still catch naturally it just takes some a little longer x

Thanks :) I’m fantastically impatient, haha. I’ll be paying out for a fertility MOT this month I think. I’m convinced there’s something wrong with either D or I.

Just wanted to drop in and say I'm thinking of you all. LTTTC is a miserable place to be.

Echoing what SugaryIris said, we were one of those who fell naturally afoter a ong time trying (3 years) so it can and does happen. You just have to try and keep the faith as hard as that may be.

i had a fairly serious convo with hubby yday as i was and still am feeling really down/depressed.
i was talking about time, how longs taking why it wont happen based on time etc.. he said before we didnt think there was any issues with him at all and we didnt focus on him but now we are and we are doing stuff (supplements, icing) that we never did before so it will likely work soon... do you think thats at all true?

We didn't expect issues with my OH either. It was motility in our case. He did some general lifestyle improvements (diet, exercise, multivitamins etc) and his subsequent tests were normal. It's hard to say if it helped or not as the original sample might have just been a dud. Also, I had issues as well so we can never be sure what was actually stopping us. We caught naturally within a year of him being 'normal' and within 6 months of me being 'normal' after trying for 3 years in total. I'm not sure if that helps at all?

We didn't expect issues with my OH either. It was motility in our case. He did some general lifestyle improvements (diet, exercise, multivitamins etc) and his subsequent tests were normal. It's hard to say if it helped or not as the original sample might have just been a dud. Also, I had issues as well so we can never be sure what was actually stopping us. We caught naturally within a year of him being 'normal' and within 6 months of me being 'normal' after trying for 3 years in total. I'm not sure if that helps at all?

I know you mentioned you changed his lifestyle somewhat but was it a case of b4 he didnt take multivits and then he started to or what did you specifically add?
you do give me some hope tho. Im seriously considering a tattoo. Im torn i wanna remember this pain this awfulness and look back but to brand myself and then it never work might send me more crazy :/

I know you mentioned you changed his lifestyle somewhat but was it a case of b4 he didnt take multivits and then he started to or what did you specifically add?
you do give me some hope tho. Im seriously considering a tattoo. Im torn i wanna remember this pain this awfulness and look back but to brand myself and then it never work might send me more crazy :/

After the bad result, we cooked most meals from scratch and cut back on junk food. He made a conscious effort to exercise more as he drives to work and has a desk job. He started to take conception vitamins. We also added omega 3 (he rarely eats fish) and coq10. The month we actually caught we ditched all the supplements though so I have no idea if they actually helped or not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back