Long termers 6 months or more

So I had my appointment at the clinic today, they can’t reduce my clomid anymore so they are scrapping altogether and didn’t want to do letrozole for the same reason.

So now I have to inject my with a fillotropin alfa called Gonal-f. Apparently it’s a lot more controllable than clomid so hopefully I won’t overstimulate this time but it means a lot more scans.

I can’t seem to find much about it, has anyone tried it?

Hi everyone! We are into our third year of fertility treatment, I think it’s our 9th medicated cycle. We have had three failed IUI’s. We then had our first IVF last May but none of the eggs made it to blastocysts. We did a fresh embryo transfer in September and we got pregnant with twins but unfortunately miscarried in December. I have a frozen embryo transfer today so fingers crossed everything goes okay this time round.

Wow, that's one hell of a journey you've been on Mubre - sending you loads of baby dust for your obviously much deserved miracle xx

Thank you hun, no disrespect to anyone that is going through IVF but i just really hope i don't get close to this point. I am praying we go for tests and everything is absolutely fine and i just fall naturally, after all i am only starting cycle 10 so i do technically have another 8 cycles to go if we are going by statistics. xx

Sending big hugs to you Sugary, i really hope your next round of clomid works for you xx

Yeah I felt the same.. . I kept thinking it would happen as no reason for it not too as regular periods and positive ovulation everh month but it just never happened and before I knew it I've had 1 round of ivf and a miscariage. 1 in 7 ppl have infertility which is quite high. 1 in 4 pregnancies end in misscariage .. It has to happen to someone and unfortunately I have had both now. I really hope you don't end up down this road cos seriously whatever you feel now multiple it by 10000 and that's how I feel. I've been here since 2017 I did every testing thread for 2 years and saw everyone come and go and new ppl join and I'm. Still here trying. You shoukd try not to get so down so early on but also have perspective. Most ppp take around 1 year to get pregnant.and some ppl who try for over 2 years like me don't seek ivf and still fal pregnant eventually a d some don't..

I don't really have an actual point other than I never thought it would be me. . But it is and I still have no answers as to why.

So I had my appointment at the clinic today, they can’t reduce my clomid anymore so they are scrapping altogether and didn’t want to do letrozole for the same reason.

So now I have to inject my with a fillotropin alfa called Gonal-f. Apparently it’s a lot more controllable than clomid so hopefully I won’t overstimulate this time but it means a lot more scans.

I can’t seem to find much about it, has anyone tried it?

I used gonal F for ivf and another LH drug .. I used 300iu x 2 for first 3 days then 375iu every day for another 12 days

It really is awful moving to long term ttc.

I do hope that you beat the doctor and get a bfp.

I had a cry this morning, I never saw myself facing 2 years ttc and being a woman who suffers recurrent miscarriage.
Exactly what I said. We bought a 3 bed house and assumed we woukd have a family like everyone else does

I still sometimes can't believe I am here

Exactly what I said. We bought a 3 bed house and assumed we woukd have a family like everyone else does

I still sometimes can't believe I am here

I know what you mean, we bought a new house two and we’ve got an empty spare room that I never decorated or did anything with because I thought we’d be using it as a nursery soon...

I used gonal F for ivf and another LH drug .. I used 300iu x 2 for first 3 days then 375iu every day for another 12 days

I’m only on 25 per day because of my overstimulation on the clomid, this isn’t for ivf so we are just hoping for one good follicle I’ll be scanned every two days from cd7 to keep an eye and then they can change the dose as necessary.

I really hope this works as i feel like it’s our last option before ivf. My hubby seems to think it’s a good thing I reacted so well to the clomid... but I’m like not really if it means they can’t use ovulation induction to get a single egg and we have to move on to ivf!

I’m only on 25 per day because of my overstimulation on the clomid, this isn’t for ivf so we are just hoping for one good follicle I’ll be scanned every two days from cd7 to keep an eye and then they can change the dose as necessary.

I really hope this works as i feel like it’s our last option before ivf. My hubby seems to think it’s a good thing I reacted so well to the clomid... but I’m like not really if it means they can’t use ovulation induction to get a single egg and we have to move on to ivf!

I hope it works for you, I didn't have any other option as I ovulate on my own and have regular periods so they told us no other option but ivf. It just seems so extreme when you don't have anything they can find they Coukd do more detailed tests in my opinion such as genetic and immunology testing before ivf but hey that's nhs for you.

Yeah we decorated 1 spare room and the other one is lying empty. When I got my BFP last month I already started planning what I was going to do in my head for the nursery. Its so hard

I hope it works for you, I didn't have any other option as I ovulate on my own and have regular periods so they told us no other option but ivf. It just seems so extreme when you don't have anything they can find they Coukd do more detailed tests in my opinion such as genetic and immunology testing before ivf but hey that's nhs for you.

Yeah we decorated 1 spare room and the other one is lying empty. When I got my BFP last month I already started planning what I was going to do in my head for the nursery. Its so hard

Alex you are not the only one! i already know exactly how the nursery is going. im super weird about anything going in that bedroom - the dogs everything and to my husband its stupid, im like i know its not being used but NOOO!
Do you have Low AMH? it says in your sig you do? did that end up affecting the amount of eggs you made when doing ivf?

Thanks Hun, I’m just feeling really apprehensive at the moment, my body seems to just change its mind every month what it’s doing, sometimes I ovulate, sometimes I don’t, sometimes my cycle can be 30-32 days sometimes it can be 67!

My pcos has given me acne and excess hair on my lip so now I have to wax and it’s made losing weight impossible. Luckily I’m normal weight anyway but I have to be so careful not to even look at sugar!

I just want it all to be over so I can go back on to birth control and I can start feeling me again.

Sugaryiris I was on gonal-f for two of our IUIs. I started off on just 50, and it was gradually increased each cycle so by our second IUI I took 162.5/112.5 on alternate days. It’s very easy to take, it’s a twist pen-similar to an epipen. My follicles didn’t seem to be responding to it, I was sill only getting one follicle and they were hoping for two/three, so I changed to Menopur for our third IUI.

Sugaryiris I was on gonal-f for two of our IUIs. I started off on just 50, and it was gradually increased each cycle so by our second IUI I took 162.5/112.5 on alternate days. It’s very easy to take, it’s a twist pen-similar to an epipen. My follicles didn’t seem to be responding to it, I was sill only getting one follicle and they were hoping for two/three, so I changed to Menopur for our third IUI.

Thanks Hun
I have pcos and 50mg gave me 6 follicles! Apparently I’m really sensitive which is why they are starting the dose so low. I’m only hoping for one follicle.

Starting to cramp and got sore boobs this morning cd26 so hopefully af is on the way so I can move on to my next cycle Having this cycle where we haven’t dtd has made me realise how many ‘symptoms’ really are just pms. Definitely won’t be symptom spotting again!

Doctors appointment update for you ladies:
I said it was 14 months that we had been trying for and she asked a number of questions and has sent me for blood tests and once I get my results from them my OH has to call and make an appointment so he can go for sperm analysis.
I went straight to my local hospital after the appointment (after i bottled up the courage, i hate needles) to get my bloods done straight away, the nurse couldn't get any blood from me, she was trying for ages and prodded me a couple of times but just couldn't get any so has asked me to go back tomorrow morning. She said to drink 3 cups of water before i go so i will do this tomorrow because i don't fancy having to go back again to try for the 3rd time. xx

Starting to cramp and got sore boobs this morning cd26 so hopefully af is on the way so I can move on to my next cycle Having this cycle where we haven’t dtd has made me realise how many ‘symptoms’ really are just pms. Definitely won’t be symptom spotting again!

do you have any examples sugar? what are normal pms symptoms? because, i just dont remember ever having any real issues before apart from cramps before period -

do you have any examples sugar? what are normal pms symptoms? because, i just dont remember ever having any real issues before apart from cramps before period -

Some cramps, backache, larger tender breasts and tiredness. Just about everything I think is an early symptom!

Some cramps, backache, larger tender breasts and tiredness. Just about everything I think is an early symptom!

Haha yehhh!
I dont tend to get many symptoms i just get 'wet' feeling before af & cramps before af as well. Temps might start coming down as well but that depends.
Im kinda lucky in that i really never get tender boobs or backache either!
I agree with you tho, there times where ive gone to bed& felt sick & been like if this was 2ww we know what i would be thinking.. its just annoying

Alex you are not the only one! i already know exactly how the nursery is going. im super weird about anything going in that bedroom - the dogs everything and to my husband its stupid, im like i know its not being used but NOOO!
Do you have Low AMH? it says in your sig you do? did that end up affecting the amount of eggs you made when doing ivf?

No we got 3 top grade embryos and my friend has amh of 25 and she only got 4 so I think I did well for amh 3.7 !

I just forked out for that ovusense fertility monitor. It was expensive but hey I'm desperate now.

Anyone else used it?

I just forked out for that ovusense fertility monitor. It was expensive but hey I'm desperate now.

Anyone else used it?

I haven’t, I bought the clear blue fertility monitor and then read the instructions and it said it didn’t work for ladies with pcos so I gave up on monitors. Hope it works for you though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back