Long termers 6 months or more

Called the fertility clinic today and they had a cancellation so I can get an appointment on Monday so go through the treatment (clomid) and get meds etc.

I know I have to start taking clomid on cd2 so I really hope af stays away until next week so we can start treatment this cycle!

Very excited but nervous!

Unfortunately ended up in me and dh arguing because they told him he needs to come to the appointment and he’s busy at work. It’s not my fault! You just take the appointments you are given!

Called the fertility clinic today and they had a cancellation so I can get an appointment on Monday so go through the treatment (clomid) and get meds etc.

I know I have to start taking clomid on cd2 so I really hope af stays away until next week so we can start treatment this cycle!

Very excited but nervous!

Unfortunately ended up in me and dh arguing because they told him he needs to come to the appointment and he’s busy at work. It’s not my fault! You just take the appointments you are given!

Good luck! X

@SugaryIris good luck at your appointment hunny. My OH gets very grumpy about it sometimes too. I think it’s his way of dealing with it, he’s always very calm and supportive when it’s me having procedures but when he needs to get involved I need to treat him with kid gloves. The male ego! Life would be easier if blokes could just have a good cry the way we do!

Xx

Thank you ladies, waiting anxiously this morning.

Af arrived yesterday so cd2 today and I’m supposed to start clomid on cd2, I hope I can start today rather than waiting until next month!

Thank you ladies, waiting anxiously this morning.

Af arrived yesterday so cd2 today and I’m supposed to start clomid on cd2, I hope I can start today rather than waiting until next month!
I hope you can get your meds at your appointment today Hun.
Keep us updated <3 x

Thanks Hun, got my meds today and as I was cd2 I could start them today! I’ve got my scan next week to see how my follicles have reacted

Just clomid at the moment not ivf, with my pcos I don’t ovulate every month x
Ah sorry I picked that up wrong.

My friend had ivf for her 1st with pcos and then clomid worked for her 2nd baby on 3rd cycle. Wishing you luck x x

Really bad cramps today. So sick of ttc.

Oh Hun I’m sorry, last week on cd1 I just sat on the sofa crying with a hot water bottle my cramps were so bad I could barely walk! I’ve never had them so bad.

It will pass soon hang in there and treat yourself to a nice warm bubble bath or something xx

@Alexis2017 not until the end of the year, probably about October/November time...my area is 3 years trying before you can get nhs ivf. I fully expect to have to go through ivf now and I don’t expect it to happen naturally but it still sucks getting af. I am so so pleased for you though alexis and was even telling my husband about your news this morning! Every time a long termer gets a bfp it gives me hope!

@SugaryIris its so crappy isn’t it. Not only are we down about getting af, we have to put up with intense pains too! I’ve forced myself to go for a walk which I didn’t feel like doing and it has helped along with the paracetamol. At least I’ve come on today...last month I had a couple of days of cramping before af. I wasn’t expecting af until Monday (I use opk strips but didn’t get a really dark line this month so had to take a guess as I must have missed my surge) so didn’t think it would arrive today. The bubble bath sounds like a good idea though :) I have treated myself to some chocolate too! If you can’t have chocolate on a day like today, when can you?!!

On a positive note, I am proud of myself that I am handling the arrival of af so much better than I was say a year ago! It’s like recently I’ve come to accept that af is going to show, so I think that takes away the shock of it and therefore I’m a lot less upset about it. Don’t get me wrong, the sadness always lingers as well as the jealously of seeing all my friends getting pregnant so easily, but the intense sadness that I used to feel every month isn’t as strong anymore. I don’t think I’d ever be able to give up on the idea of having children no matter how that happens, but I’m glad I’m dealing with this part better than I was. I don’t think I could have carried on the way I was last year!

It’s weird though...even though I’m 2 and a half years in of trying, it feels a bit surreal...like it’s not actually happening to me. I don’t feel like I ‘suffer from infertility’ yet at the same time don’t expect to get pregnant anymore. I sometimes wonder if I’ve been accidentally taking the pill without realising it as it’s hard for me to understand why else it wouldn’t be happening :lol:

@Peony1 That is so sweet , thank you. I'm still scared to let it be. Our clinic was 2 years trying but I knew it was over 1 year from 1st appt so we told a white lie to gp after 1 year of trying and got refered so the time we started treatment we had been trying 2.5 years and in the mean time we kept trying . Could you do that as I suspect you will have a wait as long after you have been refered as they put you through lots of testing before you start then you go on a waiting list.

I'm still worried that this can change at any moment and I'm right back trapped in the nightmare loop. It's the worst fear ever. I just want to get to my 7 week scan and see a heart beat and I will fele better But that's about 3-4 weeks away.

Well I think my BFP was short lived. Had some browny red spotting this morning and my test line still not any darker on the clear blue.

Husband has went to buy me a FRER to see if it goes negative. Phoned the clinic but just got a answer machine. Left a message.. Hoping the call back soon

Well I think my BFP was short lived. Had some browny red spotting this morning and my test line still not any darker on the clear blue.

Husband has went to buy me a FRER to see if it goes negative. Phoned the clinic but just got a answer machine. Left a message.. Hoping the call back soon

Don’t worry too much about the test lines, a line is a line and it’s very early days. Spotting in early pregnancy is normal too.

I have everything crossed for you this XX

At the clinic for bloods. My FRER test is almost negative now barely see the line. Digital test says preg but that with the rest brown bleeding suggests I'm loosing the pregnancy

I guess the bloods will confirm it

Looks like I am back on the ttc game , was foolish to think I would have a baby . ever Heart broken

At the clinic for bloods. My FRER test is almost negative now barely see the line. Digital test says preg but that with the rest brown bleeding suggests I'm loosing the pregnancy

I guess the bloods will confirm it

Looks like I am back on the ttc game , was foolish to think I would have a baby . ever Heart broken

I’m so so sorry. My heart is breaking for you. If you need anything, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back