Long termers 6 months or more

Thanks for checking in Hun.

Our appointment went really well. Because I’ve had the chemicals the doctor isn’t overly worried about me not conceiving again, so we are going to do 6 months of chlomid to make it so I ovulate more regularly instead of just every 4-5th cycle and also make my cycles more regular.

She was a bit concerned that there maybe a reason for the multiple cps so I’ve been referred back to the gp for a few more blood tests to check the thyroid and she wants me to start taking Inofolic as well before we start treatment.

I’m feeling optimistic I’ll catch again but a little apprehensive that they won’t stick.

That's positive news Iris hopefully they can find a reason or at least the things they are doing will help a bean to stick. At least if you can get sperm and egg meeting that's a positive start! Xx

Moving into month 20... Had a bfn this morning and now started spotting so af is definitely on her way.

Feeling completely exhausted, this week alone has been an emotional roller coaster with the fertility appointment, testing, af, pms and just thinking about how long we’ve been at this.

Sorry to put a downer on you all on this hump day just feeling a bit rubbish.

Moving into month 20... Had a bfn this morning and now started spotting so af is definitely on her way.

Feeling completely exhausted, this week alone has been an emotional roller coaster with the fertility appointment, testing, af, pms and just thinking about how long we’ve been at this.

Aw iris you never have to say sorry. We all have those downer days. I finally caught in month 19 so you are not far behind me...please try to keep a hold of that little grain of hope. Mine had disappeared to barely a grain of sand and I became resigned to IVF and a long road.....miracles can happen and it's usually the case that they do when we least expect it.

Sending hugs and radox your way. A radox bath is my answer to everything....whether to de-stress or just to lie there and sob....if that's what's needed then hey that's what we shall do x

Aw iris you never have to say sorry. We all have those downer days. I finally caught in month 19 so you are not far behind me...please try to keep a hold of that little grain of hope. Mine had disappeared to barely a grain of sand and I became resigned to IVF and a long road.....miracles can happen and it's usually the case that they do when we least expect it.

Sending hugs and radox your way. A radox bath is my answer to everything....whether to de-stress or just to lie there and sob....if that's what's needed then hey that's what we shall do x

Thanks Hun, it’s very strange I go from optimistic to really negative so quickly but I think my hormones aren’t helping as af is on the way.

Been helping a friend tonight as her bf left her and they’ve just bought a house. Its easy to forget how lucky I am, with my supportive and loving husband etc.

Now I’ve woken up with a stinking cold, not a happy bunny!

My Inofolic is arriving today though so excited to give it a try.

Yeah I hear ya. JAN 2017 we officially started ttc and here I am in Feb 2019 on my 1st try on IVF. I feel all bloated and my skin is disgusting. I have put on 1.5 stone since the summer comfort eating.

I started my down reg injection on 4th and waiting of a bleed so I can start my Stims daily injections. Back at clinic 18th for a scan and hormonal levels to see where I am at. This while thing doesn't seem real. I don'took or feel anything like the person I was 25 months ago.

When do you start your ivf ? I am one of the last ppl left ttc from when I joined the forum.

Yeah I hear ya. JAN 2017 we officially started ttc and here I am in Feb 2019 on my 1st try on IVF. I feel all bloated and my skin is disgusting. I have put on 1.5 stone since the summer comfort eating.

I started my down reg injection on 4th and waiting of a bleed so I can start my Stims daily injections. Back at clinic 18th for a scan and hormonal levels to see where I am at. This while thing doesn't seem real. I don'took or feel anything like the person I was 25 months ago.

When do you start your ivf ? I am one of the last ppl left ttc from when I joined the forum.

I don’t ovulate every month but I have had 3 chemicals so when do I ovulate I obviously have a good chance of catching so we are going to try 6 months of clomid before we think about ivf.

The doctor was more concerned about the chemicals, they could be due to the insulin resistance from my pcos so I’ve got some supplements to help with that but she wanted to rule out everything else so I’ve got some more blood tests tomorrow before we start.

I know what you mean, I’ve seen people fall pregnant with their first on this forum, have a baby then come back and fall with their second! Seems like I’m stuck in this loop forever on my own.

So exciting that you’ve started and have something to focus on, my sister had ivf 3 times, the number of eggs and quality she got the first time was pretty rubbish so she drank protein shakes the second time and made a massive difference.

I’m sure you’ll be doing lots of ivf diets etc but thought I’d drop it in in case you haven’t heard of that one xx

Can I join this thread ladies?

My boyfriend and I fell pregnant accidentally 14 months ago. I don’t know how we didn’t see it coming to be honest tho...I can’t use any contraception and we slowly started stopping condoms. It ended in a MC at 6 weeks. So after I recovered we actively started trying again..it only took us 3 months and we experienced a MMC.
3rd time round we have been trying for 6 months which no success but the over all time frame of 12+ is really upsetting.
Of course I don’t like to hear people struggling but it’s helpful to hear people in the same boat. I’m 28 and constantly see pregnancy annocemenys on social media and it’s killing me...I’ve had to come off most of it

Alexis good to hear how you are doing....and that you are underway with IVF. I hope the process is not too painful or stressful (at least anymore than expected) I still think of you often and am quietly rooting for you. You deserve this so much xx

I don’t qualify for ivf until it’s been 3 years and in a way I’m glad as it’s giving me time to get my head round it. I fully expect to have to have ivf now and not fall naturally. But in another way, I wish I had ivf now so I could feel like I’m actually making progress. At the minute I constantly feel like I’m in Groundhog Day. But then again, I’m so scared of ivf not working. It’s a battle with your mind all the time.
It’s weird to think I was 30 when I started ttc and now I’m coming up to 33! It’s sometimes hard to believe we’ve been ttc for so long.
Hope it’s your time now alexis xx

Hi everyone, I am going to be joining you all again soon, a scan tonight showed a missed miscarriage

Hi everyone, I am going to be joining you all again soon, a scan tonight showed a missed miscarriage
I'm so sorry pink....so incredibly sad. I hope in time you have some solace in the fact that a MMC means at least sperm and egg are meeting and this one just wasn't the one to be. Sending hugs your way xx

Update - I am being referred to the reoccurent miscarriage clinic which means they will also do chromosome testing when I physically miscarry, has anyone else been referred? I'm not sure quite what to expect, I believe that there is no real issue/cause and it will be unexplained but maybe I will be wrong x

Update - I am being referred to the reoccurent miscarriage clinic which means they will also do chromosome testing when I physically miscarry, has anyone else been referred? I'm not sure quite what to expect, I believe that there is no real issue/cause and it will be unexplained but maybe I will be wrong x

My clinic have recommended I go to a recurrent miscarriage clinic before I start my clomid because I’ve had 3 very early losses. I’m still trying to weigh it up, with the pcos I know they are common so maybe it’s just that and I’ve got to wait for a sticky. I just don’t know.

I hope you do get some answers xx

Hope you are all keeping well ladies. Just checking in to see how you doing.

@pink79 @SugaryIris I hope the referral brings some answers for you both. I cang begin to imagine the pain fo one miscarriage let alone recurring ones. I hope you have some solace in the knowledge that you can get pregnant and just need some help to find a way to stay pregnant x

Just popping by to say hello

Sorry for your loss Sugar, You must be so heart broken. Thinking of you

Nikkk hope you and bump and keeping well!

I'm 4 weeks in to my 1st cycle of Ivf. It's been tough but almost at the end. I was worried I wouldn't respond to the Injections due to my low amh but my scan on Friday and today confirmed I will make it to egg retrieval this week as I have about 6 follicles ready and some more still growing.SSo my body for once hasn't let me down.. .in shock!! so currently on day 13 of stims and to take injections for 2 more days and then hopefully be in theatre Friday. I got a sick line for 4 weeks as the side effects are kicking my arse and I feel mentally drained by it all.

Never been so scared of failing anything in my life.

A total of 33 injections !

I'm 4 weeks in to my 1st cycle of Ivf. It's been tough but almost at the end. I was worried I wouldn't respond to the Injections due to my low amh but my scan on Friday and today confirmed I will make it to egg retrieval this week as I have about 6 follicles ready and some more still growing.SSo my body for once hasn't let me down.. .in shock!! so currently on day 13 of stims and to take injections for 2 more days and then hopefully be in theatre Friday. I got a sick line for 4 weeks as the side effects are kicking my arse and I feel mentally drained by it all.

@Alexis2017 so good to hear from you....and so pleased that the IVf is progressing as it should be. Got so much crossed for you! Pleased you are taking time off work to give yourself as much rest as possible....you deserve it the journey you have had so far.

Please keep us posted. I love to hear how you are getting along x

Fingers and toes crossed for you Alexis. I’m about to start Menopur, just waiting for my period after the Prostrap. I’m taking time off too. Sending you a hug x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back