Long termers 6 months or more

Hi everyone , not sure quite whether I belong here or not:think: it's been over a year now but not actively trying for the whole time

We had an early miscarriage in Jan 18, then had a few months off as we lost two family members and mil was in hospital for a massive cancer operation. We then had a chemical in May, had another positive at the end of July but (cut a long story short) our little boy was incompatible with life and we had a termination at 14 weeks in October - it's been an awful 12 months (I haven't told half of it :-()
So here we are, 12 months later and ttc again

Oh Hun, what a rollercoaster you’ve been on!

I’m so so sorry for your losses x

Welcome pink79 you absolutely belong. I hope this thread can offer you some support and a safe place to vent anytime. I'm so sorry for your losses sounds like you have had a terribly difficult journey. I hope 2019 brings you some good news x

We are doing good most of the time. I won't lie, it's hard work but it's so worth it!! We are breastfeeding which I can honestly say is one of the hardest things I've ever done especially in the early weeks. I'm glad I stuck with it though as it's so much easier overnight.

Seriously though don't listen to the optimistic crap they tell you in antenatal. Know that you'll wing it most of the time but also know that you'll be just fine!! Oh and Google will be your new best friend!!

Oh and seeing as you've waited more than long enough for this pregnancy, do spoil yourself!! I loved pregnancy yoga and recommend it to everyone. l'd have done aquanatal if I could have found a class near me. Daisy birthing was great but NCT was rubbish. That's the only thing I wouldn't have done if I knew then what I knew now.

Hope you're keeping well.

Glad to hear your doing well moomin. I certainly will be spoiling myself....already been looking at anything to enjoy the whole experience. I haven't really gone into detail yet as want to get the 12 week scan under my belt. That's a week on Monday so hopefully if all is well then we can start thinking forwards. Xx

Well ladies, I haven't been here long and already got my 2 pink lines! Right now though after everything last year I can't get excited, I'm just scared xx

Well ladies, I haven't been here long and already got my 2 pink lines! Right now though after everything last year I can't get excited, I'm just scared xx

Omg congratulations! How many too are you? Maybe 2019 will finally be the year for this thread x

Omg congratulations! How many too are you? Maybe 2019 will finally be the year for this thread x
I've had 2 cycles since my tfmr, both longer than normal, I was putting symptoms and late af down to my body still settling down (obviously not!) So I delayed testing, I'm 4+5, I'm in shock.

I haven't even got my follow up consultant appointment to discuss the results of my cvs and future pregnancy care until the 5th February , I might have to try and contact them this week. I'm just too scared to be excited, surely it can't happen again? Can't help but think that it's bad luck getting pregnant again on the first month of trying, I've got a tattoo booked in a couple of weeks in memory of my little I lost in October, might have to rethink!

Hopefully this is going to be a better year than last, for all of you on this thread too, sending lots of baby dust:dust:

I've had 2 cycles since my tfmr, both longer than normal, I was putting symptoms and late af down to my body still settling down (obviously not!) So I delayed testing, I'm 4+5, I'm in shock.

I haven't even got my follow up consultant appointment to discuss the results of my cvs and future pregnancy care until the 5th February , I might have to try and contact them this week. I'm just too scared to be excited, surely it can't happen again? Can't help but think that it's bad luck getting pregnant again on the first month of trying, I've got a tattoo booked in a couple of weeks in memory of my little I lost in October, might have to rethink!

Hopefully this is going to be a better year than last, for all of you on this thread too, sending lots of baby dust:dust:
Congratulations! X

Anyone been trying for 2.5yrs+ ? ☹️ Feeling fed up today...

Ttc 7 months, bfp but mc at 7 weeks
Had 1st ivf cycle Nov ‘18. failed...
Round 2 starts in 3 weeks!

J x

J x

Didn't want to read and run jezby there's a few ladies on here similar to you and a couple due first cycle IVF early this year who I'm sure can relate x

J x

Hi lovely, I’ve been ttc for 18 months. I have PCOS and don’t have regular cycles. I’m due to start my first ivf cycle.

I’m sorry you’re feeling low, hopefully you’ll be lucky this round! Xx

J x

Hi, so sorry you’re feeling fed up today...believe me, I know the feeling! Ive been ttc for 2 years and 3 months with unexplained infertility. I don’t qualify for nhs ivf until I’ve been trying for 3 years so I still have a bit of a wait ahead of me for that. Lost all hope of getting a bfp naturally though.

Best of luck with your next ivf round. Keep us updated with how you get on and feel free to vent on here when you need to! It does help, especially as we all understand, even though all our journeys are diffferent. Sometimes in the real world, it feels like you’re alone with this. Although saying that, since opening up to people I know about my struggles, it’s amazing how many other people have gone through similar. My advice would be to not try and force yourself out of that fed up feeling. By all means treat yourself and do things that make you happy, but if you’re feeling low, you can’t force yourself to be happy. Just make sure you have a rant and don’t hold it all inside xx

Fingers crossed you get some good news soon xx

J x
2 years. 1 bfp mc at 6weeks. Nothing since. All tests show we are fine. Cant have ivf till i get ny weight down. They said in the meantime theres every chance but im just so fed up now. We dtd because we have to not because we want to. Every day im reminded how much of a failure my body is.

2 years. 1 bfp mc at 6weeks. Nothing since. All tests show we are fine. Cant have ivf till i get ny weight down. They said in the meantime theres every chance but im just so fed up now. We dtd because we have to not because we want to. Every day im reminded how much of a failure my body is.

Are you on a diet regardless of the ivf? It could be your weight thats causing you not to conceive maybe?

Are you on a diet regardless of the ivf? It could be your weight thats causing you not to conceive maybe?

The doctor actually said everything was fine for conceiving. Nothing medically wrong with me because of my weight. I ovulate like clockwork. My lining is fine. My bloods all came back normal.

Hi, so sorry you’re feeling fed up today...believe me, I know the feeling! Ive been ttc for 2 years and 3 months with unexplained infertility. I don’t qualify for nhs ivf until I’ve been trying for 3 years so I still have a bit of a wait ahead of me for that. Lost all hope of getting a bfp naturally though.

Best of luck with your next ivf round. Keep us updated with how you get on and feel free to vent on here when you need to! It does help, especially as we all understand, even though all our journeys are diffferent. Sometimes in the real world, it feels like you’re alone with this. Although saying that, since opening up to people I know about my struggles, it’s amazing how many other people have gone through similar. My advice would be to not try and force yourself out of that fed up feeling. By all means treat yourself and do things that make you happy, but if you’re feeling low, you can’t force yourself to be happy. Just make sure you have a rant and don’t hold it all inside xx

Fingers crossed you get some good news soon xx
Thank you for this very thoughtful reply... I was actually made redundant the day before I went in for egg collection so you can imagine my distress. I had a 3 months to find a new role - my last day at my current company is in 2 weeks and yesterday I secured an amazing new job. So relief !! So I’ve given myself most of Feb off to take stock and have a stress free 2nd cycle in the hope it works this time ...

We all have to just hang in there! Xx

Omg what awful timing! So glad you have found something else now though :) hopefully your luck continues xx

I’m currently at th start of yet another tww. I don’t look out for symptoms anymore though. I usually don’t start to obsess over the fact that I still don’t have a baby until a few days before af is due, but that feeling hasn’t gone away all month this time. Maybe it’s the start of a new year that’s making me feel that way. Ugh.

Feel like I’m the only one left who’s not pregnant in this thread! Anyone still out there with me?!

I’m due af next week so I’m in the worst bit of my cycle for me....irritable, spotty face, emotional, anxious and the dread of af looming. The joys lol

I’m here :wave:

I’ve got my first fertility clinic appointment on Friday! Excited and nervous xx

I’m here too :wave: CD16 for me with predicted ovulation tomorrow (fx). OPK has been pretty negative until now so hoping for a blazing positive tomorrow (if going by my last cycle is anything to go by) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back