Long Term TTC - 12 months & more

I have just come back from me first fertility referral appointment. They filled out a long form with us and have said we are eligible for NHS funding. They explained we would need to wait between 6weeks and 3 months for the funding to be authorised.

Q- Can anyone tell me how long they waited for the approval of funding letter? I will be under the CCG for west Suffolk.

Q- we live officially in essex but right on the border and our GP is in the west Suffolk catchment area. I have read the CCG policy and it talks about criteria ans that residency is your GP surgery it doesn't mention what your actual address is. Does anyone no if this might be an issue? Essex dont offer NHS funding but West suffolk do

I hope to get some helpful replies :)

I have just come back from me first fertility referral appointment. They filled out a long form with us and have said we are eligible for NHS funding. They explained we would need to wait between 6weeks and 3 months for the funding to be authorised.

Q- Can anyone tell me how long they waited for the approval of funding letter? I will be under the CCG for west Suffolk.

Q- we live officially in essex but right on the border and our GP is in the west Suffolk catchment area. I have read the CCG policy and it talks about criteria ans that residency is your GP surgery it doesn't mention what your actual address is. Does anyone no if this might be an issue? Essex dont offer NHS funding but West suffolk do

Can't answer your first question but your funding criteria will be from the residency of your GP address not your home address.
I only know this because i was due to go for IVF
Good luck x

Thankyou :) good to hear that's how I read it I was just concerned that's all.

Hope your pregnancy is going well.

Kind regards Becky

I waited about two weeks for the funding confirmation to go through :) It was really quick!

As to your second question, if they've already said you're eligible then I wouldn't worry. It sounds like you've been granted it :)

I waited about two weeks for the funding confirmation to go through :) It was really quick!

As to your second question, if they've already said you're eligible then I wouldn't worry. It sounds like you've been granted it :)

Hi, thanks wow that's quick is that with west suffolk?
It would be amazing if it was that quick

Hi I see this is a thread from last month but just want to jump on and speak to some other lovely ladies that’s had long times ttc.

I am going into my 7th year I was meant to have a ultrasound scan last month as I’m with a different doctor surgery now and he seems concerned why nothing has happened yet and was getting me in for a scan but with everything happening it got cancelled

however fast forward to this month I have always been 34 days cycles since I came off the pill in 2013 and the last couple of months I have been getting to 39 days then starting af on day 40 but I have bypassed that completely and at day 45 I have had period cramps for the last 2 weeks and nothing has came and I do have a tilted uterus too

I have gone off my food and just feeling a bit under the weather I need to lose 3-5 stone for private fertility and 7 for nhs

And congratulations to you all on your bfps I have been following your journeys on and off in the last few years but don’t come on here often as my mind goes into overdrive if I do

thanks Jemma

Hi ladies,

We were trying for 4,5 years, the last 8 months of it we had 3 IVF cycles. Started the 3rd (thus time self funded) one just before the lockdown without knowing whether the treatment could go ahead fully due to Corona. This was our last chance and I wasn't very hopeful. We were going to call it quits if this didn't work as it was becoming emotionally difficult to keep trying without results. I can see now that I was putting more pressure on myself than I realised at the time.
Against all odds with very few eggs collected and getting only 1 good embryo they went ahead with day 3 transfer. Pregnancy test was positive. I had never had a positive test in my life. Couldn't believe it so repeated the test 5 days later, still positive. Went for the 6 wk scan, saw the baby, still couldn't believe it. Then 12 wk scan came along, saw the baby, still couldn't believe it! I mean I need to hold the baby in my arms to really believe it.
I just wanted to say to long termers here that everything is possible. I know for some it takes longer than 2 years, for some it's longer than 8 years but these babies find us when the time is right. I recently read somewhere that people in our lives are there for a reason including our babies who choose us. I think it's a beautiful thought. We just have to be patient and embrace the fact that perhaps we don't have much control over the situation, it happens when it's meant to happen.
I hope my story offers some hope and consolation.
P.S My friend's friend was trying for 10 years, then gave up trying, took a puppy and following month got pregnant.

All the best and good health x

Such a lovely story :love: we were trying 2 years, 6 weeks before starting ivf have a natural pregnancy! Somehow you can tolerate the heartache when you see that positive test xx

Such a lovely story :love: we were trying 2 years, 6 weeks before starting ivf have a natural pregnancy! Somehow you can tolerate the heartache when you see that positive test xx
great news, congrats x

Hi ladies,

We were trying for 4,5 years, the last 8 months of it we had 3 IVF cycles. Started the 3rd (thus time self funded) one just before the lockdown without knowing whether the treatment could go ahead fully due to Corona. This was our last chance and I wasn't very hopeful. We were going to call it quits if this didn't work as it was becoming emotionally difficult to keep trying without results. I can see now that I was putting more pressure on myself than I realised at the time.
Against all odds with very few eggs collected and getting only 1 good embryo they went ahead with day 3 transfer. Pregnancy test was positive. I had never had a positive test in my life. Couldn't believe it so repeated the test 5 days later, still positive. Went for the 6 wk scan, saw the baby, still couldn't believe it. Then 12 wk scan came along, saw the baby, still couldn't believe it! I mean I need to hold the baby in my arms to really believe it.
I just wanted to say to long termers here that everything is possible. I know for some it takes longer than 2 years, for some it's longer than 8 years but these babies find us when the time is right. I recently read somewhere that people in our lives are there for a reason including our babies who choose us. I think it's a beautiful thought. We just have to be patient and embrace the fact that perhaps we don't have much control over the situation, it happens when it's meant to happen.
I hope my story offers some hope and consolation.
P.S My friend's friend was trying for 10 years, then gave up trying, took a puppy and following month got pregnant.

All the best and good health x
Congratulations to you and it's wonderful to hear a longtermer get their BFP. Gives those of us still trying hope. <3

2 and a half years TTC here. Does anyone still use this thread?

It's a thread which still gets used once in a while, you can make a new one if you like hun!x

Thank you, I might just do that!
Currently it’s 5am and I can’t sleep! X

Hey ladies...

I'm back for anyone that remembers me

just adding in... 4.5 years trying.. 1 msc, 3 failed IVF and a effing pandemic lol

Just starting out on an egg donor journey.... love to all x

Hey ladies...

just adding in... 4.5 years trying.. 1 msc, 3 failed IVF and a effing pandemic lol

I've popped back on to see who is about here still. Sorry to see your still trying but sending my love and I hope you get your rainbow soon

Hey ladies...

that's great news, fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back