Long Term TTC - 12 months & more

We’re both still taking the vitamins, yes :) D is on extra selenium, vitamin C and Omega 3 (as he doesn’t eat much fish).

I don’t like the ‘relaxing’ thing either, though I know everyone means well. I feel like whenever someone says that, that they’re saying it’s all my fault that we can’t have a baby. I have autism and I am as relaxed as I can be. I don’t like sex so if I don’t schedule it then it doesn’t happen :/ I don’t know how to be more relaxed about it :(

I would definitely recommend switching your OH's vitamins up. I think the change we made in my OH's vitamins had a big part in conceiving. He was only on them for 3 months and they say it takes 3 months for the cycle of sperm. He was taking:
- CoQ10
- Vitamin E
- Vtamins C
- Omega 3
- Lycopene
It may be worth a shot hun.

I am the same, sex doesn't really bother me either but we only literally did it a few times in December and i didn't have a clue when i would have been ovulating.

Wishing you all the luck in 2020 x

We’re both still taking the vitamins, yes :) D is on extra selenium, vitamin C and Omega 3 (as he doesn’t eat much fish).

I don’t like the ‘relaxing’ thing either, though I know everyone means well. I feel like whenever someone says that, that they’re saying it’s all my fault that we can’t have a baby. I have autism and I am as relaxed as I can be. I don’t like sex so if I don’t schedule it then it doesn’t happen :/ I don’t know how to be more relaxed about it :(

Hiya Sock. hope you can get your bfp soon. I also never really truly relaxed entire ttc time but did in the end get pregnant, i did however have a element of almost 'cant be bothered' the month we conceived this one.. for eg, i got a +opk but didnt act on it till next day.
I was taking pregnancy supplements (Asdas own) + COQ10 + 400mg folate on top of the folic acid already in the pregnancy supplement.
Hubby was on a lot tho and had low sperm count and vericocle.
Ice pack 30mns a day or laying on cool mat over night when sleeping (haha)
COQ10
Black maca
Wellmans conception
500mg Vit C
Vitamin D
Also didnt dtd a lot, had 4 days abstidance before attempts. I highly recommend abstidance, cough medicine and stuff for the hubby as well as the extra folate for the women :) Best of Luck may 2020 be good for ya! :)

Consultant appointment is finally today! :D Crossing my fingers that they suggest IUI before IVF... :/

Consultant appointment is finally today! :D Crossing my fingers that they suggest IUI before IVF... :/
Personally hun i wouldn't even bother with IUI. The success rate is low and its a time waster when you could just go straight to IVF and have more of a chance of it working. I did a lot of research previously. Obviously its your own choice.
Wishing you luck at your appointment and keep us updated xx

Personally hun i wouldn't even bother with IUI. The success rate is low and its a time waster when you could just go straight to IVF and have more of a chance of it working. I did a lot of research previously. Obviously its your own choice.
Wishing you luck at your appointment and keep us updated xx

Thanks, Char :) Yeah I looked into it a lot too. With D's particular problem it seems like we'd be ideal candidates for it. You're right with the success rates not being as high but they increase with every attempt and it's far less invasive than IVF.

We shall see what they suggest! :D

Ok so IVF it is. Sigh. On the plus side I have a decidedly average reproductive system! (Bar a tilted uterus and cysts on my ovaries *but not PCOS*) I found that very surprising as I was fully expecting to be told I wasn’t ovulating.

Our referral has been sent and once we get the funding we start within six weeks O__O Shockingly fast!

Also, I was fully prepared for that being the decision but it’s really horrible when you hear a doctor actually say it out loud :/

Ok so IVF it is. Sigh. On the plus side I have a decidedly average reproductive system! (Bar a tilted uterus and cysts on my ovaries *but not PCOS*) I found that very surprising as I was fully expecting to be told I wasn’t ovulating.

Our referral has been sent and once we get the funding we start within six weeks O__O Shockingly fast!

Also, I was fully prepared for that being the decision but it’s really horrible when you hear a doctor actually say it out loud :/
Brilliant news that you will be starting within 6 weeks hun. It’s better than you won’t be waiting around for months.
Now over the next 6 weeks you will feel yourself relax because you know it’s coming. Praying that you get your miracle from your first round hun xx

Our paperwork is being reviewed now and the lady told me that we’re missing a PR form to prove we work at our jobs?? What on earth is that? It wasn’t on the list of requested materials. So frustrating! I followed the instructions exactly :(

Appointment day! Hoorah :) It’s at 11 so I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Ok, starting around the 16th of March when my next AF is due. If it’s any later than the 20th then we won’t be able to start until after India :/ The scan showed one large egg nearly ready to go (in the next five days the doctor said) so hopefully everything is on track for completing this months cycle in time for when we need it to. I just have to wait and see. Lots of baths and relaxing in the next few weeks I think. I don’t want to tense up and make it late.

Ok, starting around the 16th of March when my next AF is due. If it’s any later than the 20th then we won’t be able to start until after India :/ The scan showed one large egg nearly ready to go (in the next five days the doctor said) so hopefully everything is on track for completing this months cycle in time for when we need it to. I just have to wait and see. Lots of baths and relaxing in the next few weeks I think. I don’t want to tense up and make it late.
Great news sock! And yes, plenty of self care for you. Treat yourself, relax, everything is happening now so no need to worry!

Not sure there are many of us left here but thought id make a place for us long termers to chat and support eachother.
Coming up to 18 months for me, how long for you? x

3 years for me waiting for my boyfriends appointment in May xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back