Long Term TTC - 12 months & more

Do you think they mean like your blood tests etc and your OH SA.
I know before your referral goes ahead you have to be sent for all the basic blood tests again and for an STI etc? Then also you would need to have the process of the dye into your tubes before you go to the fertility clinic.
Thats how i would see it, but i might be wrong xx

Eugh how frustrating. D’s already had two SA’s which is why we were referred in the first place :( Feels like we’re going around in circles.

Last edited:
Eugh how frustrating. D’s already had two SA’d which is why we were referred in the first place :( Feels like we’re going around in circles.
Have you had a HsG yet? (The dye in your tubes)
Once you get referred you will have to have all the bloods done again and your Oh have a SA. It’s annoying but the clinic like to have their Own results xx

Have you had a HsG yet? (The dye in your tubes)
Once you get referred you will have to have all the bloods done again and your Oh have a SA. It’s annoying but the clinic like to have their Own results xx

Nope, just two blood tests. I guess I’ll find out more when I get the letter. I just hate the waiting and the vagueness.

Last edited:
The process is different depending on what services your local hospital offer. If you have a hospital that's closer to you that can do these tests they will sometimes send you there before you attend the Ivf clinic.we got all the relevant tests done at the same clinic we had ivf... It just meant we Couldnt join the waiting list to start until we had gone through all the tests. That took us about 1 year then we had to wait 1 year to start treatment but that was due to going to thailand so we had to add of 6 months on to the the wait!

Ok so they want three blood tests and the HyCoSy. My hospital has a drop in service for the bloods so no appointment making needed (yay!) and D can make an appointment for my HyCoSy when I get back to CD1. Fingers crossed they’re all done by the new year!

Ok so they want three blood tests and the HyCoSy. My hospital has a drop in service for the bloods so no appointment making needed (yay!) and D can make an appointment for my HyCoSy when I get back to CD1. Fingers crossed they’re all done by the new year!
My local hospital did drop in’s too. Always such a bonus. Even though you could sit there for a while it’s much better. Hope you get all the tests done by the new year hun xx

To anyone else who’s had a HyCoSy. What do I do if I can’t get through to the hospital today to book it? My husband has been calling them all day with no reply :(

Last edited:
To anyone else who’s had a HyCoSy. What do I do if I can’t get through to the hospital today to book it? My husband has been calling them all day with no reply :(

Can you call tomorrow or have they said they wanted it on a certain CD? I had mine a long time ago now and I don’t remember it needing to be done on a certain day. A quick google search says anytime after day 8 up to 18.

Can you call tomorrow or have they said they wanted it on a certain CD? I had mine a long time ago now and I don’t remember it needing to be done on a certain day. A quick google search says anytime after day 8 up to 18.

The letter says to call up on the day your period starts so it can be booked in. That was yesterday so we had to call today :/ I’m terrified they’ll say we have to wait another month now. If only they’d email! It’d all have been sorted out by now x__x

The letter says to call up on the day your period starts so it can be booked in. That was yesterday so we had to call today :/ I’m terrified they’ll say we have to wait another month now. If only they’d email! It’d all have been sorted out by now x__x

Ah okay, hopefully you get hold of them then.

You should hopefully be ok. Just explain that you couldn’t get through on the day your period arrived and they should be okay. Fingers crossed you can get it booked in x

you should be fine ringing on CD2. I think when I had mine I rang after that and still got in. I think I had to go in on day 10 or 11.

Hooray all booked! Having the HyCoSy on Christmas eve! X_X

Yeah it sounds pretty scary! :/
I won't lie to you - it isn't nice but the pain is literally for no more than 10 secs. You will have dull aches afterwards too so make sure you are fully stocked up on the paracetamol. I hope someone is going with you. x

I won't lie to you - it isn't nice but the pain is literally for no more than 10 secs. You will have dull aches afterwards too so make sure you are fully stocked up on the paracetamol. I hope someone is going with you. x

Yup, D is coming with me and then we’re going to the in-laws for Christmas. Fortunately my mother-in-law is a retired nurse so I’ll be well looked after!

I’m pretty scared now after reading up about it :/

Yup, D is coming with me and then we’re going to the in-laws for Christmas. Fortunately my mother-in-law is a retired nurse so I’ll be well looked after!

I’m pretty scared now after reading up about it :/
Oh lovely :)
My mum came with me and i felt like i was 7 year old again. She couldn't do enough for me all day bless her. I definitely milked it a little bit too haha!
The worse thing you could have done is read up about it, my mum did exactly that and she was more scare than what i was.
Its honestly ok, if you have a nice nurse that is doing the procedure she will talk you through every step and make you feel relaxed. Like i said previously, it only hurts when they put the dye in, which is about 10 seconds. Ask the nurse to let you know when the dye is going in because you need to be prepared for the pain.
Good luck xx

I took my friend with me but honestly, other than some cramping afterwards I felt fine. I was able to drive home and go about business normally really.

I found it was more uncomfortable than painful and at points it was VERY sensitive but I wouldn’t say too painful. It will be fine I’m sure.

@SockVortex mine didn’t hurt at all. I had cramps afterwards but the procedure was fine. Stay calm and stop googling xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back