Long Term TTC - 12 months & more

chattychar1990

Reaction score
Not sure there are many of us left here but thought id make a place for us long termers to chat and support eachother.
Coming up to 18 months for me, how long for you? x

Hi Char

Just over 2 years for me :( I actually try not to use this forum too much since the summer, just dip in once a month or so when I feel sorry for myself. Also part of me trying not to “think” about ttcing in the desperate hope it meant I could relax and conceive naturally.

I did see your post about needing ivf though. Hope your referral comes through quickly. I think the waiting was one of the hardest parts of the whole process!

Sending my love to you all. I was 2 years till I started Ivf then 3 years till I got preggers.... I still ca t believe it. I believe it can happen for you all too x x x

I think I’ll be at the 7 year mark before I know it.. hope no one else here is having to wait that long. Really hope we all get our babies some day. Long term is so hard.

I had some cheapie pg tests came in the post today by surprise with my cheapie opks so I thought what the hell since they are crap anyway might as well do one lol and I’d been staring at the test for probably the last 10mins wondering if it’s the start of something but I’m sure it’s just a indent or evap? The line was there from 4mins and the test says full result may take 10mins and discard after 10mins. So now I’ve got my hopes up a little oops. I’m sure AF will come as normal and expected in a couple of days though.

This is my last cycle before we hit the year mark, though I have long cycles so I’ve only had ten chances in that time.

I’ve been “trying” for a year to date but like @SockVortex I’ve only had 6 chances because of long cycles and PCOS. We caught in May but ended up chemical. I’ve got the doctors booked for year testing they do, anyone shed any light on what I should expect from this appointment? Not sure where they will start? Xx

I’ve been “trying” for a year to date but like @SockVortex I’ve only had 6 chances because of long cycles and PCOS. We caught in May but ended up chemical. I’ve got the doctors booked for year testing they do, anyone shed any light on what I should expect from this appointment? Not sure where they will start? Xx
Our first ever appointment was very quick. They asked a few questions and they sent me for blood tests to see if I was ovulating once that hopefully comes back ok they will do a few other blood tests and then send your OH for a sperm analysis.
Where you go from there will depend what your results come back as.
Good luck hun <3
Always here to support you if you ever need it x

Sorry just butting in!

I was trying for 2 years with pcos and had 3 chemicals during that time. The longer cycles can have an effect on egg quality which is why women with pcos have more chemicals.

I started using inofolic about 3 months before we conceived and I’m pretty adamant it made a difference because my cycles reduced to 32 days. Worth looking into maybe xx

I haven't been trying for a 12 months yet but I 100% agree with @SugaryIris, I take myo inositol and has happened with my long cycles and has regulated them. Its something I think you should definitely look into xx

Our first ever appointment was very quick. They asked a few questions and they sent me for blood tests to see if I was ovulating once that hopefully comes back ok they will do a few other blood tests and then send your OH for a sperm analysis.
Good luck hun <3
Ok thanks for that at least I kinda know what I should expect, the deal with my OH was if we tried for a year and nothing happened we would get a dog.... so guess who’s now preparing for a puppy!! Tbh it’ll be a nice distraction because I’m so over opk taking temp symptom spotting.

what’s next steps for you regarding ivf? Is it a long wait?

Sorry just butting in!

I was trying for 2 years with pcos and had 3 chemicals during that time. The longer cycles can have an effect on egg quality which is why women with pcos have more chemicals.

I started using inofolic about 3 months before we conceived and I’m pretty adamant it made a difference because my cycles reduced to 32 days. Worth looking into maybe xx
Thanks, I’m taking myo inositol 2x a day should I up it to 3 x a day? This cycle is much short then last one had a 79 then this is a 37 day cycle which is my normal. Been taking them since September so hoping they will keep me on the straight and narrow. Xx

Hey ladies ... I’m a 2nd time long timer!

Had a 4 year journey which resulted in ivf and my little miracle, then a frozen ivf cycle which resulted in a miscarriage and now on the road to another fresh ivf cycle to conceive my 2nd.

It’s been such a rollercoaster but I’m still here.

I’ve been more of a lurker recently but I’m back and ready to face this next challenge.

Best of luck ladies xx

As other ladies have mentioned. Myo inositol is a godsend for ladies with pcos.

We tried for 8 years, clomid, metformin, black cohosh, myo inositol, soya isoflavones you name it I tried it. My cycles were non existent, got to the point where I hadn't had a period in over a year.

I stated taking Myova which is (myo inositol, chromium and folate) and it brought my cycle back immediately. Cycles came down to 34ish days and after a year we got our first bfp ever.

I do believe he quality of the myo inositol matters because I'd tried various cheap brands in the past which had no effect what so ever. Definitely worth a look into. Good luck xx

MelC2011- just wanted to say that I keep my fingers crossed and wish a positive outcome x

We just hit two years in September, bloods normal, appointment booked at end of November to discuss next steps and options. Have had 2 CP in that time. Started acupuncture very recently, not sure if it's really helping, but I certainly feel better!

Just to share some news from a friend, she had been trying for 10 years, had unexplained infertility, went through 2 rounds of IVF 2 years ago, nothing was working. They were told to keep trying and they took a break from IVF as it was so emotionally draining. She had a natural BFP once they started adoption paperwork.

Hope everyone gets their BFP's soon!

Hoping some of us have some luck before this year is out!!

Only 2 cycles left for me with AF looking like it’s due around Christmas Day.. oh joy!!

We will have to get back to dtd again.. havent in weeks. Was stuck with a cold right after ovulation and then AF turned up just as I was starting to feel 100% again!!

Good luck hun <3

hey @chattychar1990 I sent you a private message the other day. Not sure it worked as this site is weird to navigate but hope it’s useful x

Had an email from Kingston ACU today to say they’ve posted us a letter (god knows why they didn’t just email it??).

Totally confused by this though:

“Once we learn that the investigations we have requested are completed we will arrange for you to be seen in the fertility clinic.”

Anyone have any idea what they mean? I thought I’d be attending the clinic to HAVE investigations. How am I meant to have them before we even go there? I’m confused and they don’t explain themselves any further.

Had an email from Kingston ACU today to say they’ve posted us a letter (god knows why they didn’t just email it??).

Totally confused by this though:

“Once we learn that the investigations we have requested are completed we will arrange for you to be seen in the fertility clinic.”

Anyone have any idea what they mean? I thought I’d be attending the clinic to HAVE investigations. How am I meant to have them before we even go there? I’m confused and they don’t explain themselves any further.
Do you think they mean like your blood tests etc and your OH SA.
I know before your referral goes ahead you have to be sent for all the basic blood tests again and for an STI etc? Then also you would need to have the process of the dye into your tubes before you go to the fertility clinic.
Thats how i would see it, but i might be wrong xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back