Weaning questions

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
Hi girls

So I've been attempting BLW for 4 days now. Got a few questions...

1. Should I Be giving him the food warm? I'm doing carrot, broccoli, etc but he's having it room temp.

2. He doesn't seem interested in the savoury stuff at all. The Only thing he's shown any sign of enjoying (as in put to his mouth more than Once) is banana and mango.

3. At one mealtime I may give him 3 different things. Is this too many? Should I say, only give him broccoli at lunch?

Thanks xxx

morning :wave:

I would say to ll your answers do whatever you feel is best, you can do blw however you like. we gave feed warmish, sometimes room temp. It took a few weeks for O to do more than squish and throw but he'll get there. We offered about 3 diff things each time but they don't know what they're 'meant to have' for breakkie, lunch or dinner, you could just give him a little taste (as in squish or throw!) of what you're having.

xxx

^^^ wss x don't worry about what he is or isn't eating as he is still getting all the nutrients he needs from his milk. The blw mantra is 'food is fun until they're one' x we gave food warm or cold x stay calm and most of all have fun! :D

Thanks :) sorry i'm being so annoying with all the questions. I just feel a bit out of my depth and I'm worrying it's not going right....

At times I have to pick the food up and hold it out for him to take, a he doesn't always pick it off he tray. It's like he's in a mood sometimes!!

oh do not worry about all the qs, seriously, anything new is like that!!

we also used to hold it out for owen to take out of our hands, did that quite a lot in the start, blw traditionalists (iykwim)dont advise that but it worked well for us.

keep going, its frustrating to start with but itll soon get going :)

xxx

It took my LO quite a while to start picking stuff up herself but one day she just 'got' it - even after that she often has days when she's not interested in food for whatever reason, but you just have to relax and keep going with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back