Starting blw soon!

traci

Reaction score
I have a fair idea on what I'm doing but if anyone has any nuggets of wisdom it would really help!

For example, what do I start her on? I was thinking maybe some carrot and broccoli at first then try some banana. And when should I give her food, straight after a bottle or invetween feeds?

Also, can I freeze the cooked food, defrost, and warm up for another day? I'm assuming I can, I do it with our meals.

I just want to make sure I'm doing it right! Getting a blw book from the library today I hope x

Hey hun

We started with brekkie then if something didn't agree with LO it has all day to come out of their systems.

We ave mainly fruit to start and then introduced carbs and yoghurts etc....after a week or two we introduced lunch and so on.

We bought a cheap shower curtain to cover the floor and just bung it in the wash at the end of the day.

I haven't tried freezing anything yet as LO tends to chuck everything around so there's not much left to freeze lol!

HTH xx

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

I just give Kynon stick shaped pieces of whatever we are having so its really easy. To start with i gave him the veg and fruit we had. Im sure you could freeze stuff if that's what you do for yourselves, i don't though as i don't freeze anything for us.
We're on 2 meals now after about 3 weeks, lunch and dinner, not tried breakfast yet as he's so messy!
You can give most things at 6 months as long as its in suitable shapes to pick up. Think honey is the only non obvious thing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I've got a shower curtain ready so I'm prepared for mess! At the mo I've got carrots, broccoli and cauliflower in for her to try. I'll prob start her off on lunch after her nap.

^^ oooow they're good! Can feel a trip to ikea coming on lol x

That's a good price for 2 I might have to nip to Ikea! think I paid £2.80 each for the ones from Tesco, the ones I have are like a t-shirt material with plastic backing, they are really good for protecting his clothes and I just bung them in the washing machine when they are dirty

They clean really easily too, I just wash them after use in the sink, sometimes just a rinse in grand, then they're dry for next feed. He still covers himself sometime though, he's a messy one :rofl:

We paid £3 for a rubber bib from
Boots! What a rip off lol! Been wanting to go to ikea for a while.....here's my excuse :) xx

I got some of those off eBay, thought they'd come in handy eventually!

Haven't got an ikea near :(

We don't have an Ikea particularly near and parking is a nightmare when we do get there but I have to go at least 4 times a year so I can stock up on tealights lol!!!! It's like an obsession in our family we ring round each other before one of us goes to check who needs tealights, I have 100's I'll never use them all but I'll be going for my quarterly trip soon!!!! Now I get to look round the kiddy section as well :)

Back to blw I can totally recommend those coveralls, they are very useful but like Colby my N is very messy, I love it!!!!

We've decided, tomorrow is the day! No books in the library tho. Slightly annoying, but never mind! I can't wait x

Ooh exciting, I loved our first day but he didn't do much with the food!! We tried porridge, melon and mango, and he just kind of hit it on the highchair tray lol!! Let us know how you go :)

Maybe you could check eBay or amazon see if there is any cheaper 2nd hand copies? Does your library have any other libraries they could order it from for you???

I doubt it, we're pretty rural! Ours is the biggest one in the area!!

We've got carrot and broccoli to start with. See how that goes and then maybe offer her some banana

Sounds like a plan, I dipped his carrot in a bit of hummus to give him a new flavour, so once she's got the hang of it you could vary it up for her with some thing like that.

If she struggles with banana you could leave a bit of skin on for grip, but they soon learn how to deal with slippery foods!!

Good luck for tomorrow soooo exciting!!!!!

Yeah I've heard the banana can be a bit tricky. Someone said about rolling it in porridge oats to give it grip too. Never thought of leaving the skin on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back