July 2016 Mummies to be!

Aww hope you feel better too Unicorn.

Good luck for Thursday elfsmummy x

Hope you feel better soon sesame seed and unicorn :(

I had my dating scan and I'm showing 14 weeks and due 5th July, not sure if anyone can update my due date in the thread?

Baby was very active and even got hiccups, all seems real now!

It also means I need to move to Tri 2 which is scary arghhh

Here is my little person, baby was facing down so we have a front shot where baby looks like an alien ha ha

Any guesses, girl or boy x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 16
Hi ladies... phew, just caught up with all the posts I missed over christmas! Hope you all had a great time.
So sorry to hear about the miscarriage, Rach, if you're still reading this. How awful.
I had a great Christmas with my family. We told immediate family that I was pregnant. Told my mum first. I got a little box and put the scan pic in and got my daughter to give it to her as an early Christmas present when we saw her 23rd. It was hilarious... she didn't have her glasses on and thought it was a picture that Ella had drawn for her!!!
Here are my details... nice idea whoever started!
Name: Sophie
Due: 18th July (day after our 6th wedding anniversary!)
Pregnancy number: 2
Children so far: 1 (my little girl Ella is 2 1/2)
Live: Germany (originally from Surrey)
Team: no idea and actually don't mind this time as I already have a girl in the bag lol
Sex guess: boy
Ttc?: yes and happened first time... couldn't believe it!
Relationship status: married for 5 years.

Hope everyone's ok?? Or are you all in tri 2 now?!

I'm still in tri 1, I can't wait to get to tri 2 will be a big hurdle for me, it's dragging while i hope for it though.

Haha i would have loved to have seen your mum's face bless xxx

Do any of the other July mummies want to join the fb group? It's secret so no-one but
Members can even see it exists xxx

If it's totally secret and won't appear on my timeline etc ..,. How do I join ��

What's your name or email add? (Pm it if you like) I'll add you then add you to the group x

I'm still in tri 1 until our 13 week scan on the 20th. When do you move into tri 2 Lou? xx

Hello! Hope it isn't too late to join!

I'm 10 weeks 6 days pregnant with #3.

#2 is only 12 months old, and this was not planned at all!

It is actually horrible timing, as my sister in law suffered a stillbirth barely a month before conception. :(

I am really trying to be happy, but if I'm honest, it's a struggle.

My first baby took 5 years to conceive, and my second took 2 years and several rounds of 100mg Clomid.

Between infertility and breastfeeding, I didn't think I needed protection.

I'm really emotional about it and physically I'm having a rough go, as well.

I don't want to be ungrateful, but the timing is quite poor. I'm still mourning and my baby is still quite needy.

At any rate, I really hope you lot don't mind my joining. Sorry my first post was a bit of a downer.

I think I'm in tri 2 on the 17th (i really hope!) my scan is on Wednesday.

Welcome NBkm. Don't worry about being a downer, hormones certainly don't help and you have time to wrap yourhead around it. Maybe you could speak to your midwife about how you're feeling.

I don't know what to advise about your sister in law, so so sad, maybe you could try to keep it quiet for a while, i doubt she would begrudge you but either way it will be hard for her :( xxx

Welcome NBkm. I'm 10 wks 5 days today, so we're pretty well synced. I'm also an anxious mommy-to-be, so you are in good company.

I just had my blood taken for a harmony test yesterday. Is anyone else getting a NIPT done? Our minds will be much more at ease when we get our results back on the 22nd. Staying optimistic in the meantime!

I'm not have big any generic testing hope the results come back quickly xx

Welcome NBkm, I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time and I hope things feel better soon. Nice to still have you around Elfs Mummy :)
We're not having any genetic testing testing done, not even the scan xx

Who's left in tri 1 and how are you doing?
We bought our travel system today, so exciting :) xx

Not many I don't think!
I'm ok ish - i have my scan on wed and I'm so nervous.. If everything goes well i think I'll actually relax, i don't really believe I'll have a baby at the moment , my mind is all over the place!

How are you? Xxx

I'm still tri 1 ... Dating scan on Wednesday :)

Wow that's exciting unicorn what travel system did you decide on?

Lou I'm same as you, still hasn't sunk in that I'm going to be a mummy xx

I love buying things! Admittedly, I need very little having just had a baby a year ago. This likely being our last one, I may splurge on a few higher-end things that I wanted with the others but was too cheap to get. Haha

I'm 11 weeks today. It isn't letting me post a signature just yet, that I can tell. (Now, it is!) Almost out of the first tri. :)

I had my second scan set for this week, but I accidentally missed it and had to reschedule for next week. :(

Is anyone else excited to buy anything in particular?

Last edited:
I had my midwife appointment on the 29th December and they rang me a week later to say I had a urine infection, but other than needing to wee a bit more often (which I assumed was just a pregnancy thing!) I had no symptoms.

I didn't want to take the anti Bs because I'm paranoid about them damaging the baby's teeth, so I drank ACV in water twice a day for three days and upped my fluids and I think I'm ok as my pee is clear and the constant need to wee (and not doing very much) has gone now.
I'm going to see if they will test my wee again next week and see what that shows, I'm hoping it will be clear as I don't want the antibiotics LOL.

I am planning to get a breastpump this time.

With my firstborn I got a cheap battery powered pump from Babies R Us and I hardly got anything out using it.

With my second I didn't bother with a pump or expressing, but I leaked loads whenever she fed from one (the other leaked). And when she was over 9 months if she was away from me for any length of time I found I could hand express between 2 & 4oz per boob.

This time I would love to donate my milk so I would like to express from day 1.
I'm not sure whether to buy a Medela pump or see if I can hire a hospital grade pump (the companies will hire out their expensive hospital grade pumps but I am not sure how much it costs, I need to look into it). My plan is to express from one side and feed from the other for most feeds and freeze it.

I can't decide on whether to get a baby bath either. I might just use a plastic storage tub in the bath instead lol, as I have loads of those already.

My sink is too shallow to bath the baby in unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back