July 2016 Mummies to be!

Bless ya!!
I know, it's weird to change it but hopefully our pasts stay in the past now xxx

Mel when'd you're due date? Mines 24th July but from earlier scans I expect to be put back to 31st Jul when o have scan tomorrow.

Unicorn were going to go a light lemon too it's sooo exciting xx

Ooh mines currently 29th July and have dating scan on Weds.

I don't expect the date to change much though as it's an IVF pregnancy so all dates should be pretty accurate.

Can't wait to see your picture tomorrow..... how exciting :) xx

Oh my gosh! I know what you mean about spots ��

Ahh i see what you mean unicorn, if you hadn't bought anything and then were on bed rest you'd have to get everything online! I love online shopping usually but not for baby!

Is your scan Wednesday Mel? I'll be going backwards and forwards til we're all across xxx

Yes Weds Hun ... luckily it's at 8am .... though I have got to go straight to work after :(

We need to decorate the nursery, I can't wait, what fun :)
The room we're using is currently our 'roon of doom', so we need to clear it first! We've just had our loft boarded for this purpose, so hubby is in the process of getting everything we need up there.
We are then going to paint the room in a light yellow, get a new carpet and nursery furniture and then get more gender specific wall stickers when we know the gender xx

Sounds kinda like our place.
Our nursery is currently Hubby's music room, but he'll be moving out into a larger room to make way for the nursery.

Not sure what colour we're gonna do but ifs going to be neutral and then like you might add a slight splash of colour with assesories and wall stickers.

I can't wait to look into it in more detail and start the process xx

We need to decorate the nursery, I can't wait, what fun :)
The room we're using is currently our 'roon of doom', so we need to clear it first! We've just had our loft boarded for this purpose, so hubby is in the process of getting everything we need up there.
We are then going to paint the room in a light yellow, get a new carpet and nursery furniture and then get more gender specific wall stickers when we know the gender xx

Sounds kinda like our place.
Our nursery is currently Hubby's music room, but he'll be moving out into a larger room to make way for the nursery.

Not sure what colour we're gonna do but ifs going to be neutral and then like you might add a slight splash of colour with assesories and wall stickers.

I can't wait to look into it in more detail and start the process xx

I know, it's all so exciting :)
Although I need the sickness to push off before I can really get into it, today's been awful! How are you doing sweety? xx

Good morning!
Re buying things for the baby, I would agree with buying the essentials and then waiting to see what your baby is like before you scare purchase everything and then they don't like it!
I borrowed a sling from a friend to try it out and my lo hated it, so am glad I didn't waste the money. For a bath I just used our washing basket in the bath to save water. I got one of those giant spongue things that holds the baby up so they're not slipping in etc. too.
Also, with the santiary products I will also hold off this time and just get one packet to see how I go. I never leaked breastmilk so had to give all my breastpads away to friends.
I have most things left over from my little girl still (bet I end up having a boy this time though knowing my luck!!). Things I will be buying:
sanitary towels
babygros
new mattress for cot
newborn nappies
hoping to borrow a side sleeper / moses basket from a friend
same with a play pen for the living room that is great for putting them down to sleep in the daytime, although I also used to just put them in the pram in the hallway as it is a lie flat one that you can also remove and use as a moses basket.
Have got my scan on Thursday and we'll then tell people the news after that... so nervous and excited!

Lots of scans this week!! Good luck ladies!
Someone who has been a mummy before should write a book!! I feel quite freaked out and overwhelmed seeing everything!

Can't wait to see your pic Sesame xxx

Loving the lists ladies they're very helpful, I've screenshot them for myself. My scan is Thursday when I should be 12 weeks, I'm so excited. Looking forward to seeing and comparing all the scans xx

Nice to see people still on the Tri1 board. I'll be sticking here for a couple more weeks, too.

All the shopping lists are really helpful. I haven't bought a thing yet - I'm still too nervous until I hit Tri2. Perhaps I'm being over cautious. First time mommy at 35!

We also need to rethink the house layout to make room for baby. Like Unicorn's "Room of Doom", we have a room we call the "office" which should really be renamed the "closet". Everything without a place gets stuffed in there! But it's so nice to think that we might soon have a little baby here in our home. :)

i wont be doing the nursery till after christmas as we're currently not living together so will between both houses. were doing my daughters room at my ohs house i cant wait she wants a rainbow theme with sparkles and butterflies :)

I had my scan today ladies and everything is amazing.
Been put forward 4days so I'm now 12+1 and due 26th July.

I can't tell you how happy I feel :)

Yay Mel! It's such a lovely feeling!! :)

I'm officially due the 24th xxx

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 12
So....I think I finally figured out how to do kegels yesterday evening. Spent a half hour really concentrating. Today I have another first: post-kegel muscle soreness. Feels like I'm walking around work while my vagina grips a barbell! lol

May have overdone it.

On a different note, congrats on your good news, Mel.

Yay, congratulations on the scans ladies, lovely to see your pic Lou, do you have a gender guess?
I'm due the 27th July, so same as you SesameSeed and very clode to you Mel :)
I am feeling much better! The sickness seems to have been taken over by headaches, which I much prefer! I was sick the usual 10 times or so on Monday, had an awful night sleep because I had a splitting headache all night but was only sick once Tuesday morning and a few times in the evening. For the rest of the week I have been sick 2 or 3 times in the morning and once or twice in the evening and for the rest of the day I don't feel sick at all, it's amazing :smile:
Most people said it would take till 16 weeks to stop being sick so if this it is I feel extremely grateful, I was really struggling xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back