"It's because you're pregnant" rant

Olive

Reaction score
Ok, I was talking to my neighbour tonight about people at work and this is my bug bear...

Everytime I comment on anything, I get a sarcy "oh is it because you're pregnant" like I'm trying to moan/complain/be waited on.

Like, for example, the other day I mentioned that it's a pain the arse that the guys up the end of the office get the water cooler near them, as we have to go up and down the office to get a glass. Just a stupid wee whinge, nothing to do with being pregnant, I was just making a comment. Anyway, the response I get is "Oh sorry, now you're pregnant, should we move it near your desk so you don't have to get up". FFS.

Or if I say I'm hungry or tired or cba, like half the moany cows do in my office (granted I'm moaner too), it's because I'm pregnant of course. No, I'm just moaning like normal. Nothings changed in that respect, I've always moaned at work!

I'd never expect them to wait on me hand and foot (that phrase sounds weird writing it out) or whinge because I'm pregnant. Yes, some parts aren't always pleasant, like I'm not particularly keen on feeling sick or having acne, but I wouldn't change it for anything. They're just a bunch of ARS*H*LES who are making a thing of it. I love being pregnant, I wish they'd stop making me feel like a pregnant moaner. I'm not, I'm just a normal moaner. Keep my pregnancy out of it.

Whilst I'm at it lol, if one more person makes a comment about how I shouldn't be eating for 2...

xxx

Last edited:
Know what you mean! My boss was snatching tesco bags full of shredded paper out of my hands saying I can't carry anything :s so annoying

I hear ya!
The girls in my office are great tbh, and are all mothers but at times Im treated like an invalid.
Yesterday for example, I was changing my shoes to go out for a walk at lunch. My chair is one of those adjustable things on wheels. I made a joke that I couldnt do my lace up as sitting down and touching my feet was quite uncomfortable. One of them, completely serious, aske me if I wanted her to put my shoes on my feet and tie the laces.
On another note, OH is starting to piss me off... everytime I have a moan I get "hormones".
I turned around to him and said "can you not just accept that at times u are a complete idiot and I moan at you and its nothing to do with hormones?

My OH is oblivious to hormones and when I have a bad day he thinks I'm dumping him! I think he's got worse hormones than me lol

Lol this annoys me too. I'm a massive moaner too, and now i'm pregnant I have a lot of ammunition, but everytime I complain about being hot, or my back hurts or my feet hurt or I'm feeling fat I get told its because I'm pregnant. I'm like "Oh really, I didn't know...well that makes it all better then." NO - my everything is still hurting and I want some sympathy! Lol

Lol if I moan about anything, I get a 'shut up your not ill your just pregnant!!!' ARRRGGHH it really irritates me, even when my hypremisis was bad and I felt like I was dying, everyone told me to man up and get on with things as pregnancy is not an illness!!!!! Yes I know that but it bloody feels that way sometimes, let me have some sympathy I am growing a person after all!!!!

Last edited:
Completely agree! It annoys me something rotten! It's as if i never moaned before?! Grrr!

great thread!! i hear ya girlfriend!!

it is sooooooooooo annoying!!!

i made plans with a friend to pick up her laptop last friday lunch time (my OH is doing them a favour by fixing it)

friday comes so i call her and she says 'oh we are out, u didnt remind me, must be ur baby brain' WTF!!! how the hell did that get turned around, we had already arranged, why would i remind her anyway grrrrrrr!!!!!

xxxx

Lol! What a cheek! Today I had "don't worry, I'll close the window for you. You don't want to be stretching over in your condition".

BTW, none of this is colleagues empathising or being over protective, it's total sarcasm, like I'm asking for it! :roll:

xx

I feel for ya hun... If I moan about the tiniest thing (like, for example, my feet hurting cause we've been walking around town for hours) OH gets the arse and starts on his well practiced "you're pregnant not disabled" rant :roll: Some people seem to think that any complaint you have when you're pregnant is somehow related to BEING pregnant... No, I'm moaning about something that would annoy me even without carrying a huge bump around... It is possible that I'm still human under the bump ya know!! Jeez!! Sorry lil rant there :) xx

I feel for ya hun... If I moan about the tiniest thing (like, for example, my feet hurting cause we've been walking around town for hours) OH gets the arse and starts on his well practiced "you're pregnant not disabled" rant :roll: Some people seem to think that any complaint you have when you're pregnant is somehow related to BEING pregnant... No, I'm moaning about something that would annoy me even without carrying a huge bump around... It is possible that I'm still human under the bump ya know!! Jeez!! Sorry lil rant there :) xx

This is exactly what I meant :hug: Thanks heppi :) Hope you and Francesca are keeping well.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back