Views on alcohol while pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
'If I want a cider, why the fuck shouldn't I?'

Ummm...cuz its alcoholic and ur pregnant!!

Maybe I'm just a bore. But as much I loved my white wine before, and as much as I'd love to be enjoying a drink in this weather, I don't see any reasonable excuse to feed my baby alcohol.
'Because I want one' just isn't a good enough reason for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

'If I want a cider, why the fuck shouldn't I?'

Ummm...cuz its alcoholic and ur pregnant!!

Maybe I'm just a bore. But as much I loved my white wine before, and as much as I'd love to be enjoying a drink in this weather, I don't see any reasonable excuse to feed my baby alcohol.
'Because I want one' just isn't a good enough reason for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I think you'll find I said HALF A CIDER, WITH LEMONADE. Actually. :eh:
Just read back on my post, and i also said fancy, not want.

Get your facts right before being judgemental.
I'm sure you're not a saint ;)

And I'm hardly "feeding" my baby alcohol lol....

Last edited:
I think everyone is entitled to act how they see fit, but the truth is that most of the evidence suggests that there is absolutely no harm in the odd drink, one unit every now and again. As was rightly pointed out the advice is no alcohol because many people fail to interpret 'one drink being ok' as one drink! I choose not to drink for this pregnancy but that is my choice and I believe that others are able to make their own choices. If someone as behaving irresponsibly and acting out side of that I would not hesitate to say something, but within recommended limits, having the odd one is fine.

I think everyone is entitled to act how they see fit, but the truth is that most of the evidence suggests that there is absolutely no harm in the odd drink, one unit every now and again. As was rightly pointed out the advice is no alcohol because many people fail to interpret 'one drink being ok' as one drink! I choose not to drink for this pregnancy but that is my choice and I believe that others are able to make their own choices. If someone as behaving irresponsibly and acting out side of that I would not hesitate to say something, but within recommended limits, having the odd one is fine.

Exactly my point dysco. :).

People just climb aboard their high horses sometimes and get carried away!

Haha.. :wall2:

It's obvious people are gonna have different views as it's a controversial subject that nobody really knows anything about! No-one really knows the effects of alcohol at all, so it's down to personal opinion..

Anyway, time to unsubscribe - Boringgggg!! LOL..

xx

Haha.. :wall2:

It's obvious people are gonna have different views as it's a controversial subject that nobody really knows anything about! No-one really knows the effects of alcohol at all, so it's down to personal opinion..

Anyway, time to unsubscribe - Boringgggg!! LOL..

xx

At the risk of sounding 'boringggggg' there are a lot of studies out there which are looking at this, a lot is known but it has to all be taken critically, there are good studies and bad. Much is over interpreted by media hype one way or the other, 'yes you can drink', 'no you can't drink', 'you can have one drink', 'one drink is healthy' which are the headline statements are often huge over interpretations of data also picked up by groups with an agenda. I should find the list of things the daily mail says will give you cancer as an example, there are some classics!! Yes alcohol is a risk factor for developmental abnormalities but it is multifactorial and if you have a healthy lifestyle before, during and after pregnancy you are far less likely to have problems whether or not you have the odd drink during pregnancy, but risk is down to the individual. The evidence on smoking and obesity is far more robust that it has the potential to cause problems before, during and after birth for mother and baby because they tend to be chronic issues.

WSS and also going to hide and Dosent want to know anything about obesity and labour/bean problems :(

I don't like alcohol by I would have the odd half glass once the first trimester is over...

You can't start a hot topic then decide others peoples strong views are void.

Swearing and telling people they are on a high horse isn't acceptable.

Thread closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111