Things annoying me.. general rant!!

zoe82

Reaction score
I know there's a thread on what everyone is loving about pregnancy, and on the whole so am I now Tri 1 is out the way, but don't know if anyone else is having this, but I am constantly getting people telling me how big I look and I don't just mean my bump, I had a bum comment today, normally I would just laugh it off, but today I snapped and said how offended I was, don't like to normally, but it's starting to get on my nerves! I would never say to anyone else, pregnant or not how big their backside looks!! I am just starting to think people think they can say whatever they like, just because you're pregnant, but if I wasn't, nobody would dream of saying it to you! Also I don't mind people giving me advice if it's useful, but it's when I keep getting told things like "oh, you think you're tired now, wait until the baby is here", or "wait until labour, it's really going to hurt!" No s**t!, kind of worked that one out! Sorry for the rant, sound like a right moany cow, but I do feel like telling people to F off some times (but that would be blamed on my hormones!!)
Ahhh, feel better now!!!:lol:

am glad you feel better and i really dont blame you for thinking or acting that way, its wrong for people to say anything about your bum or anything else for that matter its one thing commenting on your bump, anything else is prev-y its distrubing if i was you and someone comments on your bum again slap them right across the face and tell them to fuck off. x x x

Ha ha! Could do that, but might get arrested or sectioned! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Lol I wouldn't have bitten my tongue either if someone commented on my ass. I'd have flipped out!

The things that annoying me most about pregnancy is feeling rough every morning, even now at 16+4 I have to take it easy when I first wake up for an hour or so otherwise I'll be sick x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I think what was worse was that it was said in front of loads of people, so I got embarrassed and defensive, just found it a bit mean!

My sickness stayed until about 16 weeks, but I'm ok now, so fingers crossed it stays away! :)

i know exactly what you mean, i accept the fact i am getting bigger but when someone out rightly at work says omg you loook reallly fat, i actually said i think your realy rude. grrrr people x

Know what you mean about the 'wait until after the babies here then you'll be tired' and ha you think thats painful wait for labour, we are well aware of this as pregnant women but i'm pretty damn sure we don't need people to keep telling us like it's a negative thing all the time!

Yes labour will hurt, but we will have our babies at the end of it.

My work colleagues keep telling me i will never be ready to leave the house before 2pm once hte babies here and i will spend the first three months in my pj's!

Someone else at work said yesterday, i'd love to be pregnant i don't want a baby at the end of it but it must be so amazing feeling pregnant! =/ I don't know if i'm the only one here but the sole purpose of pregnancy is for our baby's at the end! I hate pregnancy the only bit i like is the fact it'll be worth the sickness/tiredness etc because we will get our LO! Is that completely irrational? lol x

Last edited:
I HATE it when people (usually people I barely know) bring up pregnancy subjects that I desperately dont want to think about, never mind talk about! Things such as the pain of labour/tearing/financial worries!
SO inconsiderate! Cant they be happy talking about cute little socks and baby names instead?!

xxx

I think half the time they all think they're being really helpful and like to make a point that they've already done it all, but in the back of my mind I always want to ask them "did you get this from everyone when you were pregnant?', because surely everything they're telling you comes from their own experiences, and people are all different with how their babies are and how they cope, its not all textbook! Oooh I'm ranting again!!

Totally agree that for all the "bad" parts, we are pregnant to have a baby not for the sake of it, and please start talking about nice things like you said, names and clothes etc, much better.:D

Oh and I'd like to make the point that on the whole people are generally being great, but I think I'm stuck with these other people all day at work, so its hard to escape them!! Not long until maternity leave!! :p

i would just ignore them i had this throughout the entire early stages of my pregnancy and as soon as i set the straight it stopped and i started getting nice comments and people genuinely being interested. thee other thing in which annoyed me was we chose to find out the sex of our baby and i got people telling me oh but it's not a surprise then and if i were you i'd of stayed neutral! so one day i got really mad and said well your not me are you, it's my body and my baby and i will do what i please! it's your pregnancy Hun no one can tell you how you should look or feel or anything (well maybe only the midwife but then that's an exception) xxx

I can sympathise you, people can be so intrusive, I would never coment on someones weight! As for 'how big you look' screw them, you are doing something amazing hun.

I got quite upset last night....Went out for dinner with some ladies who I used to go to the gym with.... now I cnsider myself as a pretty fit person, spin three times a week, HIIT training and weight trianing alongside teaching karate.... one of the ladies turned around to me and said 'well if you were fitter then exercise during pregnacy would be no problem'.... Arghhhhhh!!

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it! xx

High 5 to this post! The cheek of some people, pfft!! You do get sick of those comments too, I know I am! I much prefer the nicer questions like 'boy or girl?' 'names yet?' or even a nice comment like 'oooh you look nice today' even if you know you look like s**t. YAY for ranting :D

Make a pregnancy ticker

I visited my parents yesterday, haven't seen them since about a week ago, and bump had a growth spurt during that week.

So anyway, my dad called me in to the other room so I could hear a new tune he learned to play on the guitar, and when he finished, I was about to give my feedback but he just pointed and said 'omg fatso!' GAH!!! Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Totally get this. I think people just seem to think they have free reign to say what they want to you when you're pregnant. My friends said they were going to take bets on how fat my ass was going to get! And they have no problem talking about the graphic details of labour in front of me - "imagine if you tear front to back, how vile will that be." Hmmm yes thanks for that. I wouldn't mind but none of them have kids i feel like saying just wait til this happens to you. It's not a joke, it is scary and they should have a bit more tact.

Having said that, i do think people often say things without thinking. The whole 'wait til babys born, you'll never sleep properly again' thing has been said to me by family, work collegues, people i barely know. They're probably only trying to make conversation but it can be annoying. Mostly i just smile sweetly and say 'well here's hoping i get a good baby'.

Good on you for saying something to the idiot who said that to you. Especially as it was in front of people. Sounds like you put them in their place...don't mess with a pregnant lady! xx

i'm sure people get tourettes around pregnant women!!

Glad it's not just me then, looks like people generally think they can say whatever they want to you if you're pregnant! I had another comment today when I was eating a chocolate bar about having to work that off later on, I just said nothing today, nobody bats an eyelid at what you're eating normally! Please don't let me turn into one of these people once the baby is here!!!!

i feel so sorry for any person who would dare say any of these things to me!
im so hormonal and pretty sure i wouldnt be able to hold my tongue and when it happens, i'll be doing it for all the pregnant ladies everywhere!! :) xxx

Getting everything out in the open always helps, personally I think you should just go with the flow with how you feel, if you want to rant have one. I feel I have been through so many different emotions, at the beginning of my preg I was so paranoid about weight gain cause pregnancy weight gain is something you can't control, i was also paranoid about stretch marks but now im 34 weeks got no stretch marks on belly but i do on my bum and last night noticed cellulite down the back of my thighs but I dont care anymore, its all for a good cause and it can be improved once baby is here.
Also at work they used to call me 'fat c**', chunky, fatty, biggy but I think this was only because they knew that I didn't care and knew I was pregnant and not fat. Sometimes I used to come back with calling them chunk ha xxxxxxx

I think I'm going to teach myself to stop giving a crap, I always worry what other people think of me, looks, personality etc, but as someone pointed out to me yesterday, "who gives a f**k?!", and if the fat comments carry on I like your style, just call them the same back , it'll soon shut them up!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back