Is this daft? Keeping a diary/ journal?

Misspooh123

Reaction score
Hello all,

Does anyone else keep a diary of events, appointments, etc?

We started one about a month or so ago and I have already written war and peace! I have to write it because my hubby's handwriting is horrendous.

We decided to do this because we have ended up with so many different tests and clinic appointments that is hard to keep track of it all. We have ended up being the middle men between doctors too, which is a head spinner.

I couldn't t believe how much crap we have gone through when I read back thorough it. We have had so many hurdles that at the time have been a kick in the teeth or difficult to deal with. But we dealt with it, calmed down and moved On. Reading it all gets my back up all over again about some stuff. In a way I don't want to forget it, because I would rather remember what we have had to go through and make sure incompetancies are dealt with and that we are getting the right information/ treatment.

Are we wrong to document all that happens with our case? We we giving ourselves extra stress where we could just deal with things on a day by day basis?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi misspooh, of course it's not silly! It's a good idea. It must be frustrating to have gone from one doctor to the next and having exoerienced the full extent of the sometimes inadequate nhs ttc care :(

What procedures/tests etc have you have done? How long have you been going theough this? I've just had blood tests, an ultrasound and waiting for an hsg or lap, but I've already been so frustrated by my GP and the unsympathetic attitude of some medical staff. Already I feel like I don't trust them to act in my interest and now I see that most decisions are made on the basis of money. Actually I think Ive started my own diary like yours, which was supposed to be a list of symptoms and questions to ask at my first proper gyno appt but turned into a full-on essay. You've inspired me to keep writing in it just incase I ever need it. Also, it would be a brilliant thing to show your child when their older- they will know how much we went through to get them and how wanted they were. Imagine reading it after you've had your baby!

I found writing it really helped me get rid of some steam after a bit of a traumatic experience (a horrendous AF which I think must have been a chemical/early miscarriage)

Really hope you have better luck and get your bfp v soon xxx

Ps. Maybe you should put test results seperately at the back, so you can refer to them without having to look through everything else and never read back unless you have a reason. You are only moving forward after all!

I think its a really good idea. I've just done a chronology & summary of all our tests for the fertility clinic because the hospital didn't have all the results from the doctor, so the hospital might not send over all the results to the clinic!
Similar to what Sunnyland says, maybe you could keep this info succinct then put your thoughts and feelings in a different place?

Hi sunny land &Blue - we got a book that's got a polly pocket system so I've done the very thing you were talking about and all the printed copies of results are in here and to hand if need be. :)
Been ttc for 19 months.
I've had 3 &21 day bloods, ultrasound, hubby's had 2SAs, waiting on a third, ultrasound, hormone bloods, and waiting on karyotyping. He also had a genotyping for a blood disorder which we found out yesterday was negative so happy days!
I agree it's good to write it all down and remind yourself why we are doing it too, venting on paper is fun! I get too carried away. Also it's handy to keep yourself right because there's so much going on. Blue I sympathise with you because we have the same problem with hospitals and clinic just not communicating. We end up doing it for them, which sucks because at the end of the day we are not doctors, but you do anything to make sure they have the right info and making right decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back