Have I become obsessed???

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
Dear ladies

Last night as I was getting into bed, my hubby pointed out to me (in a jokey way) how obessed we have become with the whole baby making thing and how many gadgets, creams, Ov sticks, HPT and supplements we have laying around the house. After we had had a good laugh about it, it actually got me thinking. :oooo:

He pointed out that that since I had got up yesterday morning (and before I even got out of bed) that I had done my temperature, I then POAS, (ovulation) At lunch time I went to the gym (for a good work out as have heard that exersise is good) I drank at least 6 glasses of water all afternoon. I POAS again in the afternoon. I came home and cooked an organic dinner for us both, POAS stick again in the evening, took my Agnus Cactus and Evening Primrose Oil, and insisted my hubby take his supplements. I then inserted some Pre- seed (15 minutes before) Then of course we DTD with 10 minutes of legs up. This couped with all the appointments we have had over the last 3 months!!! It was when I was actually getting into bed that i realised how right my hubby is and how much my day had been planed around baby making and ovulation !! :shock:

Don't get me wrong I will do what it takes to make a baby and we are so desperate plus it has been 2 and half years of trying without a single postive or sniff of one, but have I become a robot??? Does it take over our lives?should I take a step back and can we try too hard???

Gizzy xxxx

Ummm. No.

You can never try too hard :)

The stress thing isn't valid. People think they are "stressed" when they're not really. When people say stress can hinder conception it is based on the assumption that you are having sex less often due to the stress and not that stress directly impacts it.

Unless you are genuinely stressed and not eating, drinking, sleeping, functioning, ect and then can stop ovulating :oooo:

I wouldn't think it was necessary to POAS more than once per day and i don't think anyone needs to both temp and POAS - so maybe that is a place you can cut back?

I POAS with FMU for OV and i get lines no problem :)

hey gizzy, i feel the same, so if you're obsessed so am i! even if i'm not testing or doing anything pregnancy related it's still always on my mind. the only other thing i can compare it to is planning my wedding, but at least that only lasted 9 months! almost 2 years of thinking about baby-making is exhausting. best we can all do is realise when it's all getting to be too much and take a breather. whatever it takes to take your mind off it. easier said than done though eh? :hugs:

Just a tad :whistle:

:lol: Do whatever makes you happy and if that means poas many times a day (as I will be if the clinic tells me I should) then do it.

OH reminds me to take my meds, I'm trying to eat healthy, I get plenty of exercise by just being at work :lol: and I've already started hpt poas :wall2: x

:hugs:
We can all be a bit "obsessed" at times but to mr jus shows how we are mummys already with no baby - we are already fussing over them, taking temps to make sure were getting it right xx

Do what's best for you and go with the flow of what drs advise xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back