Is anyone looking forward to the birth??

nori

Reaction score
I think i maybe a bit wierd as im really excited about the birth and not atall nervous. I bought the hypnobirthing book and CD and have been reading that. I agree with the principle that fear creates more pain and have done some deep relaxation techniques in the past which i found beneficial for the pain i get from my crohns.

I must say that the book itself is a little over the top for me personally (dont think id feel happy with my birthing partner fondling my nipples during the birth) but i really want to go into the birth as relaxed as possible and with a positive attitude.

Others around me think im mad as they have been through birth and give great delight in giving me all the horendous details. Maybe im only like this as i havent had a child before, ive also has so many procedures in hospital im just grateful that birth is a natural one for a change.

Is there anyone else out there thats as crazy as me?

Claire

p,s.. please dont reply with anymore awful birthing experiences..but if you have any good ones, feel free to share! lol

Claire x

Hi Claire,

ooh me to, its my first as well and i absolutely cant wait!!
I have no nerves and iv spent time a fair amount of time in hospital as well so maybe that helps? its just so natural and i have absolutely no issues about being in hospital at all.
I cant wait till im past 38 weeks and suddenly something happens and i say the words "ooh im in labour"
tooooo exciting!! :cheer: :dance: :dance:

im really looking forward to it too, im looking forward to the pain ect and meeting my baby at the end

Hey Claire - I'm with you on that!

My birth experience wasn't exactly straight forward with my first, I ended up having an emergency c section but at the end of the day I got my beautiful daughter and she is a complete joy. I think you should be looking forward to the birth and meeting your little creation it's an amazing experience. There's no point in spending your pregnancy dreading what is going to happen at the end because it is inevitable whatever happens will happen and the best thing to do is to prepare yourself as much as possible and embrace it. Afterall that's what we are designed to do more than anything else - carry children! :hug:

nori said:
(dont think id feel happy with my birthing partner fondling my nipples during the birth)

:shock: How does that help?

I am looking forward to it. Just because I want to know what it's like. I'm sure I won't be thinking that at the time but I'm not really scared.

I don't enjoy being pregnant though so am just looking forward to the baby being here :D

xmcnickyx said:
nori said:
(dont think id feel happy with my birthing partner fondling my nipples during the birth)

:shock: How does that help?

:D

According to the book.. "with light nipple stimulation, not only are endorphines produced, but also the hormone oxytocin which naturally enhances uterine surges". interesting.... :think:

Wow thats weird about the whole nipple thing, i dont like OH playing with mine at the best of times :wink:
im totaly with you too. i was the same with my first, totaly exited, not scared at all, ignored anyone who had to tell me how painfull and awfull birth is. i was so posative and ready i was surprised at myself. i had a easy birth with only gas and air at the end it was fab and im totaly looking forward to it this time too :D im glad im not the only weird one hehe! when any of my pregnant friends tell me they are scared, i tell them its not like everybody makes out. its a wonderfull experience, dont worry :)

50% of me is looking forward to it, the other 50% isnt worried about labour, but I am worried about tearing (which I hear is a common worry for many women).

Im 80% sure I want to go for a hospital water birth, at least labouring in water......and want to avoid pain relief if possible, saying that after a few hours in labour I can see me screaming for an epidural :D

lol! welll i guess there is some truth in that....but yes, I cant imagine i would want my OH doing that while i'm giving birth, no matter what effect it has!! :wink:

I'm looking forward to the birth too and meeting our little person. I agree with you on the fact fear creates more pain and I'm hoping for a natural active birth with some gas and air. :D :D
I would like to use a birthing pool for labour but my hospital only has one and they probably save that for the people who want the full water birth...

EllieBelle said:
50% of me is looking forward to it, the other 50% isnt worried about labour, but I am worried about tearing (which I hear is a common worry for many women).

I wouldnt worry too much about tearing hun! Sounds bad but with all the pain you are already in, you wont notice if you do! I was cut and still tore with my first! I didnt feel it but it was bad! I also tore again with my other two! Again didnt feel it!

I cant wait for the birth!! :cheer: :cheer: I was petrified when I first found out but I have since had time to relax and remember that it isnt that bad! Only prob now is that because Im looking forwards to it, it is begining to drag lol

lisaspoon said:
I would like to use a birthing pool for labour but my hospital only has one and they probably save that for the people who want the full water birth...
They may have a big bath hun! I know my hospital this time has and the one I went too with the other had some too!

I was a lot like you and wasn't at all nervous or worried. I was calm and focused about it all and as my due date neared I felt ready and relaxed. I trusted my body and my instincts and had an amazing birth. It was hard work but I had the homebirth I had longed for and a beautiful baby boy at the end of it.

I never felt worried or anything before or during labour. I was ready for it, mentally and physically. I dealt with the pain of the contractions by focusing on my breathing and relaxing my body, not tensing up. Worked really well :)

I did do lots of reading and was aware of all my options and choices about giving birth but didn't scare myself silly with the 'what if's' I think it helped me have a better birth as I put my trust in myself to deliver our baby and not in staff at the hospital. I never wanted to have a medicalised birth (unless real medical need to) so did everything I could to ensure I knew what was what. Being informed made for a better birth I think.

I am going on a course in Oct as I feel really strongly about having a calm and positive birth experience - if you're interested this is the website - http://www.bristol-hypnobirthing.co.uk/index.htm
I think you're totally right about the fear thing....I am trying really hard to not get scared about birth as I know that will make it worse! Early days though...early days......

Good on you :hug: :hug: :hug:

I was like you. I didn't feel fear before giving birth and also read the Hypnobirthing book. I did some of the preparations suggested (e.g. I repeated some of the affirmations whilst swimming, such as 'I trust my body and follow it's lead'). If I am lucky enough to have another child I will want to do the full workshop!!!

During birthing I found the '20-20' breathing particularly useful. It wasn't easy to do towards the end but it made the waves (contractions) feel shorter!

I managed very well, but I wish I had had a home birth as the most stressful part of the experience was going to hospital. I wasn't able to concentrate and starting feeling pain. Once I got into the birthing pool there though I managed to get back on track and the baby was out before I knew it :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

What I would say though is that don't expect too much of yourself. Just in case you have a longer birthing etc it can become a little harder. One of my acquaintance did the hypnobirthing workshop and went telling about people who birthing doesn't need to be painful and she is going to have a natural home birth. As it happened after staying at home for two days she was transferred to hospital to have a c-section as her baby was nearly 11 lb. Sorry I didn't mean to scare you but it is better not to be too hard on yourself it things don't work out the way you planned... I never told anyone that I opted for a natural birth (just in case) but was over the moon when I managed one.

I see if I can find my birth story if you are interested to read it...

Good luck. Birthing CAN be a wonderful experience :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm really looking forward to giving birth and I am really hoping and praying that this time I am able to have a natural birth. I had to have an elective c-section with my daughter as she was breech, she couldn't be turned as I had extremaly low fluid levels. It wasn't the end of the world for me having a section, I was just happy that my daughter arrived safely. Afterwards I did fee like I'd missed out on the giving birth experience. So fingers crossed everything goes to plan this time round.

I would say though, be prepared for anything to happen while in labour, and don't beat yourself up if you do end up having a section/episotomy or whatever else may happen.

I really like the sound of the hynobirthing book you've got, might have a look for it myself.

I'm really looking forward to the birth! I had a fab experience last time, and can't wait to do it again!

I really really believe that a positive attitude makes a huge difference to how you cope in labour. I wasn't worried at all & had a 2 1/2 hour labour with no pain relief (birth story in my sig if you fancy a read!).

Now that is a birth story I like, Maybebaby - sounds like it was calm and quick! lets hope they'll be lots of those to come for all of us :)

oh really lea? thanks!! I may investigate when I get further on ;)
xxxxx

I was looking forward to it but now that I've realised I've only got 5 weeks until I'm full term I'm starting to feel a bit nervous about it but I have my birthing classes in september so hopefully I will be fully prepared!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back