Looking round the hospital???

Kim

Reaction score
I can't decide whether to have my baby in hospital or at a birthing centre. I have drawn up a list of pros and cons and they are the same for each!!

Does anyone know if it is possible to look round them before the birth to decide, and how I would go about this?

I think you can do this as part of ante natal classes. But otherwise ask your midwife and she should be able to arrange something for you

you midwife should know all of this

xxxxxxxx

My local hospital has an open evening the 2nd Monday of every month. We went to the last one to reassure myself more than anything about hospital births.

I was given information about the open evening from my midwife and again when I went for my 12 week scan.

My local hospital has "show around" evenings on tuesdays and sundays so i just had to ring them up so they could book me and OH in.

So you dont necesarily need to speak to midwife first just try ringing your local hospital for details!

Im looking around mine on tuesday, cant wait!!!

steph and bump x

I did the tour of my hospital a couple of weeks ago, they do one every saturday, if you call the delivery suite they should be able to tell you when it is. normally you have to call an hour before hand though to check they are not to busy to show you round. I found it really helpfull to do the tour and have since actually changed my mind on what type of birth I want!

Thanks guys!! I'll let you know how I get on!

I want to do a tour aswell, because i am torn between havin my baby in the hospital or at the birth centre. Decisions decisions, i keep changin my mind, so i think a tour will be great if i could have one, i dnt think there is a great rush yet, so mite enquire in to it when i have my next scan, becuase i had already chossen a hospital (midwife put me on the spot wen i first met her, and made me choose, ohh i hate her), i sed i wanted to change and they sed it was bbet if i waited a little longer untill all the important parts e.g. like scans are done, or i could have to wait longer for them.

bec x x

I rang up the hospitals I wanted to look round and booked a tour with each. Hope you like what you see of the birthing centre. xx

I don't know if to ring the hospital or my midwife. My midwife doesn't answer calls she just has an answerphone and rings you back, so may not get any joy from her, so may cut out the middle man and ring the hospital. Arrrgg I hate ringing people!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back