Is a changing table really necessary?

Izzy

Reaction score
We have got a pine baby wardrobe for LO's bedroom given to us already, but haven't bought a dresser yet.

Originally i was going to get one of the cheaper ones with the bath underneath, but decided not to because they don't last very long, give enough storage, or look that practical.

I was talking to my mum last night and she said just to get a normal chest of drawers for his room, because you always end up changing the baby on the floor or bed anyway.

Is she right? Is a baby dresser a waste of money? Do you have one?

Thanks for any comments :eek:)

Izzyx

waste of money, i could not be bothered to walk upstairs everytime I changed Damien just to get use out of it.

Never really used mine either,wont get one this time round :D xx

waste of time, cos as soon as they start moving around you'll do it on the floor, half the time i never even use a change mat!

I've never had a changing table. I keep a changing mat under the sofa in the lounge and pull it out when I need it.

Hypnorm said:
waste of time, cos as soon as they start moving around you'll do it on the floor, half the time i never even use a change mat!

LOL same! Gave up when Damien was about 5-6 months old, he just rolled off it anyway when i turned to get the wipes :D

last week i took braydon away he slept in his travel cot that has a chaning thing on the top. didnt use it ones easier to do it on the floor i think

waste of money!! i never had much room so never bothered with one!

I used to have a desk in Ella's room, used the shelves for nappies, drawers for toiletries and changed her on top on a mat.

Now she's bigger I got rid of it and just do her nappy on the floor :D

I paid £100 for one that i have in my livingroom and i still change Aimee on the floor!

Hi

We bought a cheap set of drawers from Ikea and made it nicer by adding kiddy handles then put the changing mat on top (it's stuck down with those sticky velco circles). In the top drawer there's vests, babygros, nappies, wipes, nappy sacks and cream then the bottom two drawers have the clothes that don't get hung up.

Her nappy bin ( a £1 plastic bin from Ikea) and her linen basket (again cheapy from Ikea) are next to the drawers so I find it a doddle to change her there first thing and dress her then again before her bath - saves me picking up nappy sacks and dirty clothes from everywhere!

Downstairs I use the Huggies changing bag that I keep stocked in the living room.

Lucy

I was given one but have not used it. I would not have paid for one. I change Oliver on the floor.

Jadie

best buy i have ever had, dont no where ild be with out it, you are only ment to use them up till 1yrs old im still using it for Dior lol

i nearly bought one but glad i didnt as they are such a waste of money, i ended up keeping a changing mat behind the sofa and changing him on the floor....so much easier!! :D

i had two for when Coby was born,

once for in the bedroom and one for downstairs, (im lazy! lol)

when we moved i got rid of one and just had one upstairs, i still use that first thing in the morning and last thing at night coz its a chest of draws too so has all his clothes in, but in the day time i change him on the floor in the front room

xx

One thing i have found that comes in handy is one of the changing mats that go over the cot. Put it out of the way when its not needed but easy to get out with one hand. Only cheap too!

how do u lot all change on the floor??? i think its cause my belly is so flabby still i cant breath when i bend over :rotfl:

One thing i have found that comes in handy is one of the changing mats that go over the cot. Put it out of the way when its not needed but easy to get out with one hand. Only cheap too!

yh for Harleys room i have gothttp://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.asp ... ref=Search

only £1 from a carboot :)

I don't have a changing table. I change Lydia on a mat on the floor.

urchin said:
I've never had a changing table. I keep a changing mat under the sofa in the lounge and pull it out when I need it.

lol yeh I have one under my sofa aswell. And one in the bedroom.

Layla said:
still use that first thing in the morning and last thing at night coz its a chest of draws too so has all his clothes in, xx

Same as that! I use it to get him changed etc but night i do it on my bed and day on the floor... unless its a BIG poo then he is upstairs but mine is also a chest of draws so when i dont use it (when he starts to get mobile) its not a waste of money xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back