changing table, help!?

isobel84

Reaction score
My mum told me yesterday she will pay for my changing table, i didnt expect this as it will cost her alot of money to come here from sweden, she will come once before the baby and once after when its just born.

So she told me i dont have to get the cheapest one, she want me to get one im happy with so i need some advise on good changing tables?

I want one with good storage and if possible i want space on the table itself for the wipes and things i need. also i want one that is very stable.

In sweden we have totally diferent changing units so dont think im stupid but the ones ihave seen here.. the baby lays like horisontal from you? i mean do you change the baby from the side and not with the bum facing you. haha god im sorry i dont know how to explain how i mean. :whistle:

Mine was just a cheap one with like a tray on the bottom, but I knoow you can get them where the top sort of swivels round so baby's looking at you if that makes sense?! Try somewhere like john lewis they do nice ones :)

Mine is from John lewis i think it was £200 or £250. It has loads of space on the top, 3 big drawers and 2 little ones at the top. seems very sturdy.

They do have some good ones which are just shelves though and they seem just as good, we just wanted to save space really :)

I have found for bulky stuff like this, Local Ebay has been absolutely amazing, we have a crib with bedding set for just 15quid which we went and picked up
we have a cot for 30quid which we also went and picked up

I have just found an oak Mamas and papas changing table for 35quid that we can pick up on the way to the South West Pregnancy Forum Meetup on Friday!

Which is ace :D

Oh and if you type 'Local Ebay' into google and go to the first site you will work it out pretty quick i am sure :)

the cheapest changing unit you will get is roughly £95 very sturdy loads of storage etc try argos ebay local baby stores etc

I havent got a changing table yet...its not even on my list. OOOPS! Is it a 'must have' item? I thought we'd got all the expensive stuff out the way! I hope you find a nice one, thats really sweet of your mum :)

i am getting one because i need somewhere to store the massive pile of re-usable nappies! i think if we were using disposibles it would be less essencial :)

I have this one and it's great. It has an arch with toys on to keep a tiny baby occupied on there, which you can remove when they get bigger. It has loads of storage and a drawer to the side, just under the table to keep the wipes etc in. You can also remove the mat and use it as a dresser when no longer needed as a changer.

From Babies R Us :)

8609754601434688.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back