changers

leckershell

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered, how do you change your baby? Not like the actual changing.. I mean do you have a cot top changer, a dresser unit with a changer on, use a changing mat on a table, use a changing mat on the floor etc..

OH said his mum just used the floor, but wouldn't that really do your back in after a while?

Just after some idea really of what you've all found to be the most comfortable option for you and for baby too.. we haven't bought anything yet but I'm thinking we probably should?

Michelle x

Both my sister and my friend mostly used the floor. Occasionally my friend used the top of a dresser that was at waist height. Neither of them appeared to have appreciable back problems.

always used my knee - the changing mat was only ever used to put a towel on and let DS have a kick around naked - to stop any accidents marking the floor :rotfl:

i put willow on changing mat on her changing table but she is getting big now so will move to the floor soon.

I have a cot top changer upstairs which I always use after baths and a changing table in the living room which I only use if I'm in a rush. Its handy for Aimee so she can't run off but I tend to change and dress Nathan on the floor. I'll be keeping it for a while yet cos its where I keep all my nappy changing stuff and their night clothes.

i mostly use the changing mat on the floor, if i cant b bothered 2 get it out its just my knee lol
x sophie x

I have this....

S5000681.jpg

But i only use it when Keeley comes out the bath or if she poo's at night other times i change her on the floor :)

i just use a changing mat on the floor downstairs but upstairs i have a cot top changer upstairs whih i use in the morning to dress her or when shes had a bath

I used a changer which is on top of the chest of drawers unit in the nursery for about 4-5 weeks and then I started using a changing mat on the floor. Now I either change Jake on the floor or on my lap. I wouldn't bother buying a special changing unit unless it come with your nursery suite as you probably won't use it for long.

I just used a changing mat on the floor with my daughter. I was too afraid to used one of those changing mat stands or anything high, incase Tia rolled off and hurt herself badly. The floor's much safer, where was she going to go when she rolled... and boy...dont they just love practicing that new skill once they have learnt it!!! :rotfl:

I had a changing table upstairs and I just used a changing mat on the floor when I was down stairs.

changing mat on the coffee table lol

Changing mat on the floor, or on my knee. No back problems at all

i will probably use a changing mat on the floor aswell as my aunties did with my cousins :)

I use a changing mat on the floor also.I do ocassionally just change Dylan on the bed or sofa but there have been accidents :rotfl: I thought i was too old to get a wet bed

Changing mat on the floor since the day i brought her home from the hospital.

We have a changing mat on top of the chest of drawers, I can't change on the floor too often as it kills my back :roll: so COD is the right height to not bend forward.
I'm thinking of gettng a cot top changer though so that I can put the storage boxes back on the COD. We have an apartment though so its not like I have to go all the way upstairs for every nappy :D

Oh, also on a weird note.....don't ask me why but the other night I dreamt you had a baby boy :shock:

I was just talking about this with my sister had 3 babies and sever SPD so couldn't easily get down to the floor or keep trekking upstairs so if she was downstairs she always changed her babies on her knee and reckoned it meant she could basically change her babies anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back