I'm so angry..UPDATED PG3, RSPCA inspector visit

Snuggle

Reaction score
As you may or may not know, we bought a puppy a few weeks ago who is an English Bulldog crossed with an Old Tyme Bulldog. The advert was on a pets4homes site and we paid £850 for her. We went to the breeders home and she had several puppies in the garden. Some were boxer puppies with tails and some were supposedly the Bulldog cross pups which didnt have tails. We saw the mother who was a taller version of an English Bulldog but only saw a photo of the Dad. Anyway, the pups obviously came with no papers as they are crossbreed so we took the breeders word for it that they were infact bulldogs (and obviously believed her because they had no tails too). I had ours at the vet today and he told me that our pups tail has been illegally docked :evil: :evil: and that in his professional opinion she is a Boxer and not a Bulldog :evil: Now I know we should have used a reputable breeder so please dont preach to me about this, we have learned our lesson the hard way. I want to report the breeder for tail docking but who do I report her to? We cant get some of our money back (Boxers go for around £400 so we have lost out on £450) because we dont have a copy of the advert stating that the pups are bulldogs so it seems she will get away with it and there's nothing we can do :wall:

i *think* you can report her about the docking to any dog people the rspca (although i doubt they will do much) kennel club may be able to help even contact your local police they may be able to do something for you or help you with reporting her,
dogs are only allowed to be docked now if they are proven to be working dogs, you may have to watch this if you go on to sell the dog as its docked people might think you requested this yourself :( sad but true.
good luck hun
xx

Definately the RSPC, i am pretty sure that they are obliged to at least chase up on any cruelty cases.
The phone number is 0345 1234 999
your not gonna loose anything by calling them.
these things make me sooo angry!!!

HTH

Awww hun, I thought you knew it was a Boxer... I could tell by the pics as she is just the double of my friends Boxer as a pup.
:hug:

I would suggest calling the kennel club first of all.

Aw hun i'm sorry x

ring the rspca even if its not them who your report it to i'm sure they'd give you the correct number.

Or ring watchdog!

I know this doesnt help, but boxers are lovely dogs x

Aww hun, I am so sorry, tail docking is such a cruel thing to do... :wall: :x :cry: I am with the others RSPCA will at least be able to tell you who to contact. On the other hand, I am sure you are in love with her now and wouldnt change her for the world...boxers are super dogs, one of the best breeds with babes. :D

Lisa

SarahH said:
Awww hun, I thought you knew it was a Boxer... I could tell by the pics as she is just the double of my friends Boxer as a pup.
:hug:

I would suggest calling the kennel club first of all.

Ahhh I thought that too :( my mate has a lil boxer pup and yours looks just like her.

You may have lost out on the money but i would def report them, even if thats all you can do. People like that will keep on scamming innocent families (and docking innocent puppies), so *hopefully* someone can do something about it. You have got a gorgeous pup tho :) so not all is lost. We got Blue, our whippet from a woman who had a 'genuine' reason for sale and showed me a 'letter' from her landlord saying he was going to evict her for having 2 many dogs. Turns out she wanted obscene amounts of money for the 2 whippets and a husky. We fell in love with Blue, but i beleive it was a sob story put together to get as much money as poss of potential buyers. OH agreed and it turns out we were right when we saw her a few months later at the RSPCA buying more dogs!!! :evil:

Hubby has just been on phone to breeder and she panicked and told us to take pup back and she would give us the money back :evil: She is not going back there, she is staying here and we are reporting them for tail docking. The breeder swore on the bible that she hasnt docked the tails and that she isnt a Boxer but we just dont believe her. Its a good job we love Boxers :wink:
Thanks for your replies everyone :hug:

so how would the tail be docked if she hadnt done it?
dogs aint born with stumpy tails silly women
glad your keeping the dog though
just be carefull in the future people prey on other that no nothing about dog types
xx

Bulldogs are born without tails, they just have stumps. She has sent me a picture of the mother to prove that she's not a boxer and this is what she sent....looks like a Boxer to me! This is not the dog she showed us when we were there :wall:

Scampismum.jpg

Snuggle said:
Bulldogs are born without tails, they just have stumps. She has sent me a picture of the mother to prove that she's not a boxer and this is what she sent....looks like a Boxer to me! This is not the dog she showed us when we were there :wall:

Scampismum.jpg

looks like boxer to me... my friend breeds them...they're lovely dogs...boisterous but lovely :lol:

That looks like a boxer to me, and if I'm not mistaken (and I wish to god I was :evil: ) it looks like it's had it's ears cut too.

Nasty nasty lady, call the RSPCA or police, they have an animal welfare bureau to deal with people like this!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

LaineyG said:
That looks like a boxer to me, and if I'm not mistaken (and I wish to god I was :evil: ) it looks like it's had it's ears cut too.

Nasty nasty lady, call the RSPCA or police, they have an animal welfare bureau to deal with people like this!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

i hadn't noticed that but i think you're right lainey

that dog is a boxer
bulldogs are born with tail proper ones anyway they are curly and small if its a stump its been docked :hug:
xx

We are reporting them for the tail docking, that is all we can do due to not getting a receipt or the litter being registered. Scampi (our pup) is staying put with us as we love her to death. I dont want any contact with the breeder anymore, they are just lying over and over so they can be dealt with by the proper authorities now and get what they deserve.
Thank you for all your replies and here's a pic of our cutie

121.jpg

oooohhhhhh she's lush!!!!!!

and those are big paws she has to grow into!!!!!

Good on you Snuggle! If you report her and the authorities visit to investigate they'll notice the ear cutting too.

Scampi is absolutley beautiful! She's landed on all four big puppy feet with you to look after her!

LaineyG said:
Good on you Snuggle! If you report her and the authorities visit to investigate they'll notice the ear cutting too.

Scampi is absolutley beautiful! She's landed on all four big puppy feet with you to look after her!

Awww thank you :hug: Sure she wouldnt agree with you right now as she got all muddy on her walk and has just had a bath...not her favourite activity :wink:

I have phoned and reported the breeder (thanks for the number Fluffy Bunny) and they will be letting me know the outcome when the investigation ends. I have said they can inspect my pup as proof of tail docking if they want to as I dont think the breeder has any pups left at her property. Fingers crossed she gets what she deserves :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back