I'm a bit all over the place with names

TORino

Reaction score
Lol.

I want to choose a name for my child that is not massively popular in my family/area. Something that is a little different. I keep finding names that are Irish/Welsh that I really like but Felipe thinks its a bit odd.

So I said how about something with a Scottish origin (both our grandparents are scottish and our last name is Robertson)

So, I have come up with:

Fraser....

And I am greeted with a face like this :shock: from my OH.

I really like it. Fraser Robertson, sounds like a person you wouldn't mess with hahaha.

Does anyone have any other scottish suggestions for me, the list I have is a bit random and I can't pronounce half of them.

Douglas! It's my OH's name, and it's going to be baby's middle name as well :love:

Hey hun,

We might be going with Brodie, which is Scottish, but not sure on spelling yet (ie appears to be Scottish spelling and Brody - which I prefer I think - appears to be Irish or English).

Other Scottish names for you...

Callum
Ruairidh (Ruer-ree - kinda like rory)
Ewan/Euan
Blair

xxx

There's some quite odd scottish names, my DH's dad is scottish and his middle name is Peters. That's right, Peters. But I think its pretty cool.

There's also:
Greggor
Jock
Stuart
Hamish
Campbell

But I do actually quite like Fraser :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I love Fraser and Hamish , both go nicely with your surname. I also like names that are not so common, better for your child when at school. I used to know a scotish boy called Angus , that was lovely

Last edited:
Logan and Craig are scottish too, my OHs family n Craig is their family name so our LO will have craig as its middle name if its a boy :)

x

I'm Scottish and I think Fraser goes really well with your surname :)
Hector, Archie, Harris and Lewis are a couple of more ideas. I love traditionally Scottish names but our surname is Mackay so I could end up with a very stereotypcial sounding Scottish baby lol!

Thanks ladies :)

I'm trying to work on oh with Fraser, I think it's cool...

I like Fraser hun!! Yes work on OH!!!!! I got my way with my sons name!!! Like you I love unusual different names
( Roman is his name btw, not Scottish though and dont know any Im afraid! ) Good luck. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back