Flowery names

Rachey

Reaction score
No I'm not looking to give our boy a flowery name lol!

Was looking at names today and came across a big list of flowery baby names, I'm sure a couple of people have mentioned that they would like to use a flowery name for their girl?

Just thought I would post some of the more unusual ones incase anyone wanted a wee look :)

Avalon - Meaning "apple"
Ayanna - "Beautiful flower."
Enya - An Irish name, meaning "kernel"
Fleur - French for "flower"
Posy - Originally a short form of Josephine, surprisingly enough, but now very much a flower name.
Primrose - Another name of Latin origin, meaning "first rose."
Rosy, Rose, Rosalind, Rosalyn - Rose names.
Tamara - Tamara is a Hebrew name, meaning "palm tree."
Jasmine
Alyssa
Aven
Blossom
Willow
Fern
Hazel
Marigold
Violet
Lily
Heather
Ivy
Holly
Bryony

There's a few there I think are really cute, maybe a bit too unusual for me but they might come in useful to someone :) x

Lily & Alyssa were on my list for girls...

Wont be calling my boy a flowery name either Rachey :) xx

They're probably my favourite names there too Stacey :) I quite like Ayanna and Holly too!

I'm over the moon to be having a boy :D Athough I do love all the pretty girly flowery names :(

x

You could always name your boy Herb ;-)

Last edited:

Hahaha I will suggest that to OH when he is home! Can't wait to see his face :p

How are you feeling Amanda? Hope you have been getting lots of rest since coming out of hospital :)

Last edited:

Hahaha I will suggest that to OH when he is home! Can't wait to see his face :p

How are you feeling Amanda? Hope you have been getting lots of rest since coming out of hospital :)

I'm fine thanks Rachey - had a scan last week and placenta has moved back up a bit so am pretty sure everything is back to how it should be (placenta still low but not so low that's it's causing any bleeding). Have another scan in 3 weeks for final deciscion about natural delivery or c section. I'm pretty much back to normal really - not going back to work but am keeping busy enough at home. All my problems now are normal pregnancy niggles - lack of sleep, restless legs, indigestion, feeling like a beached whale...ha ha!!! Hope you're well too :) xxx

I'm fine thanks Rachey - had a scan last week and placenta has moved back up a bit so am pretty sure everything is back to how it should be (placenta still low but not so low that's it's causing any bleeding). Have another scan in 3 weeks for final deciscion about natural delivery or c section. I'm pretty much back to normal really - not going back to work but am keeping busy enough at home. All my problems now are normal pregnancy niggles - lack of sleep, restless legs, indigestion, feeling like a beached whale...ha ha!!! Hope you're well too :) xxx

That's great that your placenta has moved up a bit hun! So hopefully at your next scan it will have moved a little more and you can have a natural delivery? :)

Glad to hear you're feeling much better now :) I'm starting to feel like a bit of a whale already at 20 weeks so god knows how you feel! :rofl:

xxx

Last edited:
Yes am a bit scared at thought of naural delivery though! But then c-section isn't an easy option....think I'd just rather miss the birth part altogether, lol!!! I've been feeling really big and uncomfortable for the last couple of weeks - have had a real growth spurt - my bump was always pretty small compared to others but now I'm huge!! xxx

Yes am a bit scared at thought of naural delivery though! But then c-section isn't an easy option....think I'd just rather miss the birth part altogether, lol!!! I've been feeling really big and uncomfortable for the last couple of weeks - have had a real growth spurt - my bump was always pretty small compared to others but now I'm huge!! xxx

Ohh yeah I know what you mean, atleast with a c-section it would be over and done with I suppose lol! Would be great if we could miss out the labour part hahaha :)

Can't believe you've only 8 weeks to go! Everything seems to be going so quickly xxx

Why does the name Tamara make me think of Princess Tamara? Is there a Princess called Tamara :lol: x

Just googled it and Katie Price's daughter is Princess Tiaamii, maybe that's where I've got it from lol silly me! x

Last edited:
I like flowery names (and I'm not girly!)

I had Zinnia on my list when pregnant, but we had a boy

I have three boys now, but my one girl is called Briony , (also on your list!) she is the only one in her whole junior school, which she loves - but it is actualy a weed! ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back