I need a first name to go with middle name Lisa?

Lynds77

Reaction score
Hubbys little sister died when they were wee, and her name was Lisa. So he wants our baby if its a girl to have the middle name Lisa. The problem is, all the names I like really dont go with Lisa! OH is from Irish origin and I am Scottish.

eg Alyssa, Elle, Leila, April, Elise, Elysia (I know i seem to have a theme here!)

only thing we have so far is Cora Lisa or Freya Lisa. We did also like Ellie-Lisa but when you put our surname of Farrelly onto that it becomes a bit of a mouthful! Ellie lisa Farrelly. A few too many L's i think.

Help!

You have Elise on your list, why no have Elisa and then that incorporates Lisa in the 1st name?

hiya, just a few that popped into my head
Mary-anne Lisa
Marianne Lisa
Amelie Lisa
Emma Lisa

xx

thanks ladies. I will ask him about the Elisa, I like that name. Not sure what his parents would think of us having it as a first name, but its more an "in honor of" name rather than the name itself.

What about Lisa being the first name and just calling her by her middle name? My cousin is called Dorothy Eva (Dorothy being after our nan), but since she's been born she's been Eva.

What about Lisa being the first name and just calling her by her middle name? My cousin is called Dorothy Eva (Dorothy being after our nan), but since she's been born she's been Eva.

no dont think we can have Lisa as a first name, every time i see her grave I would shudder! It would also kinda feel like we are taking the name away from her, if you know what i mean!
x

no dont think we can have Lisa as a first name, every time i see her grave I would shudder! It would also kinda feel like we are taking the name away from her, if you know what i mean!
x

I agree with you. My hubby wanted to name our LO after my sister originally but I wanted her to have her own name, and I didn't want her to think we were trying to make her just like my sister when she is older. I think you will be able to work it out to have Lisa as her middle name and have the first name you love. Good luck!

Cora Lisa is lovely! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I also thought Elisa covered it really nicely too from your list, not using the sisters name , but a fitting tribute to her. (it's like a modern twist on Lisa)

I do really like Cora though, lovely and unsual! How about Cora Elise Farrelly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back