welsh names...

Bryn was my second choice when I had my second son! We went with Toby in the end, but still love it.

My eldest is Rhys Jones! doesn't get more welsh than that.

My sisters middle name is welsh Meridith , which she hates and I love!

I do love Ffion and Lowri and Morwena

Lloyd is on our boys list and apparently that's welsh

Bryn was my second choice when I had my second son! We went with Toby in the end, but still love it.

My eldest is Rhys Jones! doesn't get more welsh than that.

My sisters middle name is welsh Meridith , which she hates and I love!

I do love Ffion and Lowri and Morwena

my doll was called Lowri :love:

Rhys anc Cerys - Morgan is nice too and is multi boy or girl - we wanted irish names but not fond of the irish version of one we liked so sticking to normal x

there are many nice welsh names out there . . .

(boys)
mervin
alain
gareth
lloyd
owian
iwan
brynly (my grandads name)
. . . many more

(girls)
gwyneth
brownwen
rhiannon
morgana
tegan
. . . many more also!!!

my sisters name is welsh. Carys pronounced like Paris but with a C

I've got a baby name book and they list Welsh names in the back... heres a few:

Angharad, Bryn, Carys, Catrin, Ceri, Dai, Dylan, Elen, Elin, Elwyn, Evan, Gareth, Geraint, Huw, Idris, Ieuan, Islwyn, Mari, Megan, Meirion, Meredith, Morgan, Nerys, Nesta, Nia, Nye, Olwen, Owen, Rhiannon, Rhys, Sian, Sion, Tegwen, Teleri, Trystan.

aww my lil one is going to be called dylan.... i didnt know it was welsh.. :D I love it!

The only welsh name I know is "Rhonwyn" x Pronounced Ron-win x

Its a girls name x

I am welsh... cant speak fluently but grandparents on mine and oh's sides do and so pick up bits from them. I am definitely going to try learn more, and am going to contact twf this week, i have the details on my notes folder and scan pic wallet. Not finding out sex and up to now we cant decide between Ieuan or Iwan for a boy. As for girls names... havent got a clue yet! x

:love: I love Ieuan! I think if we ever have another boy Ill push for that one. Twf are really good, get the free CD.

I'm Welsh!
Um there's lots..

Carys (F))
Rhys (M)
Rhyan (M)
Osian (M)
Dafydd (M)
Gwendolyn (F)
Idelle (F)
Rhian/Rhiannon/Rianna/Rian (F)
Dylan (M)
Tudor (M)
Vaughan/Vaughn (M)
Evan (M)
Kane (M)
Morgan (F/M)
Gareth (M)
Gavin (M)
Llewellyn (M)
Meaghan/Megan/Meghan/Meghann (F)
Glyn (M)
Jennie/Jeni/Jeniffer/Jenifer/Jennifer/Jenna/Jenny (F)
Kai (M)
Teagan/Tegan (F)
Wyn (M)
Wynne (F)
Elen (F)
Trevor (M)
Trystan/Tristan/Tristen/Tristian/Tristin/Triston/Tristyn/Trysten/Tryston (M)

There's loads more but I just can't think of any others :p
Hope I helped!

Oh and:
Ffion (F)
Tomos (M)
Owain (M)
Aled (M)
Bethan (F)
Elin (F)
Alys (F)
Lynn (F)
Ceri (F)
Caitlyn (F)

Seren is on our short list as is rhian

for the none welsh the name sian is pronounced sharn im english and worked with a girl with the name sian only her parents pronounced it seann pointless info really but thought id share lol

at the moment its a toss up between trystan, evan or macsen! I think baby mac sounds soooo cute! x

at the moment its a toss up between trystan, evan or macsen! I think baby mac sounds soooo cute! x

I love evan :D I wanted evan as it was my mums madien name so though it would be nice but typical husband doesnt like it :(

The only Welsh name I know is Talitha (I think it's Welsh anyway) and I think it's v.pretty. It gets shortened to Taz which is quite quirky as well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back