I will be 2 weeks over due on the 31st December

Countrybumpkin

Reaction score
I am and i shouldn't really be worrying about this at the moment, but on the 31st December i will be 2 weeks over due. Like they are going to see me then, which will mean that I would be left until the 4th Jan, due to bank holiday Monday. Why i am worried is i know to very sad endings with friends who have been left over due. This is why it is worrying me.

If i go over due, do i push to be seen a week earlier, to be induced, or will they take into account of New year break and make sure i am in a few days before, or lets hope that i am on time or a little early??

Sorry i know it sounds a really silly thing to be getting my knickers in a twists about, and so early on, but for some silly reason i can't stop thinking about it.

Anyone else had a baby over the Christmas or New year holidays that can share good stories, might help put my mind a little more at rest.

Hey hun... I'm in the same boat as you... been a worry on my mind too. My original due date was 17th/18th Dec and was brought forward to 13th Dec on my 12 week scan. However, even though at the moment I am slightly earlier - it still worries me as I know a friend of mine who's first pregnancy was 16 days late :-( Let's hope someone can help us on this! :) xx

i doubt they would risk your baby cuz of bank holiday?

They are quite flexible towards the end. My midwife keeps saying that if I wanna see her if Im worried about anything or just want my BP checked then I just gotta ring her. If youre anxious about going overdue make sure you tell them this at the time and they'll probably put you in early. I dont think they work to very rigid rules. I know a friend who just felt so awful that she was induced when she was only 3 days past her due date cos she begged :lol:

I'm sure if you needed to be induced etc they would do it regardless what date it was hun. The MW at our antenatal classes said that if for example a woman had her baby on Christmas Eve and went home later that day - a MW would be there for the first home visit on Christmas Day regardless. She said her job was a 365 day a year job so I wouldn't worry :) X

Hospitals/Midwives are a 24hour service 365 days of the year. They won't risk your babies life just because its new years or christmas.
Try not to stress too much about it hunny. (I know that can be easier said than done!)

The only thing you may notice is the midwifes/nurses changing shift more often, as they probably take shorter shifts on christmas day/new years.

Last edited:
I'm due a day before you and hadn't thought about this yet.... I'm more worried at the moment that the baby will come too early...

It would be nice if the baby comes before Christmas but if he/she doesn't then as the girls have said before me, midwives are around 24/7 and we'll be induced in good time! Try not to worry!

my brother in law is a nurse and sister a trainee midwife, they have both worked every xmas day for the last couple of years, surgeons/doctors/nurses/midwives always have to be working otherwise what would all the people in a and e do on xmas day! :-O

But seriously i wouldnt worry hun they have exactly the same number of staff on during bank holidays as usual xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back