Due in December?

Julie84

Reaction score
Is anyone else due in December getting fed up of the silly comments people feel the need to make?!

I'm due the 28th December.

I've just gone back to work after almost 2 weeks off and lots of people have come up to me and said 'ooh, I hear congratulations is in order' all excited and everything. I say thank you, grining from ear to ear.

Then they ask when baby is due, I tell them and suddenly they look less excited and I get comments like 'ah, well that's a shame' or 'never mind, I'm sure it will still be nice' or ' that wasn't very well planned' and the worst yesterday - 'what a rubbish Christmas you'll be having'. :evil:

I swear, if I hear it one more time I will not be held accountable for my actions! If I had a choice I probably wouldn't choose for the baby to be born near Christmas (because poor love will have a long wait between getting presents - no other reason). But this Christmas will be the best Christmas ever, what a lovely present. I also much prefer the idea of labouring during winter rather than a heatwave! :oops:

I know why people are saying these things, but the way they say them, and the fact they are saying it to the very hormonal one carrying said baby, is really upsetting me. :cry:

My uncle and dad were born on 30th and 31st December respectively and mw was born on my due date so luckily all my family (and mw) seem more than happy with when the baby is due to turn up. :) Neil and I just want a healthy baby and don't care if it turns up on Christmas day itself.

(Sorry for the rant! :oops: )

Horatio is due to be born on 2nd January so I'm already mentally preparing for giving birth on Christmas day or New Year's eve. We think we might give him/her an official birthday in summer just like the Queen, so that the presents can be spaced out a bit. Especially should s/he be born on Christmas day.

Just ignore the nay-sayers. They're idiots anyway. It's brilliant that you're having a child and it doesn't matter much when it's born. Also, it's probably much nicer to be heavily pregnant in winter, than in the summer heat. Swings and roundabouts really.

Tell them to piss off!

My birthdays 28th december so you're baby has a cracking due date :wink:

We are gonna have the greatest christmasses, and all this negative people can kiss my massive stretchmarked arse!!

(someones hormonal lol)

:hug:

ninjawomble said:
We are gonna have the greatest christmasses, and all this negative people can kiss my massive stretchmarked arse!!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ninjawomble, I love you! :rotfl: :cheer: With those mental images, I will have to try hard not to break into raucous laughter should anyone else say something similar! :rotfl:

Julie84 said:
Ninjawomble, I love you! :rotfl: :cheer: With those mental images, I will have to try hard not to break into raucous laughter should anyone else say something similar! :rotfl:

I aim to please :wink:

Hi Julie,

Yep, i am due i december too and get all those comments, i however think its quite a nice time to have baby because you can be all cosy and babyish inside when outside its all cold and christmassy!! i am looking forward to te whole thing and i think it will make our christmas - a real improvement on having to go visit either set of parents for the day and a perfect excuse to say 'we're not making plans for christmas this year' hurray!!!!!

hayleyxx :)

My baby's due Removed personal information even if it comes Christmas bloody day it's still my baby and I'll be over the moon to have it!

If anyone says anything to me about a Christmas baby, I just say I'd rather have a Christmas baby than no baby at all.

Last edited:
Im due in Jan, but had various comments from my mother.........one of them being, well that wasnt well planned was it, it will be cold & snowing then!

Apparently she planned my birth so it wasnt too cold, and wasnt too hot, and I was born in April - right as planned!! Thank god Im nothing like my mother :D

Just ignore the comments, it just shows total ignorance!!

I am due on Xmas day and havent had any comments about it other than it should be the best Xmas ever for us :D

Do you all get them comments about names like "ooh you should call the baby Holly or Noel" etc etc That would annoy me after a while!!

Yep, I am due on 19th Dec and have had every comment possible - negative and positive! But we tried for this baby for 18 months so I couldn't give a fig when its birthday is! Yes, I feel bad for the baby having a xmas birthday but plenty of other people manage!

i'm due on the 1st dec, i think it'll make for the best ever christmas. its probably not when i'd of planned to have a baby as i have horses and obviously they are more time consuming then, but we'll manage . lots of friends and family have birthdays around this time(i'm nov 20th) i really dont think makes any difference.

hey alice babe, we are due the same day!! yay! well, i think, my ultrasound said 20w0d when i think i was 20+1. so possibly due the 20th december i will have to ask at my next midwife ap. My daughter was due on my birthday and came three days late in October. i would have been over the moon if she was born on my birthday though. the same as if baby comes 5 days late on christmas day, i wouldnt care less. it would be lovely. im really exited to have baby dressed all cozy and warm in a little winter jacket with lots of fleecy blankets snuggled up in her carseat. it dosnt matter what time of year it is, babies are born every day :D ignore those snots who think their pregnancy will be "better planned" because when they fall pregnant early in the year you laugh and say oh well, so much for the planning :lol: :lol:

Im due boxing day!

For me and my family it will be lovely as last years Christmas was awfull due to a tragic loss. It was first Christmas without my sister who died of cancer aged 20. So i feel the fact that im due at Christmas is a gift. Its given us hope of being able to smile again at that time.
I get comments about how awfull it could be if im in labour on Christmas day and all the usual stuff but i just think, sode off and leave me alone, my baby is a new hope and happiness in my life and without it i didnt know how to face Christmas again, now im looking forward to it.

And if babys early i can even have a glass of wine, and it can be raised to my sister and her new nephew!
So although i wasnt trying for a baby, he couldnt have planned his birthday any better!

i am due on the 13th of december, people keep saying to me that if its two weeks late it will be christmas, no one has said anything negative. were hoping the baby comes on the 8th of december as that is our 1st wedding anaversary, what a present that would be :D :D

Aww Keelie_b :hug: what a nice way to think about things.

I have people saying saying "ooo 4th December, Christmas baby...might come on christmas day! That would be a nightmare!" Um..no not really, its like 21 days away from xmas. Even if i go overdue it will still be 18th December you bints! Who cares if hes born then anyway? I mean some people go on like you can plan it for the time of year you fancy...i really dont think its that simple! Plus he will be the best xmas pressie i have ever got!

poochielove said:
"ooo 4th December, Christmas baby...might come on christmas day! That would be a nightmare!"
Well that would be a nightmare if you had to go over 3 weeks!! :lol: Some people are so daft!! :wink: :D

I'm due on 2nd December. Nobody has said anything stupid to me but people do raise eyebrows and say 'Oooh christmas baby' to which I usually reply 'Yeh, that means I get allll christmas off work' which usuall irritates them :D

xmcnickyx said:
I'm due on 2nd December. Nobody has said anything stupid to me but people do raise eyebrows and say 'Oooh christmas baby' to which I usually reply 'Yeh, that means I get allll christmas off work' which usuall irritates them :D
Nice one! I might use that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back