How many weeks will u be when you leave work?

positivity :)

Reaction score
As title really?

I'm starting to worry that i'm leaving it too late.

my last day at work will be Friday, 2 December and my due date is Saturday 17 December so my last day is 2 weeks before DD.

what are you ladies doing? am i leaving it too late? i haven't confirmed my dates with my manager yet so i can change them still. xx

You have to take Mat leave 4 weeks from the sunday week of your DD at my company.
So 36 weeks :)

Do you? is it a physical job? im thinking maybe i should do 4 weeks too? x

I'm not taking any before baby is born as I don't get any maternity leave so anything I take before baby is born, I will lose after baby is born.

I think it's entirely up to you hun and as long as you are feeling well in yourself you will be absolutely fine working that late. I worked the day I went into labour with Lennon and felt absolutely fine :)

My friend advised me to go a little bit early and its the best decision i have made, it got very tough after 36 weeks but it might be just me. And recruitment isnt exactly the easiest thing to do when you are pg

In Italy we have to leave a month before and I'm
Worried I haven't left myself enough time!! I'm just hoping the baby hangs in there and doesn't come early.
Everyone is different though, it depends how you feel in yourself. I feel fine but my fat feet are killing me!

Do you? is it a physical job? im thinking maybe i should do 4 weeks too? x

Its our company policy. Check out your companies Maternity policy.

Last time I left at 34 wks, as I added 2 wks holiday to the beginning :) x

Am going at 36 weeks.... Would love to go now but only 4 and a half weeks left..... :) My sister is working up until the baby comes as she does not get any maternity pay except what is given by the goverment.

i left at 33 weeks because i have to use all my holidays and bank holidays up for this year x

Im leaving at 34 weeks, its a physical job and people are starting to stress me out and I dont wanna stressed that close anyway lol. Im only on a temp contract anyway so I won't be going back. I can't claim SMP from the company because I havent been there long enough. We're only posted here intil Feb 2013 and I planned to go on maternity till sept next year and we're leaving in the feb so theres just no point in going back anyway for the sake of a few months - id rather spend that extra time with baby :) x

Im probably gonna take mine from 2nd Jan but thats because I get xmas day, boxing day, new years eve and day all off on holidays and Im gonna use my holidays for the days left over in between. Prob last day will be xmas eve. Im due on the 13th Jan but they think Im gonna go early. Although Im only taking 6 months mat leave so I wanna save as much for when baba is here. Besides Id wanna keep busy as Id get bored in the house haha xxx

I'm going to work up to the monday as I'm due on Thursday, this might be optimistic but I really want all my time with lo. I can only afford to take 6 months off but I'm lucky as a remote worker I can work from home some days :)

Im due 14th dec. In finishing work Oct 28th... taking 4 wks hol and then my mat leave kicks in 2 wks before my due date.
If i need to, i will take extra hol and finish earlier. Just worried how tired I will be as my commute is two hours each way. So Im aiming for 28th and will see if I can hold out that long

I'm off at 38 weeks, but I'm cutting my hours right down to 4 hours per week from 34 weeks, so I should be fine :)

I'm finishing at about 34 weeks - it was going to be much later - then we found out it was twins and the chances are they will come quite early. I don't have a physical job but it is very stressful and I'm struggling with it already - doesn't help that I work with such w****rs...........so the sooner the better really.

I'm leaving just under a month before. More due to personal reasons!

Im finishing on the 2nd too pos! It will be about 32 weeks for me. Mainly coz work is really slow in dec and im temping so they asked if i minded finishing then which tbh I really didnt mind as will be nice to have time off before xmas!!
xxx

I'm due on 25th December :faint: and planning on my last day at work being 9th December x

so most ppl are off at 32-36 weeks? and a few of us doing 37-38 weeks!

hmmm, not sure whether to go a month before then? i was just thinking that i want more time after but now im starting to think i might get tired towards the end?

at my work u can stay pretty much as long as you want, i wrote the policy myself lol! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back