i think the raspberry leaf worked!!

muppetmummy

Reaction score
just thought i'd let you all know i think the rasperry leaf worked. it could be a coincidence of course but i think not :D

when i was in labour both midwives made comments about how thin and stretchy my cervix was and were very impressed :lol:

also the second stage of labour (pushing) only lasted 10 mins :dance:

i took the capsules from 33 weeks

hello

i have been taking them since 34 weeks

my cervix is still high and closed....but it is soft, could this be the raspberry leaf tablets.

How many did you take in final weeks ?
x

I was on the tea for a few weeks from about 33/34 weeks then gave up and went over to the tablets. I'm on 4 a day now and sticking with them.

I hope they do their thing :pray:

Ginnymarie said:
hello

i have been taking them since 34 weeks

my cervix is still high and closed....but it is soft, could this be the raspberry leaf tablets.

How many did you take in final weeks ?
x

their job is to make the cervix soft, they wont bring on labour. I was taking 6 a day in the final weeks (400mg tablets i think), took 2 tablets 3 times a day.

I have actually wondered if drinking the tea had any effect on me dilating uber fast! :think:

They definately didnt help soften my cervix or with dilation but the pushing stage was only 20 minutes for me :)

That sounds nice,
But did u get a prescription from ur mw? I mean is it totally safe for any one to take it? no side effects??

you just get them from health shops- holland and barrett do them. :lol:

maldives said:
That sounds nice,
But did u get a prescription from ur mw? I mean is it totally safe for any one to take it? no side effects??

Its not on prescription. You buy it from health food stores.

It clearly states on the bottles to not take before a certain stage in pregnancy.

And yes, it is considered safe. Its a herbal thing not a medical. Studies indicate it helps the second stage of delivery and softens the cervix.

My MW recommended taking it from 33/34 weeks in tea form and from 36 weeks in tablet form.

i took them and they didnt work for me but evenin primrose oil capsules were fab, they made my cervix stretch to 3cm!

ive got the rasberry leaf tea but am going to get the tablets, how much are they? does anyone know?

BeckyJ said:
ive got the rasberry leaf tea but am going to get the tablets, how much are they? does anyone know?

100 tabs cost me about £5.50 (a smaller dosage than the tub of 60 I bought for £7 :think: ) You need to be taking a certain amount each day so I am on 8 of the smaller dosage tabs when I was on 4 of the others.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/l ... ourexpert/

You can research the dosage elsewhere online also if you wish.

Birth Ease do both the tea and tablets. I just received an order form them last week...got my raspberry leaf tea, tablets, arnica, lansinoh nipple cream and a couple of other bits. I think it's birthease.com

i'm drinking the tea for now and when i run out of that i will start on the tablets.

I got my tea from internet (not sure where) and the tablets from holland and barrett.

I've looked at the back of my box of tablets and it doesnt say anything about what the capsules are used for or when you should take them!! Good job i have the internet isn't it!!!

I hadn't linked my fast labour to rasberry leaf tea until now, but it could have well helped. I dilated very fast for a first labour and my pushing stage was 2 minutes :D

Ok i have just ordered some tablet...

£6.33 for 60 x 900mg tablets.

http://www.naturesclock.co.uk

I have read that the recomended dose is approx 2400mg per day, so i am thinking i'll start on 1 a day (900mg) and then work my way up to 3 a day (2700mg), although i don't know if this is the correct advice, as everywhere i look gives different guidance :? I am assuming there is no danger in taking "too much"

It may be a complete placebo but i'm willing to give anything a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back