had 37 week check and got my raspberry leaf!

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Hi girls. Had my 37 week check today and was expecting after all my pains on saturday and the show on sunday to be told she is fully engaged etc. But no! Still 3/5 engaged. No change from 10 days ago! So, I have got some raspberry leaf capsules. It says to take between 3 and 6 capsules so how many do I take?

Xx

mmm i got no idea ive never had them sure some1 will know tho a lot of the girls have spoke bout it or look up an older thread, dnt worry still loads of time for baby to get in place x

I had my 36 week app yesterday and my little man is 4/5's engaged so we're both getting there!! She said "he's very low but not quite engaged yet"! She could feel every part of his body too! He gave me a right kicking once she'd finished!

I don't know anything about raspberry leaf stuff because i'm not planning on taking anything to try and bring labour on x

I took raspberry leaf from 37 weeks last time. But after haemorrhaging with my first & being told it can contribute to bleeding during the birth, I'm avoiding it like the plague this time. I'm with Clairebear - not doing anything to bring on labour this time. I tried everything the last time - long walks, pineapple, curry, raspberry leaf tea, essential oils & sex & Joseph was born 11 days late. When they're ready they'll arrive. It's our own impatience that drives us to do these things, but if you wait patiently, it's all worth it x

Sunnyb xxx

Not sure how many you would take but just wondered where you got them from and how much are they? Hoepfully baby won't keep you waiting too long. xxx

I took raspberry leaf from 37 weeks last time. But after haemorrhaging with my first & being told it can contribute to bleeding during the birth, I'm avoiding it like the plague this time. I'm with Clairebear - not doing anything to bring on labour this time. I tried everything the last time - long walks, pineapple, curry, raspberry leaf tea, essential oils & sex & Joseph was born 11 days late. When they're ready they'll arrive. It's our own impatience that drives us to do these things, but if you wait patiently, it's all worth it x

Sunnyb xxx

Let our bodies do what they're designed to do I say! :) x

I'm 34 weeks n I've been drink RLT since Friday 2 cups a day roughly, god knows if I should or shouldn't I've just heard it don't bring on labor just helps the cervix stretch in the last stage of labor n promote better healing, x x

That's what I had heard Nadine - just that it helps labour go smoothly. I asked the midwife and she said nothing was prooved but it wouldn't do any harm.

Shauna - they were £3 something in Holland and Barrett for 100 x 400mg capsules (instead of being £7 something)! The teabags were £1.40 but I would rather have a tablet - I don't like the taste of herbal teas much. Although it says you can make a tea out of the capsule.

Clarebear22 and sunnyB - I am terrible, I have no patience whatsoever! I found out I was pregnant before I was even 4 weeks! Lol! Even if she arrives late she will be worth every second of waiting. I just want her healthy. But now that I know I am classed as full term I am excited to meet her!

Off to blow up my ball now! :D

Xx

blowing up your ball will probably kick start labour...lol xx

Lol I wouldn't be surprised!! Its a great big ball with a tiny little pump! I'm going to have arms like a weightlifter at the end of this. Still I'm 2/3 of the way through - this is far too much like exercise for my liking!

Xx

i have been sitting on my ball today as its the only way im confy. back and period pains are getting worse. i have one cup of raspberry leaf tea a day(when i remember) but will go up to 2 a day as of 37 weeks. unsure about the capsules though sorry hun. xxx

i have been sitting on my ball today as its the only way im confy. back and period pains are getting worse. i have one cup of raspberry leaf tea a day(when i remember) but will go up to 2 a day as of 37 weeks. unsure about the capsules though sorry hun. xxx

How far r u now n how long y been supping the tea for?? Sorry I can't see tickers on I phone, x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back