"I dont regret my 7 abortions" now magazine

abcd1234

Reaction score
Anyone else read this article??!!
7 abortions, i'm speachless tbh and i think if she was my patient i'd have had something to say after the first couple, its not even as if she were young etc. Plus in one of them she says the condom split and she knew it's mean she'd end up pregnant, so why didnt she take the morning after pill?

I understand at the end she starts blaming other problems for it and a lack of support and counciling, which may be true but i simply cannot accept that 7 abortions can be justified!

I find it hard enough knwoing my close friend had an abortion but she had reasons, she was only 17 at the time and due to having had lukemia twice is wuite far behind education wise and maturity wise also.

I haven't read the article so don't know the whole story but anyway, I think that's really irresponsible, selfish and stupid. For gods sake use some proper contraception! Abortion is not a method of contraception!

Oh and I'm pro-choice btw but 7 abortions is taking it TOO far! :x I really don't understand why you'd want to put your body through that 7 times as well, I mean I don't know what the procedure is like but surely it's not a very nice experience?!

I havent read the article and i am not against abortions but :shock: 7 abortions. That is shocking.
If a person does not want to have a baby then they need to look at their contraception methods carefully. 7 abortions to me sounds as if she uses that as a form of contraception :x

I agree with that if she knew the condom spilt why on earth did she not get the morning after pill, why wait till abortion is the only option.

7?? :shock: :shock:

Is it THAT hard to keep your knickers on if you're not using any form of contraception?

Totally agree with the posts above. :shock: :shock:

7 ??? OMG

i didnt think you could have more than 3, if i was her doctor i would just sterilise her she seems to use abortions as a form of contraception. Silly woman.

She might not regret it now but I think in years to come there will be repercussions both phyicially and mentally if she continues to do this :? Ps. I'm against abortion anyway :cry:

i saw it on the front of the mag but didnt get it because i knew id get mad! i did watch the abortion programme on bbc 2 the other night. and i can tell you none of that women who had abortions were happy with their decisions. well one was but she was a bit loopy i think!

abcd1234 said:
7 abortions, i'm speachless tbh and i think if she was my patient i'd have had something to say after the first couple, its not even as if she were young etc. Plus in one of them she says the condom split and she knew it's mean she'd end up pregnant, so why didnt she take the morning after pill?

I understand at the end she starts blaming other problems for it and a lack of support and counciling, which may be true but i simply cannot accept that 7 abortions can be justified!

I find it hard enough knwoing my close friend had an abortion but she had reasons, she was only 17 at the time and due to having had lukemia twice is wuite far behind education wise and maturity wise also.

i dont want to have an argument or anything but i feel a bit hurt by your last comment.. whilst i totally agree with the comments about 7 abortions
and find the story pretty appalling i cannot believe you have insinuated that your friend had an abortion because she was uneducated and immature. If you have not been in a situation where you have had a to make a life changing and heart breaking decision to terminate a life then you couldn't possibly understand- i'm sure 99% of women who have been through the procedure did not do so lightly. maybe i have taken your comment out of context here..if so please excuse me.

fran_23 said:
abcd1234 said:

i dont want to have an argument or anything but i feel a bit hurt by your last comment.. whilst i totally agree with the comments about 7 abortions
and find the story pretty appalling i cannot believe you have insinuated that your friend had an abortion because she was uneducated and immature. If you have not been in a situation where you have had a to make a life changing and heart breaking decision to terminate a life then you couldn't possibly understand- i'm sure 99% of women who have been through the procedure did not do so lightly. maybe i have taken your comment out of context here..if so please excuse me.

I would only comment on my friends situation if i knew it fully! She happened to be very young for her age, missed a lot of school and it was known that due to her previous illness if she did continue with the pregnancy it would put pressure on her body which most pregnant women dont get! She herself says she got rid of the baby because she was too immature for it and due to a lack of education coudlnt support it herself.
As it happens she regrets her decision as she had since had a miscarriage of a baby she really wanted and is now going through tests to see if her illness may prevent her carrying a baby to term

I think you misunderstood what i said tbh

from what i have just read it sounds like a very mature decision your friend made

mary70 said:
from what i have just read it sounds like a very mature decision your friend made

Shes very lucky, she had family nad friends around to support her decision and help her through afterwards, i dont agree with abortion, but i do feel she wouldnt have coped

ok re-reading what you wrote i think i took it out of context, but its a totally different situation to the 7 abortions, its a more typical case of a woman who made a hard choice and as you said now regrets it-

i'm probably getting heated because i have had a termination and it was the hardest thing i've ever done, and i wouldn't want to be mentioned in the same vain as someone who has had 7 and shows no remorse-

sorry if i was short i misunderstood the context of what you said about your friend..by the way if you found it hard knowing she had a termination how hard do you think it was for her and probably 99% of the other women that go through it. (obviously not the one from the magazine who seems to use the procedure as contraception)

ps re your last comment on not believing in abortion- i'm not telling you what to believe by any means but i used to feel the same until i found myself in the situation- that is why i believe it is a womans choice and
i detest anti-abortion demonstrators..its not their lives they should just mind there own business.

I know how hard it was for her, this is why i would never hold it against her or mention it in a nasty way, when she got pregnant the second time (the one she lost) she considered abortion again at first and i was honest with her, said i didnt agree with abortion but whatever she choose to do i would be there for her and help her as much as possible.

fair enough..shes lucky she had a good friend to support her!

7 abortions is selfish, theres other methods of contraceptive and its called condoms, if you cant bag it dont shag it :wall:

MissSara said:
i didnt think you could have more than 3

That's what I thought?

7 abortions..that is horrific. How can she think it's okay to do that? I think her story about the condom splitting is aload of bull..it's obvious she doesn't care about contraception otherwise she wouldn't have got pregnant 7 times :talkhand:

7 OMG, thats all im going to say, because i don't beleive in abortions

i dont know how anybody could mentally cope with going through 7 abortions. thats 7 lives right there. thats utterly confusing to me....

why does everyone keep saying "i dont believe in abortions"
i'm not being funny but no one thinks they are good or from lollipop lane
but what if you got raped one day and got pregnant- would you still not believe in abortions then? if you found yourself in the unfortunate position
where you were for whatver reason unable to continue a pregnancy then you might have no choice but to change your mind.

saying it that way makes it feel like everyone who has ever had one is evil and wrong- they exist and women have them- whats not to believe?

fran_23 said:
why does everyone keep saying "i dont believe in abortions"
i'm not being funny but no one thinks they are good or from lollipop lane
but what if you got raped one day and got pregnant- would you still not believe in abortions then? if you found yourself in the unfortunate position
where you were for whatver reason unable to continue a pregnancy then you might have no choice but to change your mind.

saying it that way makes it feel like everyone who has ever had one is evil and wrong- they exist and women have them- whats not to believe?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Im sure no one ment offense hunny and i do not think the choice you made was in any way wrong. you did what was best for you and i can tell it was a very hard decsion to make :hug:
I persoanly could never do it as ive been through the hell of a misscarrige
but as you say know one can say 100% in every situation ie being to young sexually assaulted finacialy difficulites lack of support extra what they would do or how they would react.

The 7 cases is different to your sitiuation this women is showing no respect for her own body or the lives she has destroyed she blantley knew she was pregnant at least once and didnt use the morning after pill that is disgusting as she then allowed the fetus to grow then aborted it that make me feel sick to the core

You didnt do this you made a decsion that was best for you and the unborn child this is your right
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back