HSG results today - both tubes blocked

Moley

Reaction score
Hi all...

Got my HSG results today and both tubes are blocked - the procedure showed that there was slight movement of the blockage in the left but not enough to let contrast through and right one totally blocked. They said no point really having lapiroscopy as it won't really help so I'm now being referred for IVF. I guess that's why it hurt so Freakin much.

So sad I broke down crying in the consultants office. Been TTC for nearly 3 years and knew something had to be wrong as it just wasn't working. Everything else is fine, I ovulate, have regular periods, my hormones and ovaries are fine, partners semen anlysis is fine but sperm can't reach my egg beause of my crappy tubes!!

I feel like crap, like a failure. Everyone around me is pregnant an saying how easy it is and they went trying and here's me doing all I can and my insides don't work. Sooo depressed can't stop crying.

Oh no hun I am so sorry - I really don't know what to say as I know nothing will make you feel better :( hugs hugs

It's so hard as it takes so long to find these things out, but at least you have been referred for Ivf which is a step closer to your bfp. Do you know how long the waiting list is?

Definitely don't feel like a failure hun, as your not. In fact going through all this makes you amazing and a strong woman. You will get through it and you will get your baby xx

Awe hun im so sorry to hear this (((((hugs)))))

Did dr say what could hav caused it or anything or is it just one of those things IYKWIM

xxx

I am so sorry to hear your sad news :( i hope you are feeling a little better. Please dont feel like a failure because your not, life is just very unfair sometimes. As for the people saying it was easy for them to get pregnant thats great........for them but not everyone is the same. Hugs hun i hope you will be ok and i am sure you will be, it will get easier and you have lots of options xxxx

I'm so sorry Moley, please don't feel like a failure. It's not down to lifestyle or anything you've done - it's just one of those things :hug:

You need IVF and that's a hard thing to get your head around, but you are going to be going into it with everything in your favour.

Great ovaries, great uterus, great sperm :)

You'll get your baby out of it, you'll see xx

No wonder it was so painful for you!!
I can understand you feeling like rubbish hun... it's a lot to take in... :hug: look after yourself... cry as much as you want... plan something nice this weekend... eat your favourite food and buy yourself a big bunch of flowers :flower:
I can understand the feeling, but YOU ARE NOT a failure. You have no control over how your tubes are formed hun! And now that you know what's been preventing things from working, as Lou said, you've got all the right ingredients for it to work for you... just with a little help... xx

I am so sorry big hugs you are in no way a failure please do not think that!

Good luck with the next stage

xx

Sorry for your news Moley but as Louise says you have IvF to look to next! Xxx

so sorry to hear that and do please give yourself time to get your head around this. I remember how hard it hit us when we were told that IVF was our only option.

But remember you now know why it wasn't happening and you can now do something about it. It's soul destroying to find out, but it's essential so you can move on and actually make this thing happen. And it's treatable.

We're all here for you

:hugs:
Jus reiterate what everyone has said xx I too feel like a failure when you find out bits don't work but you'll get ur head around it and ivf has great success rates these days xxx

Really sorry hun, it's alot to get your head round suddenly X

Just think of that baby to be of yours,when IVF gets you there, it will all be worth it, did they book you another appointment to refer you so you can dicuss IVF in more details and then you may find you feel happier /more at ease with it , rather than it being the elephant in the room right now, as it was not your plan X

Awww thank you so much ladies. Your kind words and support mean so much I can't tell you. Feeling better today but I'm back at work with my work hat on. Gonna do some research into IVF and IUI which was also mentioned, so I'm all clued up when I get the appointment - apparently takes 4/5 months!!

Thanks again for the support x x

Hey, sorry to hear this. I don't want to throw a spanner in the works but do u get the chance to re-do the HSG or do a HyCoSy? The reason I ask is because I was told one of my tubes was blocked right where thr tube attaches to the womb ( the dye would not get past this point). I then paid for a hysteroscopy and there was nothing there! Apparently spasming if tubes is not uncommon because of the dye they use and this is likely what happened to me. I'm not sure how relevent this is to you, but useful to know.

You know Moley Itsbaby is right actually. My sister was told that her right tube was blocked and was booked in for a general anesthetic to try to unblock it. Before she went in for the procedure after she had been given some tablet to numb her they done another hsg just to check and low and behold everything was completely clear! No blockages at all and she was told it must have been a spasm. I was quite shocked as was she as she had gone nearly 6 months thinking she had a blocked tube.

They actually don't know why they're blocked or how it happened - never had an STD or any other infections, no pain or abnormal spotting during or after sex. They never mentioned another HSG but to be honest it was such an awful experience for me I don't really want to go through it again. The hospital I was it for these initial tests don't actually do IVF I will be going to another but I will ask all these questions on my initial consult there. I never know what to ask and was in such a state yesterday that even if I knew what to ask I wouldn't have got it out anyway. I will keep in mind all these questions though and see as if another HSG or anything else may help I'm all for it.

Thanks ladies I'm so glad I've got you to talk and moan to - as much as my family and friends and OH are understanding and supportive its just easier to talk with people in the same boat!!

Thank you all x x

I think a hycosy is easier than an hsg, its done by scanning you and introducing fluid so less chance of spasming ii don't know how willing the nhs will be to reido something so u can get it done privately for about 300-400 quid. If they are fine u will likely be a good candidate for IUI which is less invasive than ivf. Good luck.

To be honest I'm not sure how thorough my local NHS have been - I feel like I've had loads of tests but I don't know for sure?! Ive never even heard of hycosy until you mentioned it Babytime. I'm wondering if their first resort is IVF rather than it being a last resort and there is more that they should try and do for me - maybe even try and unblock my tubes via surgery. I just don't know. I will speak to OH about going private but he's worried about costs and is happy to try IVF on the NHS as we meet their strict requirements. Im going to look into a private hycosy anyway and then see.

Totally different tangent but I saw an Acupunturist earlier this year after being referred to FS. She said that it works better on e she knows what she's dealing with so now I have these results I'm thinking of going again for regular sessions. Do you guys think it's nonsense or could it actually help?!

I'm sorry about your tubes Moley.
Like the others have said, tubes quite often spasm and look like they're blocked when they're not. I had a HSG which was fine, then during my laparoscopy my left tube spasmed so the dye filled it but would not spill out. My dr wasn't too concerned as HSG was fine.
It definitely might be worth asking at the other hospital to see if they can do a hyscosy or even a laparoscopy as I know they can sometimes remove ashesions from tubes.
Good luck - and if needs be you WILL get there with ivf xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back