How strict are you?

MrsR

Reaction score
Following on from the alcohol thread I'm wondering how strictly everyone follows the 'food rules'? I'll hold my hands up-I'm a bit crap! I still eat my beef medium rare, my tuna pink in the middle and I love dippy boiled eggs with soldiers x don't get me wrong I'm not eating these things every day or even every week but when I do eat them this is how I eat them! Am I completely irresponsible? Or are the 'food rules' a bit ott? I mean we GAVE managed to survive as a species for millions of years and can you imagine what it was like in Victorian times having a baby? I know we're not in those times now! How strict are you?!

I must admit I'm quite strict with myself. I haven't done anything I'm not meant to since I fell pregnant. I think this is becase I'm still having a couple of cigs everyday, I feel really bad for doing that so don't wanna do anything else.
I was eyeing the brie and pate in Asda the other day but my dad wouldn't let me buy any :(

Im not eating anything I shouldnt be but thats purely because none of it looks appealing and makes me heave lol

I'm still eating brie - but only cooked in panninis and toasties. Everythng else 'bad' for us I stopped as soon as I found out, but I'm really missing runny eggs, as my saturday morning treat used to be poached eggs on toast, and I hate hard boiled eggs. Toast and jam isnt quite the same!!

I think I will be a bit more relaxed once I've had a scan and everything is progressing, at the moment I'm still at that stage where I don't want to jinks anything.

ive stayed away from everthing im not meant to eat. ive had to come up with some imaginative excuses why i cant have coleslaw!!
if i dont know 100% if its safe, i'll google it
xx

I'm lucky I don't like most of things you arn't supposed to eat anyways. The only thing I like and still eating is runny eggs! I'm with you on the strictness though, women have been having babies for years and ate whatever!

Last edited:
I don't like half the stuff either yodabo-things like pate, mouldy cheese etc I can do without x he he x lucky I guess x

A lot of the things you 'cant' eat are to protect you not the baby. Because our immune systems are different we're more likely to get food poisoning, which is why they want everything thoroughly cooked etc...

We eat eggs laid by my parents chickens. I know the chickens presonally and know that theyre not ill etc.. also everyone in my family eats the eggs from the same chickens. SO I know the risk of food poisoning is so low that I still have them runny. I've had steak well done though, I just think you gotta ask yourself how likely it is that you'll get food poisoning. Thing is, if you do, youre likely to end up in hopsital on a drip so LO doesnt get dehydrated.

I have a stomach of iron anyway. Ive had food poisoning twice in my life. So Ive not been too strict. :)

I've never had food poisoning x wish we had chickens x i'd love that!!! How cool! x

:) love em. They had chicks last month too. sooo cute :love:

I have been very good, i do think the rules are probably OTT, but if i got food poisoning because i had ignored them and it harmed my baby, i wouldnt be able to forgive myself. I am really missing runny eggs loads! I did slip up and have a caesar salad the other day though, completely forgot ur not supposed to eat parmesan! x

Last edited:
When I was excpecting my son I was very strict, but this time it's not really been something I worry about. I didn't even no that parmesan could be bad for you. I have it most days as I love it!

I think Ive been quite lax really, but with some things I havn't been that strict on at all. Mostly the eggs. I just think the chances of eating a bad egg is so unlikely anyway that its worth the risk. Like tiny said, its a risk to you, not the baby.

I do sometimes wonder whether so many children are being born with allergies because we keep avoiding them during pregnancy. The list just gets bigger and bigger every year!!! Soon we'll only be allowed to eat certain meals!!!

I still eat runny eggs but thats it, never liked tuna, brie etc anyway :)

I dont eat any meat at all, it makes me heave! I'm a takeaway junkie if I'm honest :blush:

Caffiene is my vice...I occassionally overdo it by one cup of Coffee a day! But I figure a tiny bit extra of caffiene cant do any worse than what cigs would if I hadn't have quit so... lol x

Melio-I also wonder why so many children have food allergies now x x I don't like coffee but I was craving coke at the very start of the pregnancy so probably over did the caffeine! Hyper baby alert!

I have taken note of everything but the eggs. I cook em myself and If I dunno how to cook egg on toast now I never will. :)

Plus i think you gotta have 1 weakness

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back