TUNA???

hayley

Reaction score
I've heard lots of different advise about tuna. How much is safe to eat? or is this an old wifes tale? i love fish and at the moment seem to be eating tuna a few times a week... not fresh (tinned) Tuna sandwiches, jacket pot's with tuna, tuna on toast... i'd say i'm eating about 2 tins a week - not every week thou..

x

There was new advice released this week saying because mercury levels are increasing you should have max 1 tin a week.

Saying that, oily fish is good for you and baby is very strong now, so it really is your call.

I'm always careful not to obey every rule, you'd never eat anything!

Fill ya boots :wink:

Hayley,

I wouldn't panic too much mate.

We're both manic tuna eaters (me and OH) and I seem to be growing well and sprog is VERY active. We have a mix of fresh tuna steaks each week plus maybe 1 or 2 tins.....I've heard 3 tins a week is fine.

Mate, I've even scoffed French Brie on and off through the pregnancy.....do what you feel is comfortable.

Sass

i havent eaten so much of it with this pregnancy but when i was pregnant with kurt i couldnt get enough of it everything i had, had to have tuna with it :lol:
it certainly didnt do me any harm and it didnt do him any harm neither and i must have been going through about a tin a day at least :lol:

oh good... i mixed 2 tins with sweet corn, peppers and mayo yesterday.. been taking a forl to it every time i go the fridge... i can finish it off now without feeling bad! (what is left of it anyway)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back