The Food Thread!

Caitlyns Mummy x

Reaction score
:oops:

1. Do you think about colour when you're preparing a meal?
  2. Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now?
  3. Are you a good cook?
  4. Are you a vegetarian?
  5. Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat?
  6. At what times do you usually eat your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)?
  7. Do you always eat dinner as a family?
  8. Do you always eat vegetables?
  9. What food do you cook the most often?
  10. Are there any foods you avoid when cooking, if so, why?
  11. Do you get your 5 a day?
  12. Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why?
  13. Do you like British food?
  14. Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most?
  15. Do you like to cook? Why or why not?
  16. Do you like to eat at fast food restaurants?
  17. Do you often eat out?
  18. Do you prefer fish, red meat or white meat?
  19. Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy?
  20. How often do you go shopping for food?

1. Do you think about colour when you're preparing a meal? Yep!
  2. Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now? Tomatos
  3. Are you a good cook? I like to think so lmao!
  4. Are you a vegetarian? Nope :(
  5. Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat? Nope... Naughty I know
  6. At what times do you usually eat your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? Breakfast whenever I remember, lunch around 12-1pm and dinner at 5-7pm
  7. Do you always eat dinner as a family? Try to!
  8. Do you always eat vegetables? Yeah
  9. What food do you cook the most often? Pasta
  10. Are there any foods you avoid when cooking, if so, why? Nuts (allergic)
  11. Do you get your 5 a day? Nope lol
  12. Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why? Yeah, I forget to feed myself!
  13. Do you like British food? Yeahh
  14. Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most? Itallian
  15. Do you like to cook? Why or why not? Yeah I do, probably because I like to eat!
  16. Do you like to eat at fast food restaurants? Yeah
  17. Do you often eat out? Once a fortnight (sometimes once a week)
  18. Do you prefer fish, red meat or white meat? Red meat. I'm a big meat eater!
  19. Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy? Sometimes
  20. How often do you go shopping for food? Once a week big shop, pick other things up if I need to

Last edited:
Do you think about colour when you're preparing a meal? - i try too
Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now? - yep mushrooms
Are you a good cook? - i'm ok
Are you a vegetarian? - nope - but i don't eat a lot of meat other than chicken if i'm honest
Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat? yep - all the time!!
At what times do you usually eat your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? hmm breakfast and lunch vary but dinner is always late - around 7:30 after mads in bed
Do you always eat dinner as a family? we do at the weekend, and i do with maddi at lunch, but james work too long hours to do it during the week
Do you always eat vegetables? some of the time, i'm picky with what i like though
What food do you cook the most often? noodles
Are there any foods you avoid when cooking, if so, why? red meat, as i don't like it
Do you get your 5 a day? depends, normally i would say 3 a day lol
Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why? few times a week, just forget about it
Do you like British food? not really
Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most? although probably not authentic, i prefer chinese
Do you like to cook? Why or why not? yep, i do enjoy cooking and baking for my family
Do you like to eat at fast food restaurants? sometimes
Do you often eat out? maybe once a week
Do you prefer fish, red meat or white meat? white meat, i don't like fish
Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy? sometimes, i've read them so much i normally no whats in them - having an a-level in home eco does this for you! lol
How often do you go shopping for food? 1/2 per week

1. Do you think about colour when you're preparing a meal? Yes, i like a variety of colours
  2. Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now? I wouldn't eat Veg, and although im still not a keen veg lover, i eat alot more now
  3. Are you a good cook? No, Mark does most of the cooking, although i do try
  4. Are you a vegetarian? No
  5. Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat? I have started looking at the calorie content yes
  6. At what times do you usually eat your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? Breakfast can be any time up till about 9:30, Lunch is usually around midday for Rosie it's 12pm, Dinner is around 5pm, sometimes Mark and i eat later depending when he is working.
  7. Do you always eat dinner as a family? We try too, but as i work shifts, and works an on call rota, it sometimes it hard to
  8. Do you always eat vegetables? As previously said, im not too keen on veg, but i eat Leeks and Brussels cooked, and alot of the other Veg raw. Mark & Rosie however eat all veg cooked.
  9. What food do you cook the most often? Chicken, anything with chicken
  10. Are there any foods you avoid when cooking, if so, why? No not really
  11. Do you get your 5 a day? I make sure Rosie does, Mark is also very good, i try but mainly 5 fruit and then a salard
  12. Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why? Im not really a breakfast eater, i can't eat first thing in the morning i never have been able to, it makes me sick.
  13. Do you like British food? Yes there is some nice british food
  14. Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most? I love Mexican
  15. Do you like to cook? Why or why not? I love to give it ago, i'd like it more if i was any good!!! :lol:
  16. Do you like to eat at fast food restaurants? No not really, as a rareity i suppose
  17. Do you often eat out? No, i go for lunch sometimes, but other than that it's mainly special occasions, or spur of the moment occasions
  18. Do you prefer fish, red meat or white meat? White meat, i dont eat fish or red meat
  19. Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy? Yes both Mark and i do
  20. How often do you go shopping for food? I do a big shop once a week, but go to Morrisons inbetween for fresh stuff etc

1. Do you think about colour when you're preparing a meal? Not always
  2. Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now? Most veggies!
  3. Are you a good cook? At certain things I'm good but I wouldnt describe myself as a good cook persay.
  4. Are you a vegetarian? Yes
  5. Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat? No
  6. At what times do you usually eat your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? 8am (when I get to work) 12-1pm ish, 4.30 - 6pm depending when we all get in.
  7. Do you always eat dinner as a family? Yes.
  8. Do you always eat vegetables? Yes!
  9. What food do you cook the most often? OH does nearly all the cooking! My specialities are full english, sunday roasts and steak done to your liking.
  10. Are there any foods you avoid when cooking, if so, why? Not really but I CAN NOT open and drain canned tuna :puke:
  11. Do you get your 5 a day? Mostly
  12. Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why? No - I'd collapse by 10am if I didnt eat cereal or at least some toast. I crash quickly.
  13. Do you like British food? Yes
  14. Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most? Yes. I'll try anything veggie. Probably Italian.
  15. Do you like to cook? Why or why not? No. I cook to eat. OH cooks to relax and for pleasure - I dont get that at all!
  16. Do you like to eat at fast food restaurants? No never.
  17. Do you often eat out? Until Hebe was born we ate out once a week on wednesday religiously as DD was at my parents. We are just starting to go out for dinner more again now that DD can baby sit :D
  18. Do you prefer fish, red meat or white meat? None but if I had to choose a meat it would be fillet steak everytime.
  19. Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy? Not often but I do if I'm giving it the girls.
  20. How often do you go shopping for food? Once a week - friday if it's Ocado delivering so we can have loads of treats friday evening or saturday morning if going to the supermarket as OH likes to go on his own and take Hebe.

1. Do you think about colour when you're preparing a meal? not really
  2. Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now? cooked tomatoes, but only when i'm pregnant
  3. Are you a good cook? if i dont follow recipes (dunno how that works :rofl:)
  4. Are you a vegetarian? not any more
  5. Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat? lol NO!!
  6. At what times do you usually eat your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? breakfast depending when we get up, lunch between 11.30 and 1, dinner about 7, used to be later before i moved back here
  7. Do you always eat dinner as a family? katie eats first and then the rest of us eat later
  8. Do you always eat vegetables? yup, mummy makes me :oops:
  9. What food do you cook the most often? meat, potatoes and veg
  10. Are there any foods you avoid when cooking, if so, why? nothin, i'll give anything a go!
  11. Do you get your 5 a day? do i buggery!
  12. Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why? occasionally, today i had a pineapple at 10.30ish, which i suppose was skipping it. and sometimes i just dont feel like it!
  13. Do you like British food? i'll eat anything!
  14. Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most? again, i'll eat anything!
  15. Do you like to cook? Why or why not? i LOVE cooking! i love doing a bit of a jamie and throwing things in all like, bish bash bosh, ooo that'd taste nice togther, sort of thing!!
  16. Do you like to eat at fast food restaurants? maccy's is the bestest ever! but atm i'm really off junk food
  17. Do you often eat out? only at maccys :lol:
  18. Do you prefer fish, red meat or white meat? red meat, nothing like a fillet steak thats cold in the middle and still mooing!
  19. Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy? only if its something for katie she hasnt had before, and cereals and stuff
  20. How often do you go shopping for food? i used to do one big shop a week and a few smaller ones, need 2-3 trips a week for my big 6 pinters of milk!

1. Do you think about colour when you're preparing a meal? yeah
  2. Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now? strawberries!
  3. Are you a good cook? yes i would say so!
  4. Are you a vegetarian? i used to be until i was 16,ive been eating meat once/twice a week since but im currently turning back vegetarian
  5. Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat? yes
  6. At what times do you usually eat your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? breakfast asap in the morning..i cant do without it, lunch at 12.30 and dinner after ffion goes to bed usually
  7. Do you always eat dinner as a family? never.. lol
  8. Do you always eat vegetables? yes
  9. What food do you cook the most often? probably veg.. or rice
  10. Are there any foods you avoid when cooking, if so, why? not really,if my OH wants it ill cook it.
  11. Do you get your 5 a day? yes every day :)
  12. Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why? no never!
  13. Do you like British food? yes
  14. Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most? mexican..refried bean burritos are so yummy!
  15. Do you like to cook? Why or why not? i do love to cook because i like to see people happy and eating lol
  16. Do you like to eat at fast food restaurants?not really as OH is allergic to a lot
  17. Do you often eat out? no as OH is allergic to a lot
  18. Do you prefer fish, red meat or white meat? fish or white meat deffo
  19. Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy? yes
  20. How often do you go shopping for food? every day usually lol

Do you think about colour when you're preparing a meal? Nope

Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now? sprouts, asparagus, peas

Are you a good cook? I'm told I am. I eat it anyway :lol: Havent killed anyone yet!

Are you a vegetarian?Yep

Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat? Yes, but also fat, protein, carbs and vitamins. I don't believe calorie counting is the be all and end all

At what times do you usually eat your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? Breakfast: 9am in the office, Lunch: 12pm in the office. Dinner: 7pm at home

Do you always eat dinner as a family? Yes

Do you always eat vegetables? Yes, everything

What food do you cook the most often? No idea! I cook a lot of variety, but I guess pasta

Are there any foods you avoid when cooking, if so, why? No, nothing. I have gutted and plucked my own game before :lol:

Do you get your 5 a day? Almost everyday

Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why? Used to, never now. You cannot lose weight effectivly if you skip meals as it lowers your metabolism.

Do you like British food? Yes

Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most? Yes, have lived all over the world. I love far and middle eastern food the most.

Do you like to cook? Why or why not? Yes

Do you like to eat at fast food restaurants? No

Do you often eat out? About once a week

Do you prefer fish, red meat or white meat? None

Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy? Yes, always. I always know how much salt, sugar and saturated fats are in food.

How often do you go shopping for food? Weekly.

1. Do you think about colour when you're preparing a meal? - No,not really.
  2. Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now? - Prawns
  3. Are you a good cook? - I think so,i can cook anything.
  4. Are you a vegetarian? - No
  5. Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat? - No,never.
  6. At what times do you usually eat your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? - 11am,4pm and 7pm
  7. Do you always eat dinner as a family? lunch and dinner
  8. Do you always eat vegetables? - yes
  9. What food do you cook the most often? - chicken and fish meals
  10. Are there any foods you avoid when cooking, if so, why? - lamb,because i can't stand the smell
  11. Do you get your 5 a day? - i don't know,i just eat whatever i crave :)
  12. Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why? - i eat breakfast really late anyway,but i never skip it
  13. Do you like British food? - yes
  14. Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most? - i love food from different countries,but i love everything italian and some mexican dishes
  15. Do you like to cook? Why or why not? - no,i don't enjoy it at all but i cook meals from scratch every day
  16. Do you like to eat at fast food restaurants? - i'm not a fan of red meat,i only eat chicken and fish when at home,so i get big mac once a week for the iron content haha
    Do you often eat out? - not really,noone wants to babysit 3 of them :)))
  17. Do you prefer fish, red meat or white meat?- fish
  18. Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy? - no,but i watch what i give to my daughter
  19. How often do you go shopping for food? - once a week,sometimes we order it online because i'm the one doing the shopping and i end up with all 3 of them in my trolley..:oooo:

1. Do you think about colour when you're preparing a meal? not really
  2. Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now? yes, sweetcorn
  3. Are you a good cook? i'm ok, but OH does the complicated stuff
  4. Are you a vegetarian? No but i was when i was younger
  5. Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat? Not at the moment coz i'm preggo but i really should
  6. At what times do you usually eat your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? I don't eat breakfast, lunch 12-1 and dinner we have quite late after the baby goes to bed
  7. Do you always eat dinner as a family? apart from the baby, yes. When h starts to stay up a bit later we will include him too
  8. Do you always eat vegetables? As much as i can, yes. I love veg but OH east NO veg AT ALL
  9. What food do you cook the most often? I'd say pasta dishes
  10. Are there any foods you avoid when cooking, if so, why? Garlic atm as the smell makes me gag
  11. Do you get your 5 a day? unfortunately not
  12. Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why? Always, i just don't fancy anything on a morning
  13. Do you like British food? yeah
  14. Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most? i love chinese, and mexican
  15. Do you like to cook? Why or why not? no, i find it stressful
  16. Do you like to eat at fast food restaurants? sometimes but i'd rather eat whats in the house
  17. Do you often eat out? not often, only for a treat
  18. Do you prefer fish, red meat or white meat? red meat, i don't like fish apart from tinned tuna
  19. Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy? no, but i should
  20. How often do you go shopping for food? i do a big shop online once a month and pop out every couple of days for fresh stuff

1. Do you think about colour when you're preparing a meal? Not really, as long as it tastes good
  2. Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now? Beef in any form
  3. Are you a good cook? Yes
  5. Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat? A little bit
  6. At what times do you usually eat your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? I dont, 1pm and 6pm
  7. Do you always eat dinner as a family? Brooke eats seperatley from me and OH because of working hours
  8. Do you always eat vegetables? Yes, love them
  9. What food do you cook the most often? Vegetables lol
  10. Are there any foods you avoid when cooking, if so, why? Liver or any kind of offal, yuck
  11. Do you get your 5 a day? No, id say i get 3 maybe 4 though
  12. Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why? 99% of the time, im not a big morning eater
  13. Do you like British food? My favourite!!
  14. Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most? Chinese!!
  15. Do you like to cook? Why or why not? Love it
  16. Do you like to eat at fast food restaurants? Yeap
  17. Do you often eat out? Couple of times a month
  18. Do you prefer fish, red meat or white meat? Fish
  19. Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy? Only on Brookes food
  20. How often do you go shopping for food? Big shop once a week then a litte one half way through to top up

1. Do you think about colour when you're preparing a meal? Sometimes, I think, hmm that looks a bit bland!
  2. Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now? Loads, mainly things like cabbage and green beans and stuff like that lol
  3. Are you a good cook? I'm alright
  5. Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat? Nope
  6. At what times do you usually eat your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? Breakfast between 9-10, lunch between 12.30-1.30, dinner between 5-6
  7. Do you always eat dinner as a family? Yes, I make the same thing for Grace so we eat together
  8. Do you always eat vegetables? No but I do like them
  9. What food do you cook the most often? Chicken
  10. Are there any foods you avoid when cooking, if so, why? Mushrooms because I hate them lol
  11. Do you get your 5 a day? No
  12. Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why? Sometimes if I'm in a rush to get out
  13. Do you like British food? Most of it
  14. Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most? Yes, chinese is the best
  15. Do you like to cook? Why or why not? It depends how I feel
  16. Do you like to eat at fast food restaurants? Yep
  17. Do you often eat out? No, can't afford to
  18. Do you prefer fish, red meat or white meat? Red meat but I eat white meat more often
  19. Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy? No except to check salt content if I'm giving Grace some
  20. How often do you go shopping for food? Online shop once every 3-4 weeks

:oops:

1. Do you think about colour when you're preparing a meal? Yes
  2. Are there any foods that you wouldn't eat as a child that you eat now? Broccoli
  3. Are you a good cook? Not bad
  5. Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat? Sometimes
  6. At what times do you usually eat your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)? 0700 but sometimes skip it, 1200-1300, 1800 onwards depends on work, kids etc
  7. Do you always eat dinner as a family? No, I wish we did though
  8. Do you always eat vegetables? Yes
  9. What food do you cook the most often? Chicken and veg
  10. Are there any foods you avoid when cooking, if so, why? Seafood, the smell turns my stomach. OH cooks it for himself and the girls.
  11. Do you get your 5 a day? Sometimes, I dont specifically aim for 5
  12. Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why? I have 2 girls to get ready and in nursery by 0745 so I can be in work by 0800 so time doesn't always allow it. I always have something on morning t-break at 1000
  13. Do you like British food? Yes
  14. Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most? Yes, Indian
  15. Do you like to cook? Why or why not? When I have the day off work I do, otherwise im rushing about doing 10 other things at the same time and it just becomes a chore
  16. Do you like to eat at fast food restaurants? No
  17. Do you often eat out? once every 2 weeks sometimes more
  18. Do you prefer fish, red meat or white meat? white meat
  19. Do you read the nutritional information on the foods you buy? Yes, more so on the chidrens food though
  20. How often do you go shopping for food? One big shop a week and about 3 shops for bread, milk, fresh veg etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back