How old?

This is going to sound awful - but I never would - or I say that now, but I'd imagine id have to at some point or it's
Not fair. I'd happily let my mum have him for a whole day as soon as I stop breastfeeding when he's 12 months. I kind of don't trust my inlaws - they don't eat great food, and I dot like he language they use around their other grandchildren. They are full of love and very sweet, but I only trust my parents right now.

I know mil and fil would spoilt her rotten with sweets and crap when older and hold her 24/7 while a baby, I've caught fil poking her trying to wake her up many times :mad: they also use vile language 24/7 every other word is c***!
Also she wants to get Lily's ears pierced I know she won't abide by our rules!

MIL will have Sophie from 3-6 months onwards as I'll need a couple of afternoons a week to get the horse exercised. Thats the only real reason

I would be happy for my mum to have her for the day. She has had her overnight once for us but i would never trust my MIL.

Funnily enough DH agrees that his mum shouldn't have her but is fine with my mum. Says something about what kind of woman she is!

Voted :)

Thanks for voting :)
I wish my OH would agree with me against his mum for once :( rather than saying whatever to keep us both happy :(
I feel bad for not allowing her what she wants but then she should respect that she's my child as well as her sons..

Just commented on your other thread... after reading that i would certainly say never! lol

Never! It's a very long story so I won't get into it. Xx

Never because they've never met m. And u have 3 daughteers not just the one mil needs to realise that yes lily is her grandchild but she seems to interfeer an awful lot and consider her way the only way so I wouldn't until u are 100 % happy x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Feel free to rant away if u need to babe I have lol! It feels gooooooood! Also if u don't want to then its ok.. Have a :hug: :hug: mils are horrid 90% of the time!

Never because they've never met m. And u have 3 daughteers not just the one mil needs to realise that yes lily is her grandchild but she seems to interfeer an awful lot and consider her way the only way so I wouldn't until u are 100 % happy x

Thanks babe! I wish u lot could tell my OH all this!!!

Sorry to hear she's never met ur LO.. Is that a good thing or a bad thing for u.. Didn't know if a :) or :( was in order!

Last edited:
Its 100 % their choice as ms dad has also never met her I feel sad for m but I'm not flying to NI for them if they want to meet her they can come here :) x

aww my mil and fil are angels! they have had emma a few times and they always ask when is she due a nap, they respect her routine, they always just feed her what i want etc. my mum and dad are the same.

plus - and i don't know how, they house is always a bit tidier if they come here, and all her bottles are washed etc - i don't ask them to do it but when emma has a nap they run round like mad people doing it all.

I'm actualy fuming for you just read the other thread she seriously needs to sort herself out !! Tell her she can see lily and the girls whenever she wants you all love seeing her and it would be lovely for you all to go out together :) she can either like it or lump it !!

My mother-in-law has looked after Poppy for a few hours every week since she was about 4 weeks old. Being a grandparent is such a special thing, I wouldn't ever want to deny her time with her own granddaughter.

Elfs.. sorry to hear that.. Ur right though if they want to see her they should make the journey! All my dads side of the family live in Nottingham and I haven't heard from them since I was about 4/5.. I don't mind tbh I've got enough family around me here :)
We were all happy visiting her etc she never wanted to go town with me (5min walk) when I asked.. Always went shopping with her niece and her sister for baby things even when I was preg.. I really wanted to be invited :( but never was..

BG ur very lucky to have such great in laws!! As u can tell by this thread there aren't many!!

Lu, I'm not denying her time with lily.. Just think its wrong she wants to split my kids up and get me to stop bf so she can take her.. She would never abide by our rules so it's hard to trust her..
Ur very lucky to have a lovely mil :)

I'm only just ready to do it now because I need help to attend courses to get more qualifications. She's lovely (if pretty full on and too much for me at times) but I just feel more comfortable with my own mum having LO as I think MIL fusses and worries so much that I'm not sure she would manage a whole day without panicking and calling me back anyway.
Wasn't ever in the picture before 10 months because of bfing so couldnt have left him with anyone for more than a couple of hours.

Lu, I'm not denying her time with lily.. Just think its wrong she wants to split my kids up and get me to stop bf so she can take her.. She would never abide by our rules so it's hard to trust her..

I didn't read the rest of the posts, I just voted and stated why I voted. But yes I think I must be very lucky as most people seem to hate their MIL's! I'm probably going to get lots of people bashing me for what I said, and I can understand why some people don't want their children seeing their MILs when they've done something unforgivable or been nasty, but I also know plenty of people who don't let them see them out of pure spite, which is wrong. I've had this argument on here before and lost, because, of course... most people hate their mother-in-law and I'm in the minority!

Last edited:
That's good u have support while your going on courses! It's better to have an over protective grandparent babysitting than one that's not that bothered lol! Good luck with it all babe!!

I didn't read the rest of the posts, I just voted and stated why I voted. But yes I think I must be very lucky as most people seem to hate their MIL's! I'm probably going to get lots of people bashing me for what I said, and I can understand why some people don't want their children seeing their MILs when they've done something unforgivable or something, but I also know plenty of people who don't let them see them out of pure spite, which is wrong. I've had this argument on here before and lost, because, of course... most people hate their mother-in-law and I'm in the minority!

I don't agree with keeping children from mils out of spite that's horrid.. I don't think anyone would think that was ok..xx

Thanks, yeah mine is defo better than yours. Stick to your guns and focus on all the good things you've got :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back